PDA

View Full Version : Official Blood Omen 2 Thread

Calve
03-23-2002, 12:31 AM
Hey if you guys have Blood Omen 2 Review it!!!!!!! Ive been waiting on a fan review for the last day!!!!!!!!

please review if you have played the game i'd appreciate it!!THX :)

Skarp
03-23-2002, 02:11 AM
I rented the game tonight, I only went through the tutorial and stuff so I can't explain to you much about the actual gameplay. But the graphics are amazing and the gameplay seems pretty good. But I'll I know is I played for about 2 hours and killing people hasn't even started to get old. It gets better all the time.

wweomaniac
03-23-2002, 06:22 PM
I don't think I should review because i only played it for less than an hour at me friends house. I thought it really sucked however. A lot of ppl think its good, but I don't like melee attacking games.... id rather use guns/ missiles. And the constant sucking of blood scenes are annoying and repetitive.

Woocifer
03-23-2002, 06:38 PM
I'll give a quick review. I played it for a little while today after I bought it.

Gameplay: It's okay. That's about all you could say about this game. I mean its a normal tomb raider type run and do a few puzzles fight a few things till the next cut scene kind of game. But the movement in BO2 is kinda mechanical, seems like you are struggling with Kain at times. It can be fun to grab peopel and wring them around by their neck, smash their crotches with a weapon or sink a blade into their chests. But it gets tired quickly. It is a lock on system that is very slow moving. Even Kain's running is somewhat slow.

Graphics: Sub par. Personally I don't think they are that great. The textures seem a little washed out, the cinematics are HORRIBLE for cinematic quality we've seen in other games. If there are cinematics for a few minutes, make them look good so we don't get fed up. Oh yeah you can't skip the scenes...sucks...graphics are basic, no special wet your pants here. Actually after picking up Rallisport, its gunna take a little while to accept anything that doesnt look real hahaa ;) Anyway the graphics are passable, but nothing amazing.

Sound: Sound is amazing...we all knew that. Great voice acting...I found though that the front channels become really quiet for the voices in the game and the surrounding fx take over. Sounds great though.

Overall: This game is all right. It has some cool things happening in it, but I just found it to run too long, lack any kind of consistancy and got really tired too soon :( I love these games, but I've just grown bored with the idea of run, kill, puzzle, run, kill, puzzle. I can actually admit that I enjoyed the first Kain game on the playstation more than I did this one. Rent it first to see if you can take it's tedium. If you don't think its tedious at all, then buy it...its only 6 bucks to check to see if you want to waste or invest 50 right? or more so if yer Canadian like me.

Anyways, the game tired me out early into it. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

Hope this helps :)

taabu
03-23-2002, 08:15 PM
Hey did you get to the Den? How do you get passed it? Its driving me crazy!!! UgHHhHHh need help! What am i doing wrong? Please help!

Woocifer
03-24-2002, 01:23 AM
Yeah I'm the prick apparently because I wrote a review for you. Sorry about that!

Go ahead prominant... you're the man with the big balls and I'm just the little cupcake......

thunderkiss2k1
03-24-2002, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Yeah I'm the prick apparently because I wrote a review for you. Sorry about that!

Go ahead prominant... you're the man with the big balls and I'm just the little cupcake......

Woocifer, yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But do us a favor: don't state your opinion as if it were gospel. Just because YOU don't think the graphics are good, does not automatically make them bad. And Calve: IN MY OPINION, and in the opinion of a lot of other folks, its a good game, but you will have to rent it and decide for yourself.

Woocifer
03-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1

Woocifer, yes, you are entitled to your opinion. But do us a favor: don't state your opinion as if it were gospel. Just because YOU don't think the graphics are good, does not automatically make them bad. And Calve: IN MY OPINION, and in the opinion of a lot of other folks, its a good game, but you will have to rent it and decide for yourself.

I am sorry if the way that I say things threatens or offends your own personal taste. I do not preach nor do I believe that my words are the be all and end all. I gave insight and opinions on what the game was. In fact the funny thing is I was the only person who bothered to post a review on this thread and was just trying to state what I thought the game was like...which in fact was what the person asked for. And I said PERSONALLY I did not like the graphics. I don't know how more I could state that this is my own personal opinion.

I know you like this game...instead of *****ing about me, why not write a different review? The graphics in this game are not that great. In comparrison with other releases as of late, this game has fair graphics, but they aren't brilliant. Others can toot their horns saying that this game rules. I chose not to. Get over it.

Anyway I said to the guy to at least rent it and see how he likes it, so no damage done.

Calve
03-24-2002, 02:23 PM
ya ill take your advice Thunderkiss2k1, this weekend im gonna rent the game!!!!! BTW: thanks for the review Woocifer!!! Cya :)

El Pollo Loco
03-24-2002, 09:27 PM
Okay I wish I could describe this better.. but I have shaken baby syndrome :P

I'm stuck on chapter 3 in the warehouse that has the elevator and the box u can move around and on to it. Ive climed up the ladder to the second level, and killed 2 guys but I cant figure out what the hell I'm supposed to do. Heeeeelp! ehehhee

El Pollo Loco
03-24-2002, 09:35 PM
Personally I think that BO2 is one helluva game. I don't think someone can say the *** isnt good after only 1 hour. The story line really starts to unfold as u keep going... albeit somewhat slowly.

TRUE_GAMER
03-24-2002, 10:59 PM
I think this this game is a very good game. I'm already on chapter 6 and have beaten 3 vampires. I can't want to get off work. I'm gonna be up all night.

Woocifer
03-24-2002, 11:16 PM
Nobody wrote a review after one hour...and the guy said he shouldn't write a review for it, but the hour that he played at his friends house seemed not good.

prominant mentioned the one hour remark when he was rebutting my review, but may have been mistaken when he said it. Though he called someone a b i t c h, probably me, he was talking about what wwfomaniac said.

You know this is gettin tired anyway hahah better off just to rent it and find out yourselves...

Skarp
03-25-2002, 03:40 AM
I've only played the game for about 2-3 hours but it appears to me to be way to linear. I recall the old blood omen for PS1 and although it was somewhat linear in your objectives you could go many places and roam around. In Blood Omen 2 it seems you just go straight from place to place. I've only played for a little bit though and I was wondering if the game opens up at all, like an RPG or if it just stays the way it is at the beginning. Can anyone help?

BORNGD
03-25-2002, 09:52 AM
the more i play it, the more i like it...the puzzles are perfect difficulty and the game is just plain fun

DOOM
03-25-2002, 09:50 PM
Man, This Game Is Great!!! I Recomend This Game Very MuChO!!!
I Cant Put Down The Freaking Controller... At My Game Shop I Play Whenever I Get Some Free Time... Sold Out Three Times Allready Just From People Watching Me Play!!!
Me Is A HaPPy XBOXER!!!:D

xboxman_1
03-25-2002, 10:07 PM
Well, now that I've gotten a bit farther, I have found that this game is awesome. I disagree w/ Woocifer, but hey, to each his own. In my opinion, this is better than Gunvalkyrie(yes I have played a few hours of GV), considering I don't like anime, and that game ois way too anime looking. Anyway, BO2 is a great game, the stealth kills are definetly something to show off to your friends. And about BO2 being linear, it isn't an RPG, what do you want it to do? Do you want him to be able to magically wander around Nosgoth, totally disregarding the puzzle and storyline aspects? You probably don't wanna show this one to your mom though, after all, you have to be constantly sucking blood from dead people to stay alive, and it can be pretty gruesome. (Unless you have a cool mom unlike mine that likes video games.) My only, and only gripe about this game is the way people's head' can magically go into a wall, like an old N64 game. It's really annoying, because after you've almost killed someone, they crawl away, and then their head magically goes into a wall. Then, once you go to grab their weapon, you find that it has also teleported into the wall. In other words, its got a bad collision angines. My two cents.

Kilik
03-25-2002, 10:20 PM
I like this game also but there is a couple of things I wish they
would have done.I hate when your fighting and the enemy falls
to the ground and Kain just stands there. I mean if I had my enemy on the ground I would finish him off not let him get up to
take a couple swings at me.Another thing is when things go through walls thats just lazy programing. BUT over all I like this
game alot very good lip syncing.

DOOM
03-25-2002, 10:39 PM
Try Walking Up To Them When They Fall And Kicking/ Stabing them, Works wonders... Better Yet, Just Pick Em Up By The Neck & Decapatate Them...
Simple!!!
This Game Is FreAkiNg HUGE!!!!!!

TRUE_GAMER
03-25-2002, 11:44 PM
This game is amazing I love that some times you have to think of a way to get to the next part. I have beat the first three vampires and I can't wait to fight the next one.

xboxman_1
03-26-2002, 06:24 PM
How do you beat the third vampire? I'm tryin to beat him, but everytime I hit him to a certain spot he gets up and runs around to room, which makes this lightning fly and even though nothing is hitting me, I die very quickly. What do you do?

azmodan
03-26-2002, 07:13 PM
hey someone help me im at the part where i rescure uma and i go thru there talk to her and i gotta find a glyph switch to shut off the thing so ic an go thru but the only switch if i flip it it turns off that place to uma but shuts the doorway off sum1 help me plz cya

thunderkiss2k1
03-26-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by azmodan
hey someone help me im at the part where i rescure uma and i go thru there talk to her and i gotta find a glyph switch to shut off the thing so ic an go thru but the only switch if i flip it it turns off that place to uma but shuts the doorway off sum1 help me plz cya

Azmodan, go ahead and flip the switch to turn off the field in front, enter the room and look for the statue on the right as you enter the building and pull it away from the wall. This causes a section of the wall on the side that Uma is on to slide down.

xboxman_1
03-26-2002, 08:46 PM
Well, about 5 minutes after I posted asking for help, I figured it out, so nm, no one needs to help me w/ that last part. However, in the next level (Canyons), those new spiders you meet are pretty cool, but really hard to beat. Well, ogtta get back to my game...

03-27-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by xboxman_1
Well, about 5 minutes after I posted asking for help, I figured it out, so nm, no one needs to help me w/ that last part.

Congrats man, but how did you beat the 3rd part of the fight when he's trying to break the stone? I've been trying for a long time and I can only seem to get a hit or two when he jumps up on the platform and it doesn't take that much health from him. At that rate I'll be playing forever...
could you help me out?

azmodan
03-28-2002, 11:21 AM
hey gues just go on the platform that the stone is on and charm the operator and the other vampire will be down below you and when u pull the switch as the operator steamw ill fill where the other vamp is and he'll jump up on the platform next to you then just beat the crap outta him :P

03-28-2002, 03:21 PM
thanks dude i just beat him:D

03-30-2002, 08:41 AM
hey i got another quick question...
in chapter 11 how do you get past the water part where there's the movable box and the worker you can charm? is it a matter of jumping across quickly before the water gets there, or moving the box to a specific place? ...or neither?

03-30-2002, 12:05 PM
nevermind guys i just figured it out

xboxman_1
03-30-2002, 09:39 PM
Haven't had much time to play, so I'm only on Chapter 8, so I couldn't have helped you anyway, but gj on beating the third vampire!

Halo Evolved
03-31-2002, 01:44 AM
I just beat the game and I am quite pleased with the overall presentation the game gave me while playing it. The "Dark Gifts" are all pretty cool and the bosses were not too much of a challenge...the last guy is actually quite easy when you learn what to do....I had a little problem trying out various methods on actually damaging him without going online to read up on battle hints. Blood Omen ][ was a great game, mist stealth kills rocked and Kain sucking blood from a few feet away is quite the spectacle to behold.

azmodan
04-02-2002, 12:45 PM
hey yo i just beat this game and its awesome but i think its just not right how they cut it off and hopefully there will b a blood omen 3 :P