PDA

View Full Version : James Bond AUF, worth buying next week?

studepaber
03-21-2002, 03:22 PM
I was thinking about purchasing this game next week, but after looking at reviews of the ps2 version I'm not so sure this game will be that great. Although in multiplayer bots have been included, maybe this game will also get a facelift graphically.

Xeno
03-22-2002, 12:40 PM
The single-player modes included in the Xbox interpretation of Agent Under Fire is identical to the single-player mode found in the PlayStation 2 version. The graphics for the Xbox rendition are a bit crisper and the texture legibility has been improved, but the outline of the game has remained untouched. The only addition to the gameplay are in the multiplayer modes. Players will now have the ability to add bots to the multiplayer modes to assure that four characters are playing at all times. Any combination of four; two humans two bots, three humans one bot, or one human three bots. Players will not be able to add bots if four humans are already playing. You’ll be able to set the bots to three different levels of aggression.

Jacob
03-27-2002, 11:29 AM
I am probably getting the game today or tommorrow. Most the reviews I read are giving it anywhere between a low 8 to a low 9. They saw it lacks multiplayer, but now on the xbox you have that..up to 4..which is kind of dissappointment. I heard they improve the computer AI in one player mode significantly.

Slamming J
03-27-2002, 09:13 PM
I bought it today as soon as EB got it (they just put it on the shelf when I went in).
I've only beat 3 levels (two silvers and one bronze..yes, i know, that's not that good)...but so far it's awesome! The major complaint I have is the controls. The default is really screwed/different after you have played Halo a lot. So the closest you'll get to Halo is the control #2 setting. You use the right joystick to rotate, and the left to move around. However, when you use the right joystick, it's not inverted. So if you move it up, you aim up, and down is down. When with most FPS it is inverted, so down is up, and up is down. Which I like a lot better!

So once you get used to the controls, the game is pretty sweet! I recommend it anyway! :)

khaos2005
03-27-2002, 09:22 PM
Slamming J, how is the multiplayer so far? What are the bots like and how many levels are there?

Also, how many hours would you say it is going to take to beat the missions?

Thanks.

Xtopia
03-27-2002, 11:14 PM
So you can not change to controls to inverted!!!???!!! That really ****es me off! I was going to get AUF! But just DO NOT DO defualt controls!!! You sure this is no way to chang the setting to inverted!?!:eek:

Slamming J
03-27-2002, 11:17 PM
There might be a way to make it inverted, I quickly went in and checked. I've been gone all day, so I haven't been able to play it much (which is also why I can't really answer your questions yet khaos2005). So far I haven't seen anything, but I'm going to take a much closer look tomorrow.

Jacob
03-28-2002, 08:14 AM
i got the game yesterday and i'm half way through it. you die a lot more in this game. They improved the AI difficulty. I had to quit to go the movies though. It's fun. I'm about to go play it right now.
one player - 12missions

there are like 11 or more levels (i think there is one secret one or whatever)
go to www.007.ea.com
that's the official site for the game and you can see all the levels and everything about the game. it's pretty neat.

Now Multiplayer..
it reminds me a lot of Quake 3...in the way you fight and even some what the weapons. There are so many boards...there are some interesting one. you can have only up to 4 people playing at a time ( like 3 people and 1 bot with 3 levels of difficult and agression)..the board start from the smallest (which should be able only to fit four people to which some board which i think could of fit 6-8 comfortable.

Slamming J
03-28-2002, 12:07 PM
Okay, I found it! You CAN invert the controls! :D

If you want controls just like Halo (or as close as possible), go to options...then "controller setup". Put it on "Setup 2", then go back to the options screen...there is something called "Invert Pitch", turn that ON. Now the controls are very much like halo! :)

Xtopia
03-28-2002, 05:38 PM
Cool! How similliar are the controls to that of Halo? Because I think that the setup for Halo is the perfect setup for ALL 1st person shooters.

Slamming J
03-28-2002, 09:47 PM
The biggest difference is...well, you know how in halo, if you move the gun a little in a direction, and let go, it automaticly centers on the screen? Well in AUF, it does not do that. If you move it up, it'll stay in that position until you move it back down again. Which is kind of a pain, but you get used to it after a little bit. It's nothing that wrecks the game.

Other then that, it's basically the same, and I'm loving it! Honestly, I'd much rather have a Bond title then Halo. :D

Jacob
03-28-2002, 10:21 PM
It's a good game. I'll admit. I don't think it's good as Halo...one of the things that bother me is the not continous play like in Halo. like i hate the loading..it so ****ing reminds me of playstation and playstation 2 ******...oh well

Slamming J
03-28-2002, 10:23 PM
The loading times aren't that bad. It's just really bad in the first level, that's about it. I honestly don't mind it at all.

CJmac
03-31-2002, 11:22 PM
Just rented it from Blockbuster. What a blast....even the wife sits down and gets sucked in. I don't know about the PS2 version but this d#$% game is fun.

CJmac
04-02-2002, 08:23 PM
Just rented it and had a blast. Great game.
file:///Macintosh%20HD/halo3.jpg

Slamming J
04-02-2002, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I love it! Once again, I highly recommend it! At least give it a rental if you haven't tried it already! :D

ShannonX
04-02-2002, 08:38 PM
very good game, one of the more fun games i've played on the xbox. While its nothing compared to Halo, its still a good game. I do dislike certain features, i feel that the controls are a bit touchy sometimes, especially when i'm trying to aim at something, and I also dislike auto-aim in the game. I'm used to Halo where i just shoot in the general direction and hope i hit something. =)

I'm glad i bought it, another addition to my tiny collection of a whopping 2 games now. Hahaha.

X-Factor
04-02-2002, 08:49 PM
Agent Under Fire doesn’t even compare to Halo, Half-Life, Goldeneye 007, or Perfect Dark, IMO.
http://atypically.net/smilies/jamesbond.gif

Slamming J
04-02-2002, 08:53 PM
Okay, I know this is a no brainer question, and most know the answer, but it's been bugging me for a while...what the heck does "IMO" stand for? I see it on all kinds of different messages boards and such, but have no clue what it means! :eek: