PDA

View Full Version : I need some good reason why I should buy an X-Box

Silent85
03-24-2002, 12:28 PM
:cool: Hi there I am in the middle of choosing a second console to make a parner for my wonderful ps2 Now Wait a sec:o I am exspecting insults because I like sony's console but I wanna know some reason why I should buy the x-box over a gamecube From people who have a x-box themselves also I would like the downsides to the console aswell please

heartsxcarved
03-24-2002, 12:39 PM
Im not going to argue with anyone, or tell you to get one console.. But think about this for a minute.. you asked either xbox or gamecube? come on now, what do you think.

Twisted J
03-24-2002, 12:54 PM
well, coming to this site for advice was a dumb idea cuz everyone here is biest.

heres what to do, think of games you like, then see which system they are coming out on, chosing a system is not a hard mission....

AlBoogy
03-24-2002, 01:11 PM
He is asking for reasons why he should buy an XBox. He isn't asking which one he should get. There's a difference.

Reasons to get XBox:
1. Advanced technology over the other choice.
2. Built in hard drive and ethernet port. No silly add-ons to buy later that would make your purchase actually more expensive then it would have been. Example: Gamecube $199, Hard drive $100-150, Ethernet port $50. Total.....$350-400. Compared to XBox $300
3. Many more games available through many different genres now!
4. Future games are very promising (Project Ego, Morrowing, Unreal Championship, etc,,,)

There are other reasons and im sure other forum members will chime in.:D

fanofslipknotib
03-24-2002, 01:28 PM
Halo...

DIGITAL
03-24-2002, 01:52 PM
ripping your own soundtrack to some games like THPS3 ,nothing beats skating to some system of a down

egg
03-24-2002, 01:52 PM
Well... I would say the #1 reason would be..
It would seem silly to come to the best XBOX site on the web if you owned Gamecube :)

Anyway..... THere is not alot of PS2 haters here.. just PS2 fanboy haters...
but to give you a better idea ... I have played both and I know what games are out and in the works for both.... I like FPS, Sports and driving games... and the XBOX satifies all my cravings!! Now... I do not like RPG...but from what I can see, if you like RPG.. the big black box is your choice!!!!!!! So I will see you on here talking about you new purchase in a few.. :D

TEA
03-24-2002, 01:55 PM
1.Xbox is a more mature game system so you figure out what you are mature or more towards adolescence/childhood(Gamecube).
2.The Xbox was slow to get on its feet in games but now is on the rise and is making some of th best games ever(Not to say the GC games aren't cool but most are the same from 64 with better graphix.Xox is a new library aside from ports.
3.It's your decision don't let our influences take the 99.9 percent of your choice.

Hope that helps

Calve
03-24-2002, 02:14 PM
Educate yourself!!!!! GC is gonna be like ps2... around 4 good games the rest are shelf fillers!!!!!!

look at xbox!!!!!! upcoming games.... Enclave, Unreal Champ., Morrowind, Brute Force, Project Ego, Hunter the reckoning!!!! man the list goes on and on!!!!!! Xbox is backed by an endless pit of money!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

yall
03-24-2002, 03:51 PM
well, aside from the $100 diff price, there are 3 thing to look at:

1. the games. alot of similar games exist for both consols, but more quality games exist for the xbox as of right now, and many more are planned for the future. in this category, the xbox is currently beating gamecube, and will probably continue to do so.

2. the interface (controller). this is an important but often overlooked feature of consols. the ps2 and xbox have more options with how to control games because their controllers have more options (buttons and sticks) than a gamecube controller.

3. the quality of the system (features and reliabilty). despite what rumors you may have heard about the xbox, hardly anyone is really having any problems with their system. there is no more likelyhood of getting a defective or malfunctioning xbox than there is a gamecube. as far as graphics and system capabilities pertain to the quality, the xbox wins over all other consoles currently on the market.

these are all facts, but look into it for yourself before you take my word for it. happy hunting

FeelinDandy
03-24-2002, 04:18 PM
Game Cube - cmon' that's a kids console!!!

Jackel
03-24-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by FeelinDandy
Game Cube - cmon' that's a kids console!!! Dont be so biased!!It is NOT a kids console.

Resident Evil 1+2+3+4+5
Starfox adventures
Metroid Prime
Eternal Darkness
Soul Calibur II
Die Hard
Turok Evoulution
Rouge Leader
THPS3
LOTR
Final Fantasy GC

They are a FEW GC "adult" games.And people who judge a game on its looks are just stereotypical idiots anyways.I may sound like a GC fanboy, but im not, i just know what im talking about:p

Plewis
03-24-2002, 05:42 PM
way to tell him Jackel;) It's really the games that matter. I personally like xbox's selection better, but I would love to get ahold Of SSB:M... but thats about all. I want JSRF, Gunvalkyre, Rallisport Challenge, and THPS3... these are just games out now that I want, and only THPS3 is not an xbox only title. If you like mario, and zelda go for gamecube... if you FPS, sports, or RPG games go for xbox. But there are always gonna be good games of every genre on each console. If I were you personally I would sell my PS2, buy an xbox and gamecube. Xbox has everything PS2 has and more. But Gamecube fills the rest of the void. ;)

FeelinDandy
03-24-2002, 06:02 PM
Okay Okay - I'm sorry - your right the GC has some good titles - but I was caught up in the moment of loving my Xbox too much.. I havn't had this much cool gaming since double dragon first game out!!!

40and41
03-24-2002, 08:11 PM
what you have to look at is how much you want to spend, what games are coming out in the future, as well as what is out, and if your a teen or older your probably going to want xbox because gamecube has a lot of kids games, but zelda and dk and **** like that looks liek fun. I find the only downfall is that you cant rip burnt cds into the hardrive, but thats a major plus, listening to what you want during your games..its good ****..:eek:

l Maximus l
03-25-2002, 12:32 PM
Reasons why XBox is better than Gamecube (for me...obviously, these reasons may or may not be important to you) :

1. The XBox has double the amount of processing power than that of the GameCube.
2. Hard-drive for use in making game saves...no need for a memory card.
3. Hard-drive giving the ability to rip your personal CD collection to listen to while playing selective games.
4. System Link compatible - say goodbye to split screen gaming. More and more games are coming out with this option on the XBox.
5. On-line broadband built in. On-line is the future for gaming consoles.
6. The XBox is also adding "XBox Xtras" in games which means that a game found on the GameCube or the Playstation 2 will have added featues on the XBox including: Additional playable characters, new levels, more weapons, more activity on the screen, enhanced graphics, etc. Personally, I would rather have the best version of the same game.
7. Game Developers can also add features to games because of the Hard-drive. This is already happening for Dead or Alive 3 in which you receive a free add-on disc with the Official XBox Magazine so the fighters will have additional attire and a new ending. Other companies will follow...
8. More games and HUGE 3rd party company support.
9. More mature titles on the XBox compared to the GameCube. yes, Gamecube will have some mature titles, however, XBox will have more...again, this is important for me, however, may not apply to you.

And, there are even more...but, those were simply a list of thoughts I had on the top of my head. Personally, I love the XBox...it has been the best gaming experience that I have, personally, ever had :)

Toder
03-25-2002, 03:00 PM
Well today I was at WalMart pickit up a new game for my beloved xbox and I saw the Gamecube koisk so I figured I would give it a try. First impresson of game SSBM was just like playing the one for the N64 but with better graphics and more character selection. But the thing i didn't like at all about the gamecube had to be the controller. I didn't like having all the buttons a different size. the a button was this huge blue button in the center of the buttons and trying to hit the other buttons wasn't convenient at all. So from what i've saw the controller is mainly set up for a kid that only has to hit one button to play a game.

DZNUTZ
03-25-2002, 03:15 PM
i've been a gamer now for almost 20 years...and i've bought almost every console ever made..barring just a select few. xbox IMO is deffinately the best ever. my ps2 which i stood in line 8 hours in the rain for...now just collects dust. as i said i'm a gamer...i'm not about to sell my ps2..and i'm not about to not get a GC..but xbox is IMO is superior to them. my reasons are basically the same that maximus said. i can't stress how damn cool the MASSIVE hard drive is. also..when online gaming hits...i'm really stoked about the voice communication set thats being released and is going to be supported by EVERY online compatable xbox game.

Afro Aura
03-25-2002, 03:37 PM
Maximus hit the nail on the head with why he said. Sure the Game Cube is more powerful that the PS2 and plays little disks I have to say I love Rogue Squadron the only problem with this is, if you like to watch DVDs on the Game Cube you'll have a slight problem if you get yourself a DVD kit for the XBOX you can play DVDs which are far superior resolution to the PS2 (I've looked at both) listen to what Maximus has said it's all true:D

and good luck with you fight to find the right console

Silent85
03-25-2002, 06:48 PM
Just to let you know thanks to this fourum and my mate and a video of DOA3 I am getting a x-box on saturday.

Afro Aura
03-25-2002, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Silent85
Just to let you know thanks to this fourum and my mate and a video of DOA3 I am getting a x-box on saturday.
aaaaawwww I'm so glad that we helped :D

Anyway welcome to the XBA forum Silent85 and don't leave the store without Halo OK
Have fun mate

See ya :)

XboxDudeUK
03-26-2002, 03:32 AM
You *** Asslicker:cool:
:) I will kill you with a rabbit's butt.:mad:
And this will be you=:rolleyes: :confused: :( :o

robnyack
03-26-2002, 11:50 AM
I'll give you two good reasons:

2) the present

1) the future.

smack_roscoe
03-26-2002, 01:11 PM
One thing that I dislike about the xbox "At this moment" is the lack of FPS(first person shooters), Yes of course I have Halo. I'm talking about all the great FPS that have been coming out on the PS2. It just kills me.
I know that they are going to have more eventually, but its killing me now. Patience is overated as a virture.

l Maximus l
03-26-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by smack_roscoe
One thing that I dislike about the xbox "At this moment" is the lack of FPS(first person shooters), Yes of course I have Halo. I'm talking about all the great FPS that have been coming out on the PS2. It just kills me.
I know that they are going to have more eventually, but its killing me now. Patience is overated as a virture.

FPSs? Dude...here's a couple on the XBox that are either available or coming out soon:

1. Halo
2. Brute Force
3. Unreal Championship
4. Bounty Hunter
5. Half Life 2
6. Panzer Dragoon
7. Return to Castle Wolfenstein
8. Yager
9. Turok: Evolution
10. Shrapnel

.........and several more! Just be patient, my man! I can tell already that Unreal Championship and Brute Force are both going to give Halo a serious run for it's money! :)