PDA

View Full Version : Tekki going to America!!

Piccolo_DBz
03-22-2002, 03:44 PM
Tekki coming to North America?

The mech combat game from Capcom may make an appearance on North American Xboxes.

GameSpot has learned that Capcom has plans to bring its Xbox mech combat game Tekki to North America. When asked to comment on Capcom's plans for the game, a Capcom representative said, "While we haven't confirmed this title, we are heavily in support of the advancements our Japanese R&D team is making, including the expertise and talent that it takes to make a game like Japan's Tekki."
Tekki is a mech combat game in which players take control of a type of mech known as a vertical tank. The vertical tank has a variety of weapons, including a 270mm rifle and an MK21-6 twin-pod rocket launcher. As players progress through the game, they will gain access to different models of vertical tanks. Tekki will also make use of a special controller that has around 40 buttons, switches, and dials, two flight sticks, and three pedals.
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/022102/tekki/tekki_screen001.jpg
Tekki is scheduled for release in Japan this summer

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/news/0,10870,2857460,00.html
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/vgnews/022102/tekki/tekki_screen003.jpg

Hell f***in Yeah!! I'm preordering this bad boy! :cool: :D

Toder
03-22-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz
Tekki coming to North America?

The mech combat game from Capcom may make an appearance on North American Xboxes.

GameSpot has learned that Capcom has plans to bring its Xbox mech combat game Tekki to North America. When asked to comment on Capcom's plans for the game, a Capcom representative said, "While we haven't confirmed this title, we are heavily in support of the advancements our Japanese R&D team is making, including the expertise and talent that it takes to make a game like Japan's Tekki."
Tekki is a mech combat game in which players take control of a type of mech known as a vertical tank. The vertical tank has a variety of weapons, including a 270mm rifle and an MK21-6 twin-pod rocket launcher. As players progress through the game, they will gain access to different models of vertical tanks. Tekki will also make use of a special controller that has around 40 buttons, switches, and dials, two flight sticks, and three pedals.

Tekki is scheduled for release in Japan this summer

Hell f***in Yeah!! I'm preordering this bad boy! :cool: :D

OMG I can only hope this game is released over here :) :cool: :)

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 04:15 PM
The game, undoubtably, looks amazing...however, I don't know if I can justify purchasing that HUGE controller! Unless this game is on-line, I definately won't be buying it. If it's on-line, I may consider picking it up. I wonder how much that controller is, though!! :eek:

Laxeph
03-22-2002, 04:59 PM
I think that game looks sweet. I think that it would be fun to use that controller.

Spaztic
03-22-2002, 05:00 PM
Yeah that controller looks like it will spead over my entire coffee table, and since this is the only game that will probably utilize it....not worth the investment....plus my girl won't like it!

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by bryanhls
Yeah that controller looks like it will spead over my entire coffee table, and since this is the only game that will probably utilize it....not worth the investment....plus my girl won't like it!

Dude...are you honestly worried about your girl? My wife already thinks I'm the biggest dork as my eyes google when I play Halo on my HDTV! :D But, I have no pride!! I have no pride!!! hehe :D

Hugh_Jass
03-22-2002, 06:50 PM
This will be mine.

Oh yes, this will be mine.

Toder
03-22-2002, 07:32 PM
Did I mention i want this game? Think about it what would be cooler than playing this online with some fellow xba members; talking to each other on our head sets and while controlling these big beast with that masive controller.

Piccolo_DBz
03-22-2002, 08:44 PM
I really hope it is online. It's freakin coming out in October in japan so that gives it enough time for them to put in that feature. Also they should implement that headset mic. That would just freakin rule.

ALC
03-22-2002, 09:29 PM
OH YEAH! Tekki has been the game I'm most hyped about since I saw my first screenshot. Now I know I dont have to import, yaay!:D :)

GokuX
03-23-2002, 01:13 AM
beli-dat!