PDA

View Full Version : Rpg

chili325
03-22-2002, 02:42 PM
Morrowind, Project Ego, and KOTOR, Sounds good. But, With N64 being my first system (besides game gear) I havent really played any RPG's. I realize that you take the role of someone, but what is the point of the game. How do controls work? Will someone try to explain this to me.

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 02:49 PM
Chili...I'm definately not the best to respond to this since I am also relatively new to the full fledged RPG genre...however, I understand that RPGs do a lot of exploration of a new world. Take Project Ego for example...the game is going to be HUGE and, apparently, is setting a new betchmark for the RPG genre overall.

Because I'm also not an experienced RPG gamer, and if you are interested in atleast trying one to see if you like it, I would go with Project Ego (that's what I am doing) since it is supposedly establishing a new betch mark for the RPG genre. Might as well as get the best of it's kind...that's my philosophy anyway :D

Project Ego is supposed to be for RPG genre what Halo did for the FPS genre. I guess we'll see :)

chili325
03-22-2002, 02:54 PM
Ego looks awesome. But KOTOR in the April issue of OXM looks really good to, even though im not a huge Star wars fan

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by chili325
Ego looks awesome. But KOTOR in the April issue of OXM looks really good to, even though im not a huge Star wars fan

I'm completely agree...however, I am really losing faith in Lucasarts...man, I hope they can redeem themselves with KOTOR!!

E-Vader
03-23-2002, 02:07 AM
Morrowind will be an awsome game when it comes out.

If you want to get into RPG's to find out how they are, Check out some of the proper ones (By proper ones I mean non-jap, Final Fantasy and the likes are not RPG's)<--- just my view.

Baulders Gate 1 and 2
Daiblo 1 and 2
System Shock 1 and 2 and Deus Ex (half RPG's)
Icewind Dale
Pool Of Radiance
Eye Of The Beholder 1, 2 and 3 (old but good)
Might And Magic (all of 'em)

These are just my favs.

Hugh_Jass
03-23-2002, 11:11 AM
Hmmm... I'm not sure I would classify Diablo as an RPG. It was definitely fun, though.

SNaray8442
03-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Personally, I'm looking forward to Project Ego. But KOTOR looks sweet as well.