PDA

View Full Version : orange flashing light

Sickplaya
03-20-2002, 11:04 PM
has anyone had the eject button light flash orange from overheating?

Sickplaya
03-20-2002, 11:08 PM
i was just wondering what temp it kicks in at roughly because it said it flashes orange and stops playing till it cools down when it gets too hot in the instructions,

Sickplaya
03-20-2002, 11:29 PM
Fine then, ignore me. thanks guys

Skarp
03-20-2002, 11:32 PM
Um, wait longer than 20 min for a response........impatient

Skarp
03-20-2002, 11:33 PM
No, I have never had the orange light before (or i haven't looked) but a couple of times I had left the xbox on for awhile playing a game and it just froze on me. Is that what yours did

Sangha
03-20-2002, 11:40 PM
I've never had an orange light on my XBox and I've played it for at least 15 hours straight 3 or 4 times.

Sickplaya
03-20-2002, 11:43 PM
Nah, I haven't had it freeze yet, nor have i had the light come on. i was just interested because it's pretty cool that it warns you that it's overheating, this would have been very helpful if playstation1 had this feature!! would have saved me a laser or two.

FuNkY mOnK
03-21-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Sickplaya
Fine then, ignore me. thanks guys Oh… no one told you… when you register, you get a bell that you ring three times, and a spot light to shine in the night skies over the city, in the shape of an x. my xbox never had an overheat problem, knock wood.
:)

Hermes
03-21-2002, 06:00 AM
If you don't have the video cable hooked into the back, it will flash orange also.

khaos2005
03-21-2002, 06:19 AM
I don't think I flashes orange from overheating. I'm sure it's a rumor, but I could be wrong. The Xbox doesn't overheat, give us a break here.

I got the light to appear once when I took out my AV cables. That's it.

gtaplayer
03-21-2002, 06:50 AM
hey yea i have had my xbox flash orange where its supposed to flash green i think it was because i did some thing wrong...i think it flashes orange if u leave the game on and press the button to take out the disk...i think thats what happend to me

Highlite23
03-21-2002, 10:13 AM
knock on proverbial wood, i have had NO problems what so ever with my little black & green buddy.

Although it is sitting on top of a block of ice.................just kidding.

Chr0nik
03-21-2002, 10:20 AM
The only time my orange light has flashed is when I have

powered up the Xbox without pluggin in the AVpack to the back

of the unit, as for overheating ,never had that problem, do not

know anyone who has had that problem.

Spaztic
03-21-2002, 10:25 AM
I have never had a overheating problem but I have had a problem with some games freezing. I figured out that it was becuase of the ripped I burnt to the hard drive.

spy_spirit
03-21-2002, 10:43 AM
It's because your video cable is not plugged corectly

Chaotic
03-21-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by spy_spirit
It's because your video cable is not plugged corectly

Correct

xboxmaster2002
03-21-2002, 03:16 PM
the rumor i herd was it flashes orange when you should shut it off and if you dont it will turn red and thats a sign of over heating

spy_spirit
03-21-2002, 04:06 PM
if it flash red it's a sign of malfunction in the box@

FuNkY mOnK
03-21-2002, 04:31 PM
Hey, spy_ spirit what’s that little clock counting in your sig? Are you going to self-destruct or release a virus? What’s the dilio dude, you’re scaring me. :confused:

Plewis
03-21-2002, 04:53 PM
i believe its the time. Mine flashed orange when i took it to a friends house, and put it back in at my house and plugged it in wrong, although many people have posted this same thing. My box has never overheated either. It has frozen once, but that was on the OXM demo disk

Frink
03-21-2002, 08:28 PM
Mine is working like a charm. I had a friend who had a defective Xbox and the light flashed red when he inserted a game. He bought another one and never had a problem.

1goodcop
03-21-2002, 11:27 PM
Hi all! I bought my xbox on e-bay used(almost new condition) with 3 games(Halo.DOA3 and Project Gothom Racing), an extra controller, DVD kit and a 2 year warrenty from microsoft all 4 $360.00. I was going to buy a new 1, but I could'nt pass this up. For the past 3 weeks, I've been playing the above 3 games along with All Star Baseball 2003, Max Payne(Great game!) And Rally Sport Challenge with no problems. I also own a PS2, but I found myself only playing with the xbox because I was really impressed with the system and games I had and I would only go back to PS2 to play GTA3. Well, I was playing Halo a couple of nights ago when I decided to go to bed. I went to the screen "save and quit." When I did this, The screen just froze up. I shut the system off, turned it back on and watched Halo load up, but it again froze on "Bungie." At this time, I again shut off the system and turned it back on. I went to the options menu "memory" to see if my current game of Halo was saved.(I'm playing on legendary and it took me forever to get where I was at.) Well, at this time my xbox started to make some funny clicking noises and the green light around the eject button turned orange and started blinking. My tv sceen then went blank 4 a couple of seconds and the writting" Your xbox needs to be serviced, Please contact customer service." in english and about 5 other languages. I tried my other games but they all froze up while loading. Well, as you can imagine I was pretty worried at this time. I called the customer service # in the a.m. that was on my warrenty(with fingers crossed) and they didnt give me any problem with putting the service contract in my name. They're sending me out a box to pack up the system and theyre handling everthing. I believe I have something wrong with the hard drive, but I'm not mad at all. I'm kind of glad something went wrong now instead of later.

PS. I kinda lucked out. If I would have bought my system new, I know I probably would'nt have purchased the warrenty. To those of u that r having some problems, don't hesitate to call customer service. They were very helpfull to me.

1goodcop
03-21-2002, 11:34 PM
....oh, and I should add that my system has plenty of ventalation and was running cool. All of the cords were also properly in place. No big deal if some systems are defective, there always seems to be this kind of problem anytime a new system is released, but luckily it's a very small persentage.