PDA

View Full Version : Stalling xbox?!

NomadLLama
03-21-2002, 10:33 PM
hey, ive seen almost everywhere about people talking about their xbox stalling. what games do this usually happen on and what do u guys usually do about it? when does it usually happen??

khaos2005
03-22-2002, 06:10 AM
It doesn't happen, ever. Period. Get realistic, would MS release a console they know "stalls"? No, of course not.

It is now seen that simple logical thinking, when applied to everyday situations, can help eliminate problems, questions, and ideas. Jellyfish can't do this. Not that I know of.

UnitedKingdom
03-22-2002, 08:06 AM
My xbox doesn't stall but it does:

crash
have trouble recognising my discs
scratch the hell out of project gotham

but apart from that its going well.

http://www.shu.ac.uk/pri/decor/small_dj.jpg

Kleen
03-22-2002, 11:15 AM
Just read my thread, What's up with all the defective games?:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8135

The stalling is very real, and very annoying. Either there have been rampant game manufacturing defects after launch, or my XBOX is defective. Starting it's third repair in 3 weeks (they never get it right). The repair center replaced the system board twice, so obviously something's wrong, only that's not it (or all of it). The problematic games (the worst NBA 2K2) behave slightly differently after the first two repairs. I've had 10+ copies of "defective" games, from 4 different stores and about four different publishers. At this point, no one is going to tell me that it's not the XBOX.

Chr0nik
03-22-2002, 11:24 AM
There seems to be 2 seperate classes of Xbox owners

Class 1: Those whose Xbox's work outstandingly

Class2: Those whose Xbox's stall,Overheat,crash,scratch disks.

Why is there no inbetween?? Either your Xbox works great, or it

is full of problems.

This seems to be quite interesting.

Spaztic
03-22-2002, 11:32 AM
My xbox stalls very rarely, I have never had a console that dosn't stall so it is normal. I noticed my xbox stalled more with games that utilize the custom soundtrack option off the harddrive. I deleted my music off the harddrive and low and behold no more stalls. I think it was the tracks not the xbox!

GokuX
03-22-2002, 12:39 PM
I can't remember any stalling on my Xbox. The only thing I notice is just the normal process of loading. I still question overheating as even an issue in the Xbox design unless a fan isn't working properly. Stalling or whatever it is sounds like an HD or CPU problem unless the Xbox reads off the CD the whole time. Maybe they'll just replace the whole shabang this time Kleen. 3rd time's the charm. Though in my own experience I've never known of any repair place that got it right the first time, or second, or third time.

Azazel
03-22-2002, 01:03 PM
Not a single xbox problem here. I had one defective copy of Madden 2002, but that had nothing to do with the xbox.

Runs like a champ. Maybe Im just lucky!

Oh but there was that one time it overheated and caught on fire! My cat is recovering well and we'll have new furniture soon.

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 01:14 PM
I thought that flames coming through the green jewel and sparks flying out of the controller ports was normal....:confused:

:rolleyes:

LynxFX
03-22-2002, 01:28 PM
Actually my Xbox stalls all the time. I guess it just isn't getting enough air speed. How fast does this thing have to go so it doesn't stall? It is a flying brick, but so is the Space Shuttle. I hate when it stalls.

Spaztic
03-22-2002, 01:31 PM
My friend actually has a controller maulfunctioning it's rumble was constantly on! his girlfriend took the controller into the bathroom and refuses to come out?! :eek: She won't let him return it for a new one!

ride
03-22-2002, 04:29 PM
I have 2 xboxen and 1 of 'em (the original one, bought one week after launch) has been to the MS repair shop twice. I just got it back this week actually (2nd time), MS tech's said I had a "bad DVD drive"

The first time it was in for it crashing ALL THE TIME and occured about 1 month after I got it.

basically, my original Xbox is exhibiting classic MS operating system behaviour.

The other one has been ok, so far.

I think it obvious that there are at least two versions of the xbox floating around. not just the HD differences, I mean the OS ROM must be different or something.

LynxFX
03-22-2002, 05:35 PM
basically, my original Xbox is exhibiting classic MS operating system behaviour

My xbox is exhibiting classic MS operating system behavior too. It runs perfectly since day 1. :rolleyes:

E-Xbox
03-22-2002, 11:32 PM
mines perfect!

GokuX
03-23-2002, 01:04 AM
Mine's in between. Not a flawless run because it crashed the 3rd day I had it, but I've not had any other problems ever since then.

Aussie_18
03-23-2002, 01:10 AM
No problems over here, mine is working great!! :cool:

GokuX
03-23-2002, 01:10 AM
Mine's in between. Not a flawless run because it crashed the 3rd day I had it, but I've not had any other problems ever since then.

xboxer2002
03-23-2002, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx

My xbox is exhibiting classic MS operating system behavior too. It runs perfectly since day 1. :rolleyes:

Dude, if you think MS's operating systems have been flawless,your sadly mistaken!!!!