PDA

View Full Version : How do you rate Xbox so far?



Dave
03-20-2002, 11:49 PM
I have been let down a few times so far, but that's not my Xbox's fault, that's the nimrod's who made the games fault. I am a tough person to please, but I really gotta give my Xbox a 10 out of 10. I really feel like I bought the true next generation system, and I see PS2 as a Dreamcast with DVD, and Gamecube as a good solid system, but definitely inferior to the Xbox.

This system should last a very long time, and PS3 will probably be mainly for PS2 owners who are bummed Cube and Xbox especially are kicking their ass really bad by then. I don't think Xbox or Cube owners will need a PS3, only PS2 owners will because PS2 is just an inferior system to the others, and PS3 will be needed just to compete with todays best the Xbox.

Skarp
03-21-2002, 12:38 AM
The Xbox itself I'll give 9/10. Just cause I don't like the controllers too well, the green color, and its froze up on me every so often.
The games I'll give 5/10. They've really sucked but good ones are beginning to come out. Blood Omen 2, Rallisport Challenge, NBA2k2, and JSRF are some examples of some good ones. NFL Fever and Halo are probably he only old ones worth owning. The rest are mainly rentals.

Formula_91
03-21-2002, 04:18 AM
Did ya bash PS2 enough there dave? ^_^
Predict all ya want man that battle will last for some time ;)

now I want an x-box :(

Afro Aura
03-21-2002, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by Formula_91
Did ya bash PS2 enough there dave? ^_^
Predict all ya want man that battle will last for some time ;)

now I want an x-box :(
come on mate you know it true what he's said I feel the XBOX and the Game Cube are really gonna strangle the PS2s hold on the market soon and only fanboy PS2 owners will by the PS3

guitargod711
03-21-2002, 09:20 AM
I rate Xbox as being good ,but great in the future

Chr0nik
03-21-2002, 11:11 AM
Good for now, hopefully great later. I bought a PS2 to fill the void

I had in the games that are lacking for Xbox currently, by next

year though, I think PS2 will have a hard time competing.

The tides are slowly shifting in the console world.

FuNkY mOnK
03-21-2002, 02:21 PM
On a scale from 1 to 10 xbox gets 11. i love my green power plant,
it can do no wrong once its understood.

DZNUTZ
03-21-2002, 02:55 PM
i guess the sky is the limit...but personally i couldn't be more content then i am with the XBOX...its is one bad ash machine ...and i really have no complaints.

Master Gracey
03-21-2002, 06:40 PM
I'd give the Xbox itself a perfect 10 out of 10. I love the colour scheme, the big controller, the fact that I have over 200 songs stored inside and well over 75% of hard drive space left, and the killer DVD player features.

What I can't stand are the games. I want something with originality... or at least good replay value. Something that I can play for weeks and not have the same thing happen over and over and over and over. I don't like sci-fi, I'm dead sick of racing games, I don't care much for sports games, and I'm even sick of hearing my OWN soundtrack in THPS2X. Don't even talk to me about THPS3... I enjoy the vert skating stuff, so the reliance on constant manuals bored me to tears.

In a nutshell, the Box has power and potential... we just need some GAMES!!!!!! And we also need the developers to stop pushing the good stuff back.

http://members.aol.com/hallofhead/organ2.jpg

Kortiz
03-21-2002, 06:55 PM
play station will never go under. it has life long fans now.
and there a plenty of people who will buy PS3 along with the next Xbox and the next GC......and so on and so on....the thing is, we need to get to the point where all 3 systems is liked....but that wont happen in the mixed economy that we have in the gaming business. if they all cost 10bucks, there would be no discussion on which one is best...we all would have one.....people are out to make money.....and all 3 consoles got some clout in some way shape or form. PS3 or GC or Xbox will all live til the end of consoles....

Frink
03-21-2002, 09:24 PM
One word: 10. Well I guess that really isn't a word.

Plewis
03-21-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ChickenSHHHH
play station will never go under. it has life long fans now.
and there a plenty of people who will buy PS3 along with the next Xbox and the next GC......and so on and so on....the thing is, we need to get to the point where all 3 systems is liked....but that wont happen in the mixed economy that we have in the gaming business. if they all cost 10bucks, there would be no discussion on which one is best...we all would have one.....people are out to make money.....and all 3 consoles got some clout in some way shape or form. PS3 or GC or Xbox will all live til the end of consoles....

You could have said the same thing about Sega couldn't you...;) I would give my green machine a 10. The console is the best ever in my opinion. I give myself a 5 because I bought crappy games like DOA3, and Bloodwake. If I would of waited for games like NBA 2K2, and JSRF I would be even more happy. But I will be able to get them soon. My xbox is great. I love everything about it except for maybe... the freezing problem:( It's only happened to my once, but I feel for the other people. I don't even know if it's that big, because you only hear a few people talkin about it:confused:

robnyack
03-21-2002, 09:53 PM
I give the xbox a 9/10. For a new system, you have to give them high marks for the games they have. It's the best group of games for a new system that I ever remember, hands down.

However, having said that......the games for the most part SUCK! I keeps saying, and I also keep saying that this is not a xbox-only problem......90% of ALL games on ALL platforms SUCK, period.

To make matters worse, these pinheads hype the **** out of these games knowing full well their games is going to SUCK. Even the games that re decent sink under the weight of all the pre-release hype that is thrown on them.

Long ago, I reached the point where I realized reading the back of a game box or reading a "preview" article on a game is a complete total propaganda waste of time.

PS2 brags about having 15 billion games....well, who cares, 14,999,999,986 of them SUCK.

Face it, good games are rare.....great games almost non-existant.

robnyack
03-21-2002, 09:54 PM
btw, as far as who will survive...I already know.

there is only room for 2 game consoles on the market and GC will be the one that goes the way of dreamcast.

Afro Aura
03-22-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
btw, as far as who will survive...I already know.

there is only room for 2 game consoles on the market and GC will be the one that goes the way of dreamcast.
Nar I don't think so mate as over here in the UK it's the cheapest console over here and I'm sure the people who are buying the Game Cube know that Nintendo do some great games and it a cheap present for some kids birthday.

The XBOX will be the hardcore gamers and the PC owners next move as they feel they've has enough of upgrading there PC I should know as when I was collecting my XBOX at 12.00am I asked some of the people why did they buy the XBOX most of them had never bought a console as most of them where PC owners

And with Sony I feel it will be the beggars choice as there are loads of ripped games for it and I'm sure you'll soon be able to go to Mac Donalds buy one Big Mac and get a PS2 free :D

Crazy Joe
03-22-2002, 02:09 AM
i gotta give a 10, because i bought it pretty much on impulse and wasn't hyping myself up for a year like alot of people were. not saying those people don't love it but i am much easier to impress i am sure. just a note, once i got it i found this site a couple of weeks later and never turned back....

I am xBa 4 Life

sinizuh
03-22-2002, 02:15 AM
at the moment, i give Xbox 3 out of 10... but that's only cause i have Genma Onimusha in it... :mad: :mad: :mad:


but seriously, Xbox right now gets about 7.5 out of 10. It's good, but it can be soooo much better. once online play comes out, it will bump my score up 1-1.5 points.

Piccolo_DBz
03-22-2002, 02:19 AM
I will give it......8 out of 10. 2 points off for Need Improvement. Probably by the end of the year it will be a 10.

Wirvine
03-22-2002, 09:16 AM
Hi,
Well I have had my xbox for a week now and think the graphics are amazing. I have got used to the big control pad, at first it made my thumb hurt. I have had a problem with my xbox, whilst playing Halo all of a sudden it says Controller 1 missing please reinsert and press start. I have checked all connections and they are fine. It has happened a few times now. I dont think it is anything too serious. As far as all this which console is better stuff, I own a PS2 aswell and the Xbox has the better graphics. If the PS3 came out with better graphics than Xbox I would get one. At the end of the day whatever console has the best graphics/games that is what I am going to get. At the moment Xbox is my choice. The games I think are good so far for Xbox. Halo RULES!.

Will ;-)

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 11:49 AM
9.9 out of 10 (only because nothing is perfect) :D But, it's d a m n close!! I love my XBox..it's the best console to ever hit the console market, in my opinion. Personally, I have never had more fun with a console until the XBox.

One of the things that really irritates me with some of the posts I see on this thread is that people are basing their votes on games that they probably own and ended up being disappointments. I mean, if my XBox library consisted of the greatness of Kabuki Warriors, the mind boggling 4x4 Evo, and the utter brilliancy of Fuzion Frenzy, I would have given it low scores, too!

But, in any event, every system has bad games. It's just a part of life...and, some people might find the above games very enjoyable...and, I say good for them!!!

As for me, I rate the games that I own a solid 9/10. Why? I'm picky on which games I buy based on the research I do before I lay down my hard earned $50. But, that's just me :)

Shadow Fox
03-22-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
9.9 out of 10 (only because nothing is perfect) :D But, it's d a m n close!! I love my XBox..it's the best console to ever hit the console market, in my opinion. Personally, I have never had more fun with a console until the XBox.

One of the things that really irritates me with some of the posts I see on this thread is that people are basing their votes on games that they probably own and ended up being disappointments. I mean, if my XBox library consisted of the greatness of Kabuki Warriors, the mind boggling 4x4 Evo, and the utter brilliancy of Fuzion Frenzy, I would have given it low scores, too!

But, in any event, every system has bad games. It's just a part of life...and, some people might find the above games very enjoyable...and, I say good for them!!!

As for me, I rate the games that I own a solid 9/10. Why? I'm picky on which games I buy based on the research I do before I lay down my hard earned $50. But, that's just me :) I agree, Max.

My Verdict: Xbox ---> 8/10 (as far as features, control, environment go)

Second Verdict: Xbox ---->30/10 (considering all the bashing it's recieved prior to launch, and proving to be the next Sony as a newcomer)

Games Verdict---->5/10. It's a mixed bag (a blockbuster here, a skunk there. Pretty much like a PS2 lineup so far, but that's likely to change for the better once more and better support are garnered).

In essence, Max Payne, Halo, Silent Hill, Fever, GunValkyrie, JSRF, UFC, Rallisport, and Knockout kings make up for all the disappointments (so many titles were said to be sure hits, it's crazy). Once MS settles down and starts revamping its franchise attack (Halo, Malice, Project Ego, Rallisport, Fever sequels), we'll see more quality games on the box...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 01:23 PM
Good points, Shadow Fox.

I especially agree on what you said about future games. The XBox is still a very new console, therefore, it will take time for game developers to see exactly what they can do with the XBox. Of course, to develop a game, it takes much longer than 4 months, which is how long the XBox has been out. (Okay, 4 months and one week ;) )

But, I am really starting to see some HUGE progress on this part. Unreal Championship will definately set a fresh tone as the XBox goes on-line. I'm expecting brilliancy from Brute Force and Half Life 2. Metal Gear Solid X is sounding to be something very special for the XBox... Outlaw Golf is highly anticipated for me....as well as Hunter: The Reckoning.

Rallisport Challenge actually exceeded my expectations! Halo met my expectations only because the hype was so huge. So, I think we'll see more of this in the future.

Of course the XBox will have some lame games during the process....it's hard to please everyone. I mean, there are even fans on here of Fuzion Frenzy and that game makes me want to vomit. But, if they like it...great!!! I'm all for it but wouldn't own it, personally!

As you know, Shadow Fox...Blockbuster games and half-assed games is part of every console ever created.

I mean, the XBox has Halo and Kabuki Warriors on it.

GameCube has (or will have) Resident Evil, yet, it still has Super Monkey Ball.

And the Playstation has Final Fantasy X and Casper!

Any reasonable gamer will understand the point :)

Shadow Fox
03-22-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
As you know, Shadow Fox...Blockbuster games and half-assed games is part of every console ever created.

I mean, the XBox has Halo and Kabuki Warriors on it.

GameCube has (or will have) Resident Evil, yet, it still has Super Monkey Ball.

And the Playstation has Final Fantasy X and Casper!

Any reasonable gamer will understand the point :) So true, but I wouldn't say Monkey Ball for GCN; it has more of a hardcore following (often by adults), and is more challenging than the likes of Casper or Kabuki Warriors...

But hey, feel free to replace it with Universal Studios; God that game sucks...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
So true, but I wouldn't say Monkey Ball for GCN; it has more of a hardcore following (often by adults), and is more challenging than the likes of Casper or Kabuki Warriors...

But hey, feel free to replace it with Universal Studios; God that game sucks...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

hehe...I haven't had the pleasure of playing Universal Studios...but, as for Super Monkey Ball...I just didn't find it at all fun and have only heard negative things about it from several people. I only mentioned it to provide an example. So, Universal Studios is horrible, huh? I'll pass that one up :D