PDA

View Full Version : New Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Video

Kooster
03-20-2002, 02:04 PM
Click Here To See the Video. (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/media/0,11100,480241,00.html) This looks pretty cool. I think I might buy this game. What do you guys think?

Ninja Scroll
03-20-2002, 02:18 PM
Yeah, it's really shaping up to be something really special.
I just hope it will live up to the hype it's about to incounter as the first true Xbox RPG!
Lets cross our fingers!
;)

Nato King
03-20-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Yeah, it's really shaping up to be something really special.
I just hope it will live up to the hype it's about to incounter as the first true Xbox RPG!
Lets cross our fingers!
;)

Just like ninja said, this game needs to live up to what it’s saying and if it does this game will be the best game out for RPG games. I am crossing my fingers. :)

l Maximus l
03-20-2002, 03:01 PM
I'm still debating on getting this game or not. I haven't dicovered if I am an RPG fan or not since I have never played a true full-fledged RPG.

For some reason, the RPG genre doesn't appeal to me....I can't put my finger on it...the only thing I can thing of is the lack of constant action...this is what makes games fun for me. Take Halo for example...it's non-stop action! It just seems to me that Morrowind is going to be more of an exploration type game that is lacking constant action. Yes, I understand it will have action...but, it appears that it will only be "here and there".

Anyway...Am I completely missing something? :confused:

Kooster
03-20-2002, 03:20 PM
There are several things I like about RPGs. You get to make your own decisions and collect weapons and things. I don't really know why I like them so much, though. I've only played the Final Fantasies on PSone. I don't know if all RPGs are good. I think I'll try Morrowind because it's supposed to be very expansive.

DZNUTZ
03-20-2002, 04:33 PM
i'm gonna wait and see what type of reviews it recieves.....personally i'm more eXcited about project ego and KOTOR , and no ..i'm not some starwars nut...not in the least..but the new movie looks tight and so does the game!!!

Hugh_Jass
03-20-2002, 07:29 PM
He compared ES3 to "Baldur's Gate" on the PC. That game had me glued to my monitor for months. This is a must-own title for everyone...THIS MEANS YOU, MAXIMUS. ;)

FuNkY mOnK
03-20-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I'm still debating on getting this game or not. I haven't dicovered if I am an RPG fan or not since I have never played a true full-fledged RPG.

If you like walking through fields of rainbows, waterfalls, Fireflies, Mountains, streams, elves, fairies, character building, exploration, magic casting, summoning, fighting,maps,kings,knights, dungeons & dragons, stealing, hiding, resting, talking, modifying weapons, gold, treasure chests, coins, food, all with fantasy music playing in the background, you’re an rpg fan. I will indeed get morrowind,
because my rpg gauge says empty, and any octain will do.:D

JADE8704
03-20-2002, 08:59 PM
the only reason why i would get this game is because i heard theres atleast 100+ hours on the game play because you can do alot of things in the game...and the cool thing is, every adventure has a different ending...im hungry for some rpgs, and project ego seems to be too far into the future, so i dont know...

i like rpgs because you become the character in the game...you feel like you actually are in the game..thats whats cool about rpgs is because it immerses you into the storyline...and also you feel a close bond to the other characters in the game(ex. zelda ocarina of time...i almost peed my pants when i saw link become an adult:D)and also, you can explore the wonderful world that the devs made, and actually interact with the environment...its quite different from an action game...and im not taking anything away from that genre, infact, i enjoy action games as much as i do rpgs...well thats my bit on rpgs..hope that helped some:)

Skarp
03-20-2002, 11:48 PM
Can't wait for this one! Reminds me of EQ.

Afro Aura
03-21-2002, 08:13 AM
I WANT THAT GAME NOOOOOWW!!!!

I was like Maximus once I wanted action, action and more action untill I got hold of Phantasy Star 2 on the Megadrive (Genesis) and that was it I was hooked.

Max it's the adventure of choosing you own team, finding new items, choosing your own weapons, tactual fighting the list could go on but untill you've tried a good RPG then you don't know what your missing as you can finish a RPG in a couple of hours theres always the chance you could go back to finish what you missed the last time round and maybe get a better ending.

I loved Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast and I really hope they bring a sequel to this game all though it's gonna be pretty hard as to what the did to the final boss lets hope and see:D

JJaX
03-21-2002, 08:17 AM
Latest Preview

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,480241,00.html

Controls Like HaLo :cool:

RudedogX
03-21-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Maximus

For some reason, the RPG genre doesn't appeal to me....I can't put my finger on it...the only thing I can thing of is the lack of constant action...this is what makes games fun for me. Take Halo for example...it's non-stop action! It just seems to me that Morrowind is going to be more of an exploration type game that is lacking constant action. Yes, I understand it will have action...but, it appears that it will only be "here and there".

Anyway...Am I completely missing something? :confused:

Maximus! You liked Azurik right? If you liked Azurik, think of Azurik as a pathetic excuse for a RPG. Now take that fun and multiply it 10 to 15 times, that's what a true RPG should be like.

Hugh_Jass
03-21-2002, 10:26 AM
I was disappointed to hear that they sacrificed some of the graphical detail for the XBOX version. I wonder why that was necessary? Can't they give us an HDTV version and make it equivalent to the PC graphics?

FuNkY mOnK
03-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura
as you can finish a RPG in a couple of hours theres always the chance you could go back to finish what you missed the last time round and maybe get a better ending.

what rpg on earth can you finish in a couple of hours? even the *****iest rpg last for months.

redrum237
03-21-2002, 02:58 PM
I was disappointed to hear that they sacrificed some of the graphical detail for the XBOX version. I wonder why that was necessary? Can't they give us an HDTV version and make it equivalent to the PC graphics?

where did you hear that? i heard that the xbox was supossed to hav BETTER graphics then PC, i also heard they are the exact same, i never heard xbox has worse?

JJaX
03-21-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by redrum237

where did you hear that? i heard that the xbox was supossed to hav BETTER graphics then PC, i also heard they are the exact same, i never heard xbox has worse?

Read

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,480241,00.html

Afro Aura
03-21-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK

what rpg on earth can you finish in a couple of hours? even the *****iest rpg last for months.
LOL the couple of hours can be months

tell you the truth I played Skies of Arcadia for about 100+ and the second time round 60+ so I have to say I got my money's worth out of the game

redrum237
03-21-2002, 03:06 PM
Oh,

oh well my computr sucks anyway, and the conrtols for daggerfall ****ed me of, so ill comprimis the graphcs fr some better control

Hugh_Jass
03-21-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by redrum237

The guy in the video stated that the PC would have higher quality textures and a higher resolution.