PDA

View Full Version : Mean Wife.

wydstt
03-21-2002, 04:45 AM
It's my Birthday on the 1st of April, and my wife has bought me an X-Box :cool:

However, it's sitting downstairs and I'm not getting to use it until my Birthday :mad: :mad: :mad:

Think of all those hours of Halo I'm missing out on, I can't cope.

I've read various pieces about things I could buy to prepare me for my ultimate experience when I wake up at 05:00 on the 1st and play ALL day, is there anything else I could buy for the X-Box before I play it?

Maybe I should sneak it out the box and just check that it works.
:D

E-Vader
03-21-2002, 05:02 AM
Maybe I should sneak it out the box and just check that it works.

Do it do it do it I dare ya.:D

nascarfan29
03-21-2002, 05:04 AM
Mean wife? Dude, she rocks! She bought you one of the best friends you'll ever have....well, maybe not that drastic, but damn close! :D
My G/F has gotten me a few goodies along the way: NASCAR Thunder, an extra controller, a steering wheel/pad (!!!).
:eek:
Anyway...welcome to the boards!

Halo of Flies
03-21-2002, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by wydstt
It's my Birthday on the 1st of April, and my wife has bought me an X-Box :cool:
That's April fool's day - are you sure it isn't just an empty box? :D

Nato King
03-21-2002, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by E-Vader

Do it do it do it I dare ya.:D

I will have to go with what E-Vader said. You will need to go check the box to see if it is really an xbox in the box because like Halo of files said it could be an empty box but would your wife be that mean I don't think so. When she falls asleep go check.:) :)

Afro Aura
03-21-2002, 07:27 AM
Hi ya Wydstt

d@mn shame about the XBOX situation at least on your birthday you'll have the time of your life, playing HALO I'm not quite sure why she did this because you won't be getting any sleep for a long time, unless it's the D.I.Y. kit she really bought you as she always wanted you to finish doing up the kitchen hehehe

Anyway welcome to the XBOX famliy and I do hope it is an XBOX but just incase do what Serg w said and go and check when shes asleep
See ya mate:D

guitargod711
03-21-2002, 08:22 AM
Give her a night of dinner,dancing and sex.Then tell her you want your box!!!!

sinizuh
03-21-2002, 09:11 AM
if shes torturing you like this, just wait for the xbox and then devorce her!

Spaztic
03-21-2002, 10:10 AM
I would check about that april fools deal...that would be a pretty nasty trick! If I was you I would go pick up Rallisport Challange as well, that game is the best racing game ever! Congrats, I would never say a bad thing to my woman again if she bought my xbox!

wydstt
03-21-2002, 10:31 AM
Good to hear from all you guys. I've already considered the empty box trick, luckily it's not wrapped up, so I'll already loving stroked my box.;)

She's a great wife, unfortunately for her there will be no more Eastenders (crap British soap - no such thing as a good one!) on our 32" Widescreen TV. Might be a good excuse to get my own one. Now there's an idea...

Never mind, I guess I'll just have to finish all these PSone games I've been picking up cheap. I've never been a console player and only recently picked up a cheap PSone from someone who just bought a PS2 - poor guy!

Hmmm, I've considered buying the Rally game, but Mr Nascar fan said I should buy NCR T...decisions...decisions...

I'll just go and see if my box is still there. Roll on April.....:)

jschelm
03-21-2002, 10:58 AM
It does stink that you have to wait, but at least with her buying it for you she can't complain about you playing. My g/f doesn't particularly care for my XBox and a lot of my buddies have had girls tell them flat out they can't have one! I guess they need to start making more games for girls to play.

Batman2372
03-21-2002, 11:20 AM
My wife and I play Xbox together all the time! We make quite a Halo pair! She's a Tony Hawk fan as well. She's not the addict that I am, but we have fun together.

shagg
03-21-2002, 11:20 AM
My wife bought me my xbox when it was released here in the US in November of last year and would not let me open it till Christmas. That sucked. But once I started playing Halo, NFL fever, and Dead or Alive3, I instantly forgave her and gave her a night of passionate sex afterwards. I also rented Rallisport Challenge. And all I have to say is WOW. Wait till April 1st dude. Show your wife that respect. After all, she did get you the best console system to date.

peace

shagg

:)

RudedogX
03-21-2002, 11:28 AM
Dude, it shouldn't even be a decision between Nascar and Rallisport! Nascar is nothing compared to Rallisport. Rallisport is without a doubt the BEST driving game out yet! If you are going for racing, there's no other real choice!

grandcrusader
03-21-2002, 11:33 AM
Good to hear from all you guys. I've already considered the empty box trick, luckily it's not wrapped up, so I'll already loving stroked my box.;)

No many wives would let ya stroke another box.:D

Glad to here you will have something to entertain ya in the good old granite city apart for The Dons. Normally i would give ya grief now but their in third, so ill let it slide till next season!

Have a gid bday and try no to spend to long playing with yier box!:;)

Huckleberry
03-21-2002, 11:37 AM
is there anything else I could buy for the X-Box before I play it?

if you're getting halo, you'll be wanting 3 more controllers asap. i really like all my other games for yon box, but man...once you get going on the multiplayer halo, you won't just be missing her crap eastenders show (and it IS crap). you'll be missing monty python, the simpsons, e's wild on... just about everything!

Afro Aura
03-21-2002, 02:42 PM

Hmmm, I've considered buying the Rally game, but Mr Nascar fan said I should buy NCR T...decisions...decisions...

I'll just go and see if my box is still there. Roll on April.....:)
Mate if you into NASCAR then get Thunder as Heat is rubbish, I know I bought it and got a refund the next day, but if you looking for a great driving game then get Rallisport Challenge this game is the biz and also get yourself another pad as playing Halo in cooperative play is brilliant and for RSC too:D

hehehehe there are the weak minded people out there who think that the PS2 is gonna rule the world but times are changing XBOX and the Game Cube are on the up and the grip that Sony had on the console market is loosening