PDA

View Full Version : Xbox2? Wtf



Whisper
03-24-2002, 12:36 AM
Ok, on the main page the newsbit, about XBOX2 ... tell me this is an early April Fools Joke... dam... I cant handle this... it better be a cheap Upgrade, already a couple of my freinds want to jump to PS2 and sell their XBOXES... dam... whats going on

E-Xbox
03-24-2002, 12:46 AM
yo

dont worry
it wont be out for atleast 3 years

Joemafia69
03-24-2002, 01:05 AM
HAHAHA, that is funny. I just joined this forum tonight and I have read about people bashing sony for already having started working on the initial DESIGNS of the CELL processor for the PS3 and how sony has now faith in there product because they are already talking about upgrading blah blah blah... AND HERE COMES MICROSOFT with rumors of an XBOX 2? WTF, it hasn't even been 6 MONTHS since the dang x box came out and it is already planned on being replaced... my friends, my i introduce you to planned obsolescence. and, oh wait, microsoft comes out with a new windows just about every year... think they might be leading the pack in it.... so do i. Face it, it doesn't matter what you have, tomorrow there will be something new. Oh, and one more thing i have seen, some people need to lighten up, i am sure people have you heard the old saying "it is just a game" but come on, it is just a gaming system...... lives... learn to live them

HAHA, funny stuff. later

ecco
03-24-2002, 02:43 AM
Playstation 3 was in the making/works as Playstation 2 was launching. It takes a lot of planning and work to make a gaming console, so don't be suprised that they're working on Xbox 2 so soon.

Hugh_Jass
03-24-2002, 10:38 AM
It's not like the XBOX hardware team goes on vacation for the next five years until they decide it's time for an upgrade. I think it's great that they've begun some preliminary designs for the next generation. That's the behavior of market leaders.

DIGITAL
03-24-2002, 11:07 AM
i trhink its cool that microsoft is allready planning for the xbox 2,cause when ps3 comes out in like 2005 or 2006 its gonna be a lot better then xbox,an microsoft wants to stay in the market so there gonna come out with xbox 2 which is proably gonna be better then the ps3,at first i was ****ed cause ive all ready spent way over $1000 bucks on my xbox,but in another 3 or 4 years ill have plenty of cash to dump into a new system

Kilik
03-24-2002, 11:53 AM
There is no need for panic yet,I mean why would micro soft not
be planing for the future? The xbox being the most powerful gam
ing system in the world will not always be so if they don't plan
for the future. The gaming Biz is very cut throat and any sighn
of slacking in support will mean the end of the system(Dreamcast). I think the Xbox will still have legs for a few years
to come.

egg
03-24-2002, 03:12 PM
OK.. kids You can only look at this one way and one way only!!! If M$ is planning on a XBOX2 then they think they will be around for a long time... and isnt that what all your little console wars are all about...worried about it your system is going to be around to entertain you... So rejoyce my little addicts..we are here to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snoopy7548
03-24-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Joemafia69
HAHAHA, that is funny. I just joined this forum tonight and I have read about people bashing sony for already having started working on the initial DESIGNS of the CELL processor for the PS3 and how sony has now faith in there product because they are already talking about upgrading blah blah blah... AND HERE COMES MICROSOFT with rumors of an XBOX 2? WTF, it hasn't even been 6 MONTHS since the dang x box came out and it is already planned on being replaced... my friends, my i introduce you to planned obsolescence. and, oh wait, microsoft comes out with a new windows just about every year... think they might be leading the pack in it.... so do i. Face it, it doesn't matter what you have, tomorrow there will be something new. Oh, and one more thing i have seen, some people need to lighten up, i am sure people have you heard the old saying "it is just a game" but come on, it is just a gaming system...... lives... learn to live them

HAHA, funny stuff. later

well, maybe microsoft is just planning ahead, which is a really good thing to do when youre in the videogame industry, and especially when youre new to it. you wouldnt want a company taking like 1 year to plan out a new console, microsoft is taking like at least a few years to plan their new one, which will make it alot better.:D

GRAVEDIGGER
03-24-2002, 04:32 PM
Hmm..if your wondering what the 6Ps' on my subject is well here it is...PROPER PLANNING PREVENTS **** POOR PERFORMANCE!

IMO its definately a good thing that Microsoft is planning ahead, because look at Sony they didnt plan ahaead because they didnt expect things to move in this direction, and well the final example would be Dreamcast..they certainly didnt plan well enough to even survive and at times compete with the competiion.

So all i say is, more power to B-Gates and Microsoft for plannaing ahead:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Snoopy7548
03-24-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
because look at Sony they didnt plan ahaead because they didnt expect things to move in this direction

yea, their system was so rushed, it really hurt the sales when they didnt have enough consoles at launch.

NomadLLama
03-25-2002, 12:33 AM
don't worry man. xbox was built for the future as well as today. as of now, i have not seen any game developers even come close to using xbox's realy power. same goes for the PC with their GeForce3. the GeForce3 is already a year old, and yet no one can fully utilize its power.

"xbox2" (stupid name) will not be out for at least 4.5 years. PS3 still has to come out, about 2005-6 and then microsoft will take a look at it, then unleash their weapon, killing Sony once again, and reigning as king as its predecessor.

GokuX
03-25-2002, 02:33 AM
Sony in effect becomes the Sega of the gaming industry in that they release their system first before anyone, then it is overpowered by newer systems. They become that which they hate most and thus destroyed. Ironic. Well, they actually make alot of money unlike Sega so they go and mess up the whole irony. Oh well. :cool:

Skarp
03-25-2002, 04:35 AM
HAHAHA, that is funny. I just joined this forum tonight and I have read about people bashing sony for already having started working on the initial DESIGNS of the CELL processor for the PS3 and how sony has now faith in there product because they are already talking about upgrading blah blah blah... AND HERE COMES MICROSOFT with rumors of an XBOX 2? WTF, it hasn't even been 6 MONTHS since the dang x box came out and it is already planned on being replaced... my friends, my i introduce you to planned obsolescence. and, oh wait, microsoft comes out with a new windows just about every year... think they might be leading the pack in it.... so do i. Face it, it doesn't matter what you have, tomorrow there will be something new. Oh, and one more thing i have seen, some people need to lighten up, i am sure people have you heard the old saying "it is just a game" but come on, it is just a gaming system...... lives... learn to live them

HAHA, funny stuff. later


Yeah I think your right....Microsoft should just not think about xbox2 at all and in three years from now say to themselves, ok I think its time to make a new system, and then take 3 more years to build it. I have never seen such an accurate statement before. Please keep posting on our boards..........
:rolleyes:

JJaX
03-25-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
It's not like the XBOX hardware team goes on vacation for the next five years until they decide it's time for an upgrade. I think it's great that they've begun some preliminary designs for the next generation. That's the behavior of market leaders.

I dont see why theres still responses to this thread after this was said, HUGH_Jass hit it on the mark. Its common sense people. Im sure when the pentuim chip was released the pentuim II chip was probaly already done. Its just how technology works.