PDA

View Full Version : *new* PROJECT EGO rumor??

wweomaniac
03-23-2002, 10:03 PM
k... here's the deal.. planetxbox.com has just updated their release dates for xbox games.. You can see them here: http://www.planetxbox.com/games2/release/

but just hold on...

why does it say Project Ego is going to be released in Q2 2003?? I'll be dead when that date comes around.

Also.. Why does it also claim that Microsoft is publishing the game?

Link to PE profile at PX: http://www.planetxbox.com/games2/3159.shtml

Hugh_Jass
03-23-2002, 10:38 PM
I did a quick search on the net and see that the publisher has been listed as TBA, Lionhead Studios, and Microsoft in multiple places. Of the three, I believe Microsoft is probably accurate.

The release date slipping six months isn't exactly surprising.

gula
03-23-2002, 11:00 PM
Well we do have Peter Molynux(I forget his last name now), which is the maker of Black and White. And he has a history of delaying games.

Piccolo_DBz
03-23-2002, 11:02 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if it is published by ms and delayed. What there putting in this game is gonna take time to test and develop.

JADE8704
03-24-2002, 12:28 AM
that would be fine with me if they push it back..just as long as they don't RUSH the game into being crap-tastic...to tell u the truth, ego was the only game that REALLY sparked my interest when i first bought the xbox...i hope they won't screw it up :confused:

Stncold
03-24-2002, 12:43 AM
i think everyone overlooked a game that should be coming out real soon that may be better than this game, its called MORROWIND that game looks like its gonna kick some major ass, i dunno why no one ever talks about it.

Woocifer
03-24-2002, 01:21 AM
I think the reason why everyone talks about Ego instead of Morrowind, even though there has been a lot of talk about that game, is because Ego is supposed to be like Morrowind and a whole lot more. Not only is it supposed to be totally open ended, but it adds the idea of time into the equation as well. And even more so, time having an effect of everything in the world.

How many games do you get to grow old and die in....I'm just curious. I'm also curious to see how they handle the time in Ego, whether it will be extremely accelerated. Maybe like a weeks time on the xbox is worth a year in the Ego world.

Anyway, that's why Ego is so big...the idea of time having a direct effect on and open ended RPG is why it's such a cool idea.

wweomaniac
03-24-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
I think the reason why everyone talks about Ego instead of Morrowind, even though there has been a lot of talk about that game, is because Ego is supposed to be like Morrowind and a whole lot more. Not only is it supposed to be totally open ended, but it adds the idea of time into the equation as well. And even more so, time having an effect of everything in the world.

How many games do you get to grow old and die in....I'm just curious. I'm also curious to see how they handle the time in Ego, whether it will be extremely accelerated. Maybe like a weeks time on the xbox is worth a year in the Ego world.

Anyway, that's why Ego is so big...the idea of time having a direct effect on and open ended RPG is why it's such a cool idea.

Exactly, thats why the Sims got so good. After a while, you could adopt children.. improve your house... etc. The only difference with the SIms is that you are not confined to your house and there is a world to be explored.