PDA

View Full Version : What's your Impression of BruteForce?

Lil B
03-21-2002, 11:53 AM
I'm new here so if this is a repeat forgive me. Does anyone think Bruteforce can compete with the likes of Halo? Got my Xbox on Saturday. Simply Awesome! Wish I hadn't waited as long as I did. Of course I started with Halo, my one and only game thus far. Awesome again. Not that all I play are shooters but, graphically it seems will built. Any opposing reactions to it? This site is GREAT! Everyone has excellent opinions.

P.S.- Again this is a roookie question but, How the hell did you guys and gals get your "sign" under your name. I'm missing something somewhere. Thanks in advance?

Ninja Scroll
03-21-2002, 12:01 PM
First off welcome to the best d@mn xbox dedicated site on da net playa!:)
From this point on im Ninja Jubei, your Icon:cool:

Well im very impressed with what Brute Force has showns thus far.
The movie in the OXM's demo disc had this whole forum drooling in anticapation for this Halo threat.
AS I said in a Marrowind thread, I just hope it will live up to the hype it is about to recieve.
Cause for the past couple months the Xbox games have been a disappiontment **cough*RAW*cough**!

But im certain Brute Force will be the exception.;)

Spaztic
03-21-2002, 12:01 PM
bruteforce isn't out yet so i really can't compare! It looks like it has potential though.

go into your user cp and the option you want to change is the avatar!

Ninja Scroll
03-21-2002, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Lil B

P.S.- Again this is a roookie question but, How the hell did you guys and gals get your "sign" under your name. I'm missing something somewhere. Thanks in advance?

Go to your "user cp" and link to edit opinions. Go to signature and it's all graaavy from their! :p

GokuX
03-21-2002, 12:04 PM
I think that BF has a lot of potential to change the graphics playing field of FPS. The characters look like they're CG quality. The video I watched seemed to have a low frame rate, which was a result of the video itself or that the actual game frame rate isn't so good. Whenever there's a title like this I usually am cautious about how excited I get because it could be a major flop. Though with the way the Xbox has been surpising me, this game may very well blow me away and set a new standard for the genre.

Ninja Scroll
03-21-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
I think that BF has a lot of potential to change the graphics playing field of FPS.

Actually it's 3rd person view playa!:D

JJaX
03-21-2002, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by GokuX
Watched seemed to have a low frame rate, which was a result of the video itself or that the actual game frame rate isn't so good.

All movies on Demos are grainy and have crap for frame rates. Go onto your Halo disc and go into demos. Watch the movies on games youve played. Big difference right!

Hugh_Jass
03-21-2002, 12:31 PM
The preview movies make Brute Force look interesting but they look like pre-rendered cut scenes and not necessarily representative of in-game footage.

Brute Force isn't a game I would pre-order but I'm interested in the early reviews.

dougi3000
03-21-2002, 12:40 PM
brute force is looking great!

But i will only buy this game if it has at least 4 player co op LAN play.

otherwise i will rent it

Ninja Scroll
03-21-2002, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

All movies on Demos are grainy and have crap for frame rates. Go onto your Halo disc and go into demos. Watch the movies on games youve played. Big difference right!

My playa partner Jjax is right yo. All movies for some reason look grainy (I guess that a good word like jjax said) I think it has something to do with the video it's copied on. Looks like some VHS type of video's.
I think Microsoft and it's compo need to fix these issues with demo disc movies because in situations like this one, it can confuse the casual gamers.:)

Lil B
03-21-2002, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the fast and warm welcome guys!

DZNUTZ
03-21-2002, 02:07 PM
1st- welcome newcomer ( not that i'm an O.G. here or anything)
2nd- Ninja...raw wasn't that freaking bad...sure it didn't live up to the original hype....but itsstill pretty damn solid for a first in the games series.....remember wcw vs the world on 64?
3rd...on which OXM demo disc was a brute force preview?...i only have the last 2
4th. i am hyped about brute force....unless i start hearing horrible things about it..i'll probably buy it first then return if i don't like.

yall
03-21-2002, 03:08 PM
it looks great and i cant wait until it comes out. i dont thinks its an FPS though. I think it will be 3rd person

JJaX
03-21-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

I think it has something to do with the video it's copied on. Looks like some VHS type of video's.

I think they have a direct feed and convert what they record into like AVI's or MPEGS. Then when these movies are viewed at full screen you get sloppy framerates and grainy resolution. But im just guessing here.

Try blowing maximizing a nice avi to full screen to what i mean.

JJaX
03-21-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
2nd- Ninja...raw wasn't that freaking bad...sure it didn't live up to the original hype....but itsstill pretty damn solid for a first in the games series.....remember wcw vs the world on 64?

I actually loved RAW jsut because it brought back memorys of that N64 game. When playing the n64 version back in the day i would never imagined they would pull of a version like the xbox. They stuck with simular gameplay and it works! I dont know why so many people dislike this game. I thinks its well balaced and pans out liek real matches. I can take out most srubs under 1:30 seconds. Just work with the voltage and work your way up to your special. I customized "JJaX" aka Mr.ELITE down to every puch thrown to create a monster! Gotta love pulling off specials, Power bomb pin is the s4it!

Afro Aura
03-21-2002, 03:16 PM
Welcome Lil B
I'm not quite sure what Brute Force is gonna be but I don't think it's a FPS I think is a team based game so you can't really compare, I'm just waiting for Ghost Recon now that might give Halo a run for it money