PDA

View Full Version : HALO weirdness ?!?

ride
03-22-2002, 03:49 PM
Anyone else seen either of these?

Rocket launcher does not fire when you have ammo.

it looks like it fires, but no rocket comes out & no explosion.
or
it looks like it fires, but no rocket come out but there IS an explosion.
or
it seems like it fires OUT TO THE SIDE, anywhere but where you had it aimed.

Grenades Disappearing

Sometimes our grenades (both kinds) just seem to kinda dissappear.

=====================================

Now to defend myself before you all lay into me....

Yes, we play ALOT of "rockets only" :-) its fun!

No, we are not too stoned. (a little maybe, ;-) but not enough for this to be imagined)

I KNOW we have ammo in the rocket launchers when this happens.

It has happened to all my friends at one time or another while we we're playing multiplayer.

It seems to happen at the same time (eg: If my R.L. misfires and you happen to be shooting yours at the same time, it will probably do it too)

The worst I have personally seen it, you got 1 shot for each "clip" the R.L. had, and stayed that way for almost the whole game.

It seems to be happening more and more.

the grenades I just dont know about, I haven't noticed a pattern or anything like the R.L. issue, and I can understand when the grenades I throw OUT OF THE MAP dissapear, but not when a plas. grenade I just threw, sits there and then just dissappears, it's really knida disturbing.

Well....? I cant be the only one....

E-Xbox
03-22-2002, 03:58 PM
what are u talking bout!?

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 04:18 PM
I know what you mean about the Rocket Launcher. For some reason, I think if you shoot the Rocket Launcher too soon he finishes reloading, that you will get some sort of a back fire or something. I've seen it about a half a dozen times.

ride
03-22-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I know what you mean about the Rocket Launcher. For some reason, I think if you shoot the Rocket Launcher too soon he finishes reloading, that you will get some sort of a back fire or something. I've seen it about a half a dozen times.

Maximus: too soon after you reload, you mean?

I'm glad I'm not the only one (I was starting to think I might be losin' it) and I'd like to try and figure out why its doing this, maybe there is a way around it.

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by ride

Maximus: too soon after you reload, you mean?

I'm glad I'm not the only one (I was starting to think I might be losin' it) and I'd like to try and figure out why its doing this, maybe there is a way around it.

Well, sometimes while loading the Rocket Launcher, as you know, you want to shoot it before you get blasted but, reloading it seemingly takes forever sometimes! :D So, if you start pulling the trigger to shoot one, it might backfire or spin off if you get overly anxious...so, just be patient for your Rocket to be in the Launcher before you shoot and you won't have any problems :)

About the hand grenades...now, that's wierd...I haven't seen that one yet...It's possible that it has happened, but, I have never noticed it.

Azazel
03-22-2002, 04:41 PM
Dont ask Maximus, he is still a rookie when it comes to Halo!

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by ty818
Dont ask Maximus, he is still a rookie when it comes to Halo!

BWAHAHAHHAHAA! If I am a rookie then, that means you are a Super Monkey Ball! BWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!

silvertrace
03-22-2002, 05:02 PM
u got any questions on HALo, u need to ask me, seeing how i'm a HALO GOD and all......hehehehehe

ride
03-22-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by silvertrace
u got any questions on HALo, u need to ask me, seeing how i'm a HALO GOD and all......hehehehehe

mmmmmmmmmmkayyy

silvertrace
03-22-2002, 05:15 PM
do i detect sarcasm?.......u only need to go against me to realize i'm ur superior........message me @ gamespy if u wanna see how HALO is played..................

Spaztic
03-22-2002, 05:16 PM
Haven't really noticed that with the rocket launcher....Granted I don't like it much so I don't use it! I have noticed me dropping a weapon or vehicle and I come back and its gone!

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 05:21 PM
do i detect sarcasm?.......u only need to go against me to realize i'm ur superior........message me @ gamespy if u wanna see how HALO is played..................

Oh, come on now, Sliver!! You're good, but, you can't hold water to Maximus!!! :D hehe

Man, I really wish you weren't on the East Coast...When we play, there tends to be some lag...bummer, dude. We need to find someone to host a game that has a T1! That would be nice! :)

silvertrace
03-22-2002, 05:22 PM
u can't be serious.......i'm the greatest......u hafta realize this and from there u can strive to be 2nd.......... :)

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 05:34 PM
u can't be serious.......i'm the greatest......u hafta realize this and from there u can strive to be 2nd.......... :)

Let me mull over what you said here...just for a moment:

BWHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA!!! You weren't saying that when I was looking down on you in the pool of your own blood!!! BWAHAHAHAHHAHAA!!! :D

silvertrace
03-22-2002, 05:37 PM
if i remember correctly, and i always do.....u quit on me when i was draggin ur asss up and down hang em high......or did all my head shots fu*k up ur memory?............haha.......no need to make excuses.....ur not the first victim.....NOR WILL HE BE THE LAST.......:eek:

l Maximus l
03-22-2002, 05:41 PM
if i remember correctly, and i always do.....u quit on me when i was draggin ur asss up and down hang em high......or did all my head shots fu*k up ur memory?............haha.......no need to make excuses.....ur not the first victim.....NOR WILL HE BE THE LAST.......:eek:

Just so you know, the only time I ever quit is because of a very laggy connection. I don't recall getting wasted on Hang Em High...being one of my flagship levels and all :D

My favorite levels are:

Hang Em High
Chill Out
Rat Race
Derelict
Boarding Action
Prisoner

Sometimes I will play Gulch or Sidewinder....However, only if there are a lot of people.

silvertrace
03-22-2002, 05:43 PM
its cool max.....no need to get in a hissy.......its just a game......(a game that i happen to be better at).........anytime, anyplace.....just bring tissues.....i hate to see a grown man cry....:(

melon
03-23-2002, 02:46 AM
i never had any of those problems and i play the game all the time, i had it since it came out..