PDA

View Full Version : Suggest a game for me after I return BOmen2

Woocifer
03-23-2002, 06:24 PM
Yeah, I bought Blood Omen 2 today...but I have to say it, I got kinda bored. It's very subtle and quiet and really lacks a fluid experience.

It feels like you are stuggling with Kain to make him do certain moves. The graphics are pretty low standard...and it looks like another fuzzy port from a PS2 game.

I think I'm gunna take it back tomorrow, any suggestions on what game I should get?

I was thinkin Gunvalkyrie or maybe 007....I dont really want to pick up THPS3 because I'm just THPS'd out hehehe

Woocifer
03-23-2002, 06:43 PM
You certainly told me.

I don't even know why you wasted your time replying. Thanks.

Plewis
03-23-2002, 06:56 PM
try jsrf. I love that game

wweomaniac
03-23-2002, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer
Yeah, I bought Blood Omen 2 today...but I have to say it, I got kinda bored. It's very subtle and quiet and really lacks a fluid experience.

It feels like you are stuggling with Kain to make him do certain moves. The graphics are pretty low standard...and it looks like another fuzzy port from a PS2 game.

I think I'm gunna take it back tomorrow, any suggestions on what game I should get?

I was thinkin Gunvalkyrie or maybe 007....I dont really want to pick up THPS3 because I'm just THPS'd out hehehe

Prominant is a dumbazz. I agree with you that Blood Omen sucks. Its nothing new and lacks fun. melee attacking gets too boring and the repetition of blood sucking is annoying. Graphics aren't grerat nor is the any part of the game. GRAPHICS SUCK!!!

Well... yesterday, I bought Gunvalkyrie and my friends bought Blood Omen 2. So thats how I know BO2 sucks. However, GUNVALKYRIE is an amazing game. Read my review. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. 100% sure you won't be disappointed. the game is action packed and don't worry about the controls. After about one hour (or maybe 2 hours if you are not as adaptive as me), you will learn and master the controls.

READ MY REVIEW @ http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/product.php?Product_ID=109

and if you have any quesitons about the game.... just ask me!!!

GET GUNVALKYRIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST GRAPHICS EVER!!!

also read ign's GUNVALKYRIE review... here's he graphics part of their review: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/355/355704p2.html

Woocifer
03-23-2002, 06:59 PM
Hey plewis,

Yeah I rented that game...I could have sworn we've battled over that one before hahah It was all right, but I'm not sure if I was interested enough to get it. I'll keep it in mind though, thanks.

wweomaniac
03-23-2002, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
try jsrf. I love that game

I thought that JSRF was too easy. If you think that THPS3 is too easy or boring (which it isn't)... then JSRF would be even a worse choice for you. You don't need to balance while grinding and there aren't all the extras that you can get THpS3... like tones of secret chars, secret levels.... there are a few however.

Woocifer
03-23-2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac

Prominant is a dumbazz. I agree with you that Blood Omen sucks. Its nothing new and lacks fun. melee attacking gets too boring and the repetition of blood sucking is annoying. Graphics aren't grerat nor is the any part of the game. GRAPHICS SUCK!!!

Well... yesterday, I bought Gunvalkyrie and my friends bought Blood Omen 2. So thats how I know BO2 sucks. However, GUNVALKYRIE is an amazing game. Read my review. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. 100% sure you won't be disappointed. the game is action packed and don't worry about the controls. After about one hour (or maybe 2 hours if you are not as adaptive as me), you will learn and master the controls.

also read ign's GUNVALKYRIE review... here's he graphics part of their review: http://xbox.ign.com/articles/355/355704p2.html

Thanks WWFomaniac :) I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this game. And you're right it is probably about the controls. Personally I can catch on rather quickly with controls for games so I wouldn't be too intimidated by it. What my major concern with the game is how short it lasts. I hear there are 15 levels. And considering its a lot of action, I expect the levels to go pretty quickly. If you could, let me know the average length you could expect a level to be...I dont want to say tell me how long the game is cuz I dont expect you to have it beat yet, but I beat Wreckless rather quickly...like within 4 days so I was annoyed at that.

I was looking at Gunvalkyrie, and decided on Kain because of the length of the game. Kinda regretting it, but I also had the idea that since the demo for Gunvalkyrie will be on the next OXM demo disc, I could wait till then and get it used probably.

Anyways thanks for the info! :)

Afro Aura
03-23-2002, 07:49 PM

I thought that JSRF was too easy. If you think that THPS3 is too easy or boring (which it isn't)... then JSRF would be even a worse choice for you. You don't need to balance while grinding and there aren't all the extras that you can get THpS3... like tones of secret chars, secret levels.... there are a few however.
WHAT!!!!! JSRF easy no way mate I'm still stuck on chapter 4 with the immortals graffiti I have to tag over and its so D@MN hard

PS if it's so easy give me some tips as I don't know how to get to the top of those skyscapers it's really annoying I've stopped playing it for a bit just to get my head back into gear

xboxman_1
03-23-2002, 08:21 PM
Ya, I was debating over BO2 or GV as well. I chose BO2, but I'm also having second thoughts. The environments of the demo of GV I played at Best Buy looked very silly, but ity did look very cool. (The magical spore things and blue moss stuff on the canyon walls was silly enough for me.) BO2 it ok so far, as I'm only in the second level, but it's just not very exciting. The first level is the most tedious of any game I've ever played, so anyone who is judging the game based on the first level is unreliable. It picks up a lot after that, but it's still not fast enough, as there are too many cut scenes. GV had this appeal to it; I thought it was pretty cool the way you can do all those flips and boosts in the air. And blasting giant bugs has always been fun. But alas, I'm $15 short of getting both, so I'll have to stick w/ BO2 and save my money for Ghost Recon this May.

thunderkiss2k1
03-23-2002, 08:42 PM

First of all, blood omen 2 does not suck. It has great graphics and gameplay. You just have no taste in games.

wweomaniac
03-23-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1

First of all, blood omen 2 does not suck. It has great graphics and gameplay. You just have no taste in games.

gawd... please don't say I have no taste in games... Thats so lame. I have different tastes in games, and I have my own opinions. IN my opinion, BO2 sucked. Thats my opinion... Don't say that my opinion doesn't count.

Don't speak.

wweomaniac
03-23-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer

Thanks WWFomaniac :) I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this game. And you're right it is probably about the controls. Personally I can catch on rather quickly with controls for games so I wouldn't be too intimidated by it. What my major concern with the game is how short it lasts. I hear there are 15 levels. And considering its a lot of action, I expect the levels to go pretty quickly. If you could, let me know the average length you could expect a level to be...I dont want to say tell me how long the game is cuz I dont expect you to have it beat yet, but I beat Wreckless rather quickly...like within 4 days so I was annoyed at that.

I was looking at Gunvalkyrie, and decided on Kain because of the length of the game. Kinda regretting it, but I also had the idea that since the demo for Gunvalkyrie will be on the next OXM demo disc, I could wait till then and get it used probably.

Anyways thanks for the info! :)

Well.... It has taken me 2 hours to beat the first boss (thats after 4 missions)... I know this because it records the amount of time youve spent on the game :)

I thought that there were more than 15 missions involved in the game. Maybe there are 15 bosses...

"Battle through 10 massive levels filled with creatures attacking from every angle."

so 10 levels.... I am assuming that there are ten bosses. 10 levels would seem too short. But 10 bosses seems like a lot. hmm.... Well maybe levels means settings... since I've been a Valley1 setting, valley 2 setting, civilian1 setting, and civilian2 setting so far.

Even if you may beat this game quickly.... this game is about improving. You get points affter beating a level. The amount of points you get depends on your # of kills, your technique, your time, and if you got a core. These points go towards new and better equipment (jet fuel, guns... etc). there are also 2 characters to use... so... thats could add to some more fun.

Woocifer
03-24-2002, 01:12 AM
WWFomaniac... yeah I read that the game has 10 levels and 5 bosses...personally, though I bet the game is really fun and it looks really cool, I won't want to spend the money on it just because I've lost that improving on a game kinda mindset. I've done it before with other games, and you just have to get into it enough to want that... I personally am not looking for that. I'll just wait till the demo comes out for Gunvalkyrie on the OXM disc since I have a subscription, I know I'll get it :)

I'm thinkin maybe I'll just tell em to take BO2 back and put it against an order for Morrowind. That game looks interesting.

But just to add to my post.... I'm really getting super ****in sick of these forums. I'm trying to put in a little balance so that there isn't any idiot fanboyism. It's bound to happen anyway but I'm getting really sick of it...to the point where I just don't want to bother with most of the people on here anymore. I posted a simple kind question and replied kindly to those who gave me informative answers. Sure you can be excited about a game, but I'm getting fed up with people who just chew people out for explaining why they think a game is not good.

You'll find a lot of this steadfast one sidedness in subjects as music, politics, religion, etc... which leads me to believe that most of the people on here are lined up to be perfect mindless adults in their coming years. To those who get insulted from that, I hope you deserved it. To those that don't believe you are part of that remark, I hope you aren't. I can't sit here and name names...I don't want to. What I want is for people to smarten the **** up and give some background, some evidence on WHY they say things instead of just YO ITS MAD HYPE COOL, THIS GAME IS WICKED CUZ ITS COOL.... and if you're a dork, and don't want to think for yourself, then you can't speak for yourself either. Shut up, we don't care.

I don't like a lot of games because I look at the quality and the gameplay and decide upon things that I find uninteresting, unenjoyable, and seemingly cash cow programming just to make a buck off of a license or branch. If that's the way I see it, and I explain myself...come back with a proper retort. Not a response that says, 'I'm a dumbass, that game is cool, you're just a ****in idiot'. It gets in the way of what I am asking...in fact the question was never addressed to you because you responded with an answer that I never asked for. Be yourself, by yourself, get the **** away from me because it makes no difference how much you throw your weight around. I'm going to be the same grizzled, cynical and negative person I will always be. And it's funny, I'm that way because of the sideways, gutless and pointless remarks made about people with nuts who stand up and say nah, I don't like this just because my favorite song is on the soundtrack. I don't like it because in my opinion, with certain reasons, this game doesn't do it for me, in fact it aggrivates me and makes me wish I had spent my cash on something else.

It's okay to dislike something as much as it is to like something.

Are there actually others around here that will talk normally, give reasons, have a normal conversation and not spill their sugar coated hate onto people who think for themselves and speak a concious and prolific point?

darianX
03-24-2002, 02:27 AM
I'm kinda glad I didn't pick up BO2 the other night...seen more than a few negative things about it. I wasn't excited about seeing it anyway...but...I am glad I have Gunvalkyrie. That game is somethin'. Not only are the controls a bit off the beaten path, it takes a regular 3rd person action/platformer and turns it into something special I think. The jet pack really dictates the gameplay...if you can master hanging in the air for infinate amounts of time, you'll kick a$$. If not, you'll probably get taken to the cleaners :D I saw someone say earlier in this post it took them 2 hours to beat the first boss...I can believe it easily. It took almost 45 minutes to figure out where and when to hit the thing! Then right after that, it beats you over the head with a time limited mission...one that has huge levels...most straight down a pipe. I'm tellin ya, that game is great.

Hope this helps...I'd just ignore the idiots and children when they speak although it's hard sometimes....:)

Woocifer
03-24-2002, 02:30 AM
Thank you DarianX :)

The game looks really interesting to say the least. I am definitely going to check it out, just not sure when...I tried to rent it this weekend but Blockbuster only had one copy and it was out...bastards :)

Yeah it is hard sometimes to ignore all the crap slung...but the idea that what I asked kindly was jumped upon, and its an example I find everywhere on these forums. I just wanted people to give me some input, not insults and why I suck...I know why I suck :)