PDA

View Full Version : Living Proof You Must Buy Shenmue II on Xbox!

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 02:54 PM
Fellow addicts and Ninja fans!

Im not going to give a review but a rather short but sweet rant on Shenmue II.
Well as some addicts may know I imported the Dreamcast European version a little while ago but never got around to purchaseing an import boot-up disc.
Well I have, and last night I completed the 3 disc long Shenmue II with a late night marathon into the wee hours of 3:00am!!:eek:
Just let me say this is the must buy game for the Xbox once it's released later in the year. Looks to be in the fall/winter time.
This game is nothing short than a classic masterpiece.
It crushes the original in every aspect.
Im going on record to calling this a top 5 all-time game in my book.
Along side Skies Of Arcadia, Halo, & Soul Calibur.

Any questions, just ask. But I wont ruin it for anyone.
:)

Dre
03-25-2002, 03:05 PM
How are the graphics?? What about the story? Is it involved or just a side-thing? CG Cutscenes or XBox rendered?

Thanks dude,
Dre

JJaX
03-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Wasnt it all in japanese???? Why did you pay for a boot disc you can just make them Ya know!

sinizuh
03-25-2002, 03:21 PM
but my friend said that you use the save file from shenmue 1 in shenmue 2...

how will that work on xbox?

JJaX
03-25-2002, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
but my friend said that you use the save file from shenmue 1 in shenmue 2...

how will that work on xbox?

Good question, Im sure they will just skip all that stuff. Let you start on the boat or some junK.

Xtreame65
03-25-2002, 04:10 PM
ok. i have a dreamcast and shenmue 2. ( i am british) and i can tell you that it is an amazing game and i cant belive it did not come out in the us.

also it is posible to use your shenmue 1 save to contine but it is not nessisery.

the talking was in ja*****e but this is to add authentisity to it. the first one seemed strange in that everybody was talking english. there is subtitles so you know what they are saying.

the graphics are some of the best i have seen on the dreamcast

the story is brillant and there is a backstory option so you know what you are doing.

one more thing the story dosnt finish so expext a shenmue 3!

Xtreame65
03-25-2002, 04:13 PM
oops i mean japanese, no offence i just mispelled it

xboxer2002
03-25-2002, 04:26 PM
This is such a coincidence, because I was going to post a Shenmue 2 topic today.I've been playing through this game for the past 4 days and let me tell you it is the most immersive game I've ever played (besides the first one). This game has a way of just sucking you into it's virtual world and not letting go. I can't stop playing it.When I'm not playing it,I can't stop thinking about it.It truly has taken over the last 4 nights of my life and I'm not done yet.I have to say I've never ever felt this way about a videogame before.It really is (in my opinion), the best game EVER made.A true masterpiece! Leaps and bounds above the rest of it's kind, on any system.A TRUE ESCAPE FROM THE DIFFICULT WORLD WE LIVE IN.

Dre
03-25-2002, 04:30 PM
I downloaded the trailer and was blown away by the graphics. Is it computer generated cutscenes like Genma and FFX or ingame cutscenes like Halo?

gtaplayer
03-25-2002, 04:48 PM
hey do u kno if when the game comes out is it gonna be 3 cds or only on 1

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Dre
How are the graphics?? What about the story? Is it involved or just a side-thing? CG Cutscenes or XBox rendered?

Thanks dude,
Dre

The graphics are beautiful on the DC, so just image how it will look on the much powerful Xbox!

The story picks up where the original left off, you know- when you were getting on the boat to head to Hong Kong.
There is no CG sut scenes. I mean, just look at the game, it looks like a real life movie. the cut sense just blend in wit the gameplay.
Oh, and as you know th story has over 17 chapters (last I heard from the creator Yu Sazuki) so this is a continuation in the story. And it's very deep.

Snoopy7548
03-25-2002, 04:58 PM
i never played shenmue, is it good?

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by gtaplayer
hey do u kno if when the game comes out is it gonna be 3 cds or only on 1

Yo gtaplayer, the Dremcast version comes in a blue box (european import) wit two cases consiting of 4 total GD-Roms (CD's) 3 are playable and the other has the extra feature.
but I can promise you the Xbox version will not be 3 disc. As you probably know the Xbox DVD discs can hold a hell of a lot of memory. So im betting the whole shenmue II can fit on one DVD CD, Sega however may pack in an extra disc for the features. Like the passport (go online) and the original Shenmue trailer movie to let all the people that never owned the first one know what th stories all about. :)

Snoopy7548
03-25-2002, 05:08 PM
u know what they should do? this would sell really really well, they should make an xbox game, with every single nes, snes, genesis, gameboy, game gear game ever made. they could fit it on one cd, cause they hold alot, that would be so off the hizzy man, i would definitely buy it.

mrmp3
03-25-2002, 05:14 PM
I too got Shenmue II and man o man. This game is amazing. I played the first disc forever and ever. My bro got it for christmas as a surprise so I had to finish Shenmue I first. I did that in a day. So the next day I start and I couldn't believe how amazing it is. Plus I hated finding stuff in Shenmue I but people lead u to places this time which is really awesome. But then...I got stuck...again. In Shenmue I, the grandfather who had the other piece to open the hidden area in your dojo never came back. His granddaughter always said "he's out on a delievry for about 5 days in a row". So I gave up. Then when i got Shenmue II I started over and got past it. Now on Shenmue II, I got stuck at finding the street performer in the mall. U know the guy who used karate as show so he got kicked out by the old dude? I NEED TO KNOW WHERE HE IS??? I try to talk to everyone but it won't let me. You gotta help me out I want to beat that game. Signing off...

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Dre
I downloaded the trailer and was blown away by the graphics. Is it computer generated cutscenes like Genma and FFX or ingame cutscenes like Halo?

It depends. It's more like Halo, where the graphics are so d@mn good that you dont need no cutscense the essence of FFX o its previous versions.
And you cant forget about the QTE (Quick Time Events) those are played out in a cutscense kinda way as well,.. somewhat.
It keeps you on your toes all game long. So there will be no resting in your bed or sofa while playing. The game overall is excellent.
someone said "why didnt Sega release it in the US"?
Well that's because Microsoft came to Sega with a deal to make the US version a Xbox exclusive!
I was upset, but I knew it was for the best of the franchise. Ya know, DC was and is a thing of the past. So Sega would have lost money in sales anyways.

Oh, and the European version is in ALL Japanese with English subtitles. So you will have a hell of alot of reading.

but we all know the Xbox version will have English voice overs. Im not really thrilled abot hearing Americans talk over japanese characters :rolleyes:
Hopefully Japaese voice overs will be an option.
Hey, Ninja wants the original! :D

Snoopy7548
03-25-2002, 05:24 PM
i hope their mouths are way off like in the godzilla movies:D

DZNUTZ
03-25-2002, 05:26 PM
hey..for those of you that have played both of the games.....and taking into consideration i don't feel i have enuff time as it is to play my various games. (still haven't completed MGS2 or GTA3) do u recommend buying shenume 1 for dc. is the game itself worth it ( compared to all the new next gen games i could be playing). and second...do u think the first episode of the game is important enuff that it really needs to be played to enjoy the second installment fully?

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
i hope their mouths are way off like in the godzilla movies:D

well im sure you wish will be granted because I have yet to see any game in the history of videogames where the mouths move accodingly to the voice overs.
And this game is no exception,... and I dont even speak japanese to know it's off! :D
But it does not take anything away from Sega's production. This game is flawless.
Except for the Dreamcast lag and loading times which the Xbox will hae no such problems with!
I cant wait. Even though I beat the DC version I still am gonna get the Xbox version. Yo never know, it may have extras the DC doesnt!
btw, the ending it over "10 minutes" long and is beathtaking!!! This is one game where the ending is not a let down.

***cough**RE:CODE Veronica**cough**Halo**cough*!! :D

DZNUTZ
03-25-2002, 05:39 PM
hey ninja...how about anserwing my questions...its the least u could do after getting my all hyped (jK about its the least u could do part...but u did get me all hyped). also..ninja...go to the gunvalkyerie thread under new release forum.. i replied to you respons to my post and was waiting to see what u thought.

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
hey..for those of you that have played both of the games.....and taking into consideration i don't feel i have enuff time as it is to play my various games. (still haven't completed MGS2 or GTA3) do u recommend buying shenume 1 for dc. is the game itself worth it ( compared to all the new next gen games i could be playing). and second...do u think the first episode of the game is important enuff that it really needs to be played to enjoy the second installment fully?

Very good questions DZ.
Here's how your Icon-Ninja Jubei looks at it. Okay, the Xbox version of Shenmue II will have a feature that will brief you on the whole Shenmue I game. Just in case you missed out. So wheather you get the first one or not you wont be lost.

But if you want to experience the game as it's meant to be I recommend opening your wallet and pulling out a $20.00 cause that's all shenmue I will run you.
dude, it's worth it. The opening movie on shenmue I will make you forget about that annoying punk Raiden in MGS & all those trashy chicks in GTA3! :D
But I must tell you, Shenmue I is very time consuming.
I look at it like this, just get the game. You got until fall/winter to beat the original and before you know it, Shenmue II on Xbox will be out!!!

Now doesnt that sound pretty sweet yo!?

GokuX
03-25-2002, 05:42 PM
If U want a funny Japanese to English translation U should check out Dynasty Warriors 3 for the PS2. My favorite line has to be when the dynasty lord says "you flaming idiots" in a high pitched voice as you advance toward his stronghold. The mouth motions are way off in that game.

Hugh_Jass
03-25-2002, 05:45 PM
Will the XBOX version contain the first part of the story, too?

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
Will the XBOX version contain the first part of the story, too?

It will only include a movie theater of the original shenmue on Dreamcast. it's a pretty slick movie that will bring you up to snuff on what's going on before you start your adventure.
But it's nothing like playing through the first game yourself.
It's just not the same. It will only show the important segments from the first game.

Silent85
03-25-2002, 06:15 PM
I think they should release a graphically supirior version of Shenmue 1 on the x-box for the people who haven't seen the or played the first. The reason I say seen is because it is like a movie

Snoopy7548
03-25-2002, 06:17 PM
cool, i havent played the first one, it looks cool

monkeyman
03-25-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Fellow addicts and Ninja fans!

Im not going to give a review but a rather short but sweet rant on Shenmue II.
Well as some addicts may know I imported the Dreamcast European version a little while ago but never got around to purchaseing an import boot-up disc.
Well I have, and last night I completed the 3 disc long Shenmue II with a late night marathon into the wee hours of 3:00am!!:eek:
Just let me say this is the must buy game for the Xbox once it's released later in the year. Looks to be in the fall/winter time.
This game is nothing short than a classic masterpiece.
It crushes the original in every aspect.
Im going on record to calling this a top 5 all-time game in my book.
Along side Skies Of Arcadia, Halo, & Soul Calibur.

Any questions, just ask. But I wont ruin it for anyone.
:)

GOD I HATE YOU!!!!!!!! man i love the first shenmue and after saying all that it made me hate you cause now i cant wait!!!!!! ok you gotta pm me telling me everything i mean everything i like it when people spoil stuff for me like in movies and stuff common you gotta tell me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Silent85
I think they should release a graphically supirior version of Shenmue 1 on the x-box for the people who haven't seen the or played the first. The reason I say seen is because it is like a movie

To be honest with you I would say that is wishful thinking, but when you got companies like Capcom re-releasing a classic such as Resident Evil's Remake
(GC) of the original anything can happen.
So you never know! :)

**cough*Sega, you leasoning?**cough**

monkeyman
03-25-2002, 06:33 PM

btw, the ending it over "10 minutes" long and is beathtaking!!! This is one game where the ending is not a let down.

***cough**RE:CODE Veronica**cough**Halo**cough*!! :D

the last ending for shenmue 1 was good man crazy is the begining like the begining in the first one?

xboxer2002
03-25-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by mrmp3
I too got Shenmue II and man o man. This game is amazing. I played the first disc forever and ever. My bro got it for christmas as a surprise so I had to finish Shenmue I first. I did that in a day. So the next day I start and I couldn't believe how amazing it is. Plus I hated finding stuff in Shenmue I but people lead u to places this time which is really awesome. But then...I got stuck...again. In Shenmue I, the grandfather who had the other piece to open the hidden area in your dojo never came back. His granddaughter always said "he's out on a delievry for about 5 days in a row". So I gave up. Then when i got Shenmue II I started over and got past it. Now on Shenmue II, I got stuck at finding the street performer in the mall. U know the guy who used karate as show so he got kicked out by the old dude? I NEED TO KNOW WHERE HE IS??? I try to talk to everyone but it won't let me. You gotta help me out I want to beat that game. Signing off...

The street performer is in the mall.I also had a hard time finding him.He's lying down against the wall inside the first floor of the mall

Ninja Scroll
03-25-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by xboxer2002

The street performer is in the mall.I also had a hard time finding him.He's lying down against the wall inside the first floor of the mall

Yeah, that was the only time I got confused in the game. His homeless ass is on the far right hand corner of the malls first floor.
Dude, I was all over that mall, I actually mistakenly bumped into him. I thought he was a gym bag or something? :confused: I wanted to give him $5.00 dollars for food or to brush his dirty teeth but unfortunatly it was not an option! :D
He did pimp me into working for his dirty behind though :rolleyes:

JADE8704
03-25-2002, 07:48 PM
i can't wait for this game...i absolutely loved the first one, actually i think its the best game for the dreamcast..and when i heard it was coming to xbox, i was psyched...better graphics, hopefully better voice overs...anyone know if this is xbox xclusive?

Halo of Flies
03-26-2002, 04:24 AM
Now this is a weird one, I finished Shenmue and thought it was fantastic. Then, I bought Shenmue II about 4 months ago, played it for about an hour or two and have never touched it since!
I think I probably just got a little bored and had a lot of other new games at the time.

With all this talk about it and people getting excited and stuff I guess I oughta dig it out and get this game played.

Ninja Scroll
03-26-2002, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by JADE8704
i can't wait for this game...i absolutely loved the first one, actually i think its the best game for the dreamcast..and when i heard it was coming to xbox, i was psyched...better graphics, hopefully better voice overs...anyone know if this is xbox xclusive?

Yes Jade, it's a Xbox EXCLUSIVE! But remember, it was originally shipped in Japan & Europe on Dreamcast.
But Shenmue II is US exclusive and you wont find it on PoS2 or GC.
Sega & Microsoft signed the deal last year (around sept/oct).
Of course the graphics will be improved & the voice over cant be any better since non of th DC versions has English voices. So this will be the first time for Shenmue II in English.
Yu Sazuki said in an interview a couple weeks ago that they easily brought Shenmue II over to the Xbox. Now they are in the poccess of giving the game a major overhaul in every aspect of the game (graphics, loading times, ect)........ interesting! :)

Ninja Scroll
03-26-2002, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by Halo of Flies
Now this is a weird one, I finished Shenmue and thought it was fantastic. Then, I bought Shenmue II about 4 months ago, played it for about an hour or two and have never touched it since!
I think I probably just got a little bored and had a lot of other new games at the time.

With all this talk about it and people getting excited and stuff I guess I oughta dig it out and get this game played.

So what did you do in that first hour? ask people where's a toilet, and arm wrestle dudes,.. then ask again where's a toilet? :confused:
:D
I'll admit,...maybe, just maybe the first two minutes of the game are on a slow pace but I have no idea what made you put this game down.
This game is everything but boring. As matter of fact I never got bored once while playing this massivily long masterpiece.
Their is a hell of alot of talking, but much more fighting, QTE, & extras than one hardcore or casual gamer could ask for!
Shenmue II is a classic, and te Xbox version wil prove da Ninja is on point.

Hey Halo Of Flies, dont thank me, that's what im here for!:rolleyes:

Ninja knows best!:D

Ninja Scroll
03-26-2002, 01:21 PM
this is da chick that wants to share her sauce **wink,wink** with Ryo Hazuki! :D
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/vgnews/090701/shenmue2/shenmue2_screen014.jpg

And this is my twin brother, da hero of this classic masterpiece. Ryo Hazuki.:cool:
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/dc/shenmue2/shenmue2_screen005.jpg
isnt she a hottie!!! ;)
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2001/dc/shenmue2/shenmue2_screen006.jpg

xboxer2002
03-26-2002, 04:04 PM
I'm on the third disk street fighting to get into the yellow building.I have 4 disks.Does it continue onto the 4th or is the fouth disk just extra internet and crap?

Ninja Scroll
03-26-2002, 05:48 PM
I'm on the third disk street fighting to get into the yellow building.I have 4 disks.Does it continue onto the 4th or is the fouth disk just extra internet and crap?

Yo xboxer2002, the 4t disc is just the xtra features. Like the Shenmue 1 movie trailer, After Burner Arcade game, ect.

so your about to get into the yellow building huh? Good luck on your street fights cause that one guy with the blue head band and sun glasses in a cold beast! He's a version of Wolf from Virtua Fighter. I black guy with the afro is a version of Jeffery & the chick is a version of Sarah.

Not to spoil it for you, but when you get into the building (which is the last chapter in the game) you will get pumped up with excitement from this point on, it's never stopping QTE's & action! You watch, tell me how it go for ya, or if you need help. Which you should'nt. :)
Enjoy!

JimmieDoogan
03-26-2002, 06:36 PM
For those of you wondering how the game save from the first Shenmue would work, its like this. Both Shenmue games will be released for Xbox, the only way to carry over your items from Shemue 1 to Shenmue 2 is to play through the first game ON XBOX, then the second one. Hey, at least its coming out.

Ninja Scroll
03-26-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
For those of you wondering how the game save from the first Shenmue would work, its like this. Both Shenmue games will be released for Xbox, the only way to carry over your items from Shemue 1 to Shenmue 2 is to play through the first game ON XBOX, then the second one. Hey, at least its coming out.

Sorry junior, but if your going to post in my thread dont make up false information and rumors.
No one knows the true status of Shenmues where abouts better than the XBA Icon-Ninja Scroll.

And I repeat again, Shenmue 1 is not coming to Xbox. Only Shenmue II and the rest of the chapters are still in discussions with Microsoft about being exclusive to the Xbox for the remainder of the series.

as for the Shenmue 1 VMU save, you dont need it to upload to save to part 2 in order to play. All you'd be getting was left over money & items in your storage. Which mean nothing to me beating the game with or without it.

shenmue II on xbox does not need no save from Shenmue 1.

Man,.... I tell's ya, what a Ninja gots to do to keep it real in da XBA's :rolleyes:

xboxer2002
03-26-2002, 11:56 PM

Sorry junior, but if your going to post in my thread dont make up false information and rumors.
No one knows the true status of Shenmues where abouts better than the XBA Icon-Ninja Scroll.

And I repeat again, Shenmue 1 is not coming to Xbox. Only Shenmue II and the rest of the chapters are still in discussions with Microsoft about being exclusive to the Xbox for the remainder of the series.

as for the Shenmue 1 VMU save, you dont need it to upload to save to part 2 in order to play. All you'd be getting was left over money & items in your storage. Which mean nothing to me beating the game with or without it.

shenmue II on xbox does not need no save from Shenmue 1.

Man,.... I tell's ya, what a Ninja gots to do to keep it real in da XBA's :rolleyes:

Your absolutely correct Ninja! Dude, I don't know where you get your info, but that is completely untrue. By the way,I said it once and I'll say it again. SHENMUE 1 AND 2 ARE THE BEST IMMERSIVE ESCAPE FROM REALITY GAMES EVER MADE!!!! The only bad part about these games are I don't want it to end!

Ninja Scroll
03-27-2002, 01:44 PM

Your absolutely correct Ninja! Dude, I don't know where you get your info, but that is completely untrue. By the way,I said it once and I'll say it again. SHENMUE 1 AND 2 ARE THE BEST IMMERSIVE ESCAPE FROM REALITY GAMES EVER MADE!!!! The only bad part about these games are I don't want it to end!

Thanks xboxwe2002, so how far are you in the game thus far? You beat those three champion street fighters yet?

Xtreame65
03-27-2002, 01:57 PM
i find that the only thing annoying about the shenmue serise is that i WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS!

i compleated the first one and i thought ' a sequl would be great!'
but then when i finished shenmue 2 in one weekend i went mad that it didnt finish the story! ITS THAT GOOD!

dont be suprised if u get shenmueities* after playing them

also i find it is much better to play the first one as it helps get you into the story

Ninja Scroll
03-27-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Xtreame65
i find that the only thing annoying about the shenmue serise is that i WANT TO KNOW HOW IT ENDS!

i compleated the first one and i thought ' a sequl would be great!'
but then when i finished shenmue 2 in one weekend i went mad that it didnt finish the story! ITS THAT GOOD!

dont be suprised if u get shenmueities* after playing them

also i find it is much better to play the first one as it helps get you into the story

First off, welcome to the XBA forums xtreame65 :)
I dont know if you know, but Shenmue will have atleast 17 Chapters according to Yu Sazuki. But that does not mean it will consist of 17 or more different games. Some parts (like Shenmue II, it has 3) will include more than 1 chapter.
So you say you beat part 2 in one weekend! :confused:
I find that hard to believe, though it is humanly possible if you are willing to be in front of your TV all day & night for 2 days plus in a row!

OHHHHHHHHHH, xboxgamer2002.. I got to apologize about something you asked me about. I said Shenmue II was only on the first 3 disc. My bad yo, disc 4 consist of 3 hours of gmeplay too. once you finish disc 3 it looks like it's the end of the game,.. but it's not!
PLUS, their is worldwide never before seen footage of te original Shenmue on Sega Saturn that was never released afte you beat da game! You gotta see it!
Man, I cant wait until E3 when Sega spills all da beans on this masterpiece for Xbox! :)

X-Factor
03-27-2002, 10:49 PM
Check out this article by IGNXbox~
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/356/356109p1.html

I wouldn't mind seeing the old-school Shenmue games on Xbox. When is Shenmue 2 suppose to be released on Xbox??

Ninja Scroll
03-27-2002, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
Check out this article by IGNXbox~
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/356/356109p1.html

I wouldn't mind seeing the old-school Shenmue games on Xbox. When is Shenmue 2 suppose to be released on Xbox??

E3 will more than likely be Sega's offical release date for the Xbox US Exclusive game. But it looks like fall/winter 2002, 3rd/4th Qrt. this year! :)

Muabdi'b
03-28-2002, 01:48 AM
ShenMue2 was killed in the US markets in order to kill the DC quicker. Sega wanted that user base to abandon the DC and and begin to concentrate on other consoles where there games would be made on. Who knows, but Im sure most people who have the DC version would not bother wasting there money on an XBOX version. I said most , not all. XBOX will sell a lot more copies of Shen Mue 2 now that the DC version wont make a general release on US shores.

xboxer2002
03-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Well, as of this morning, my journey through Shenmue 2 is complete. I'm still shocked at how fantastic this game is. I thought the 3rd disk was going to be the end, but low and behold, the fourth disk is quite long as well.Alot of walking and talking. A nice break from all the action of the first 3 disks. There was a time when I felt a sense of sadness during the fourth disk. My girlfriend couldn't go to sleep. She was very involved in the ending and now, she will play through one and two.Words can't describe this game. You have to feel it for yourself.Putting it to words is like describing a dream,which dreams are powerful in their emotions. I suggest any hard core gamers (or any gamer for that matter) owe it to themselves to play this series. By far, Shenmue 1 and 2 are my favorite games ever made. I say that with complete confidence.No game ever made me feel the way they did.It actually taught me something I felt I didn't really have.PATIENCE, ACTS OF KINDNESS, AND JUST LOOKING AT PEOPLE AND PLACES IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT.LEARNING TO APPRECIATE THINGS FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE, AND KNOWING IF YOU REALLY WANT SOMETHING IN LIFE, YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH HELL TO ACHIEVE IT.I will also purchase this game when it comes to my beloved Xbox. I can't wait to go through it again and experience the things I missed going through it the first time around. It really has changed the way I think and feel.

Gamer101
03-28-2002, 12:42 PM
i will be getting it that is for sure.

Ninja Scroll
03-28-2002, 01:38 PM
Well, as of this morning, my journey through Shenmue 2 is complete. I'm still shocked at how fantastic this game is. I thought the 3rd disk was going to be the end, but low and behold, the fourth disk is quite long as well.Alot of walking and talking. A nice break from all the action of the first 3 disks. There was a time when I felt a sense of sadness during the fourth disk. My girlfriend couldn't go to sleep. She was very involved in the ending and now, she will play through one and two.Words can't describe this game. You have to feel it for yourself.Putting it to words is like describing a dream,which dreams are powerful in their emotions. I suggest any hard core gamers (or any gamer for that matter) owe it to themselves to play this series. By far, Shenmue 1 and 2 are my favorite games ever made. I say that with complete confidence.No game ever made me feel the way they did.It actually taught me something I felt I didn't really have.PATIENCE, ACTS OF KINDNESS, AND JUST LOOKING AT PEOPLE AND PLACES IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT.LEARNING TO APPRECIATE THINGS FOR WHAT THEY REALLY ARE, AND KNOWING IF YOU REALLY WANT SOMETHING IN LIFE, YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH HELL TO ACHIEVE IT.I will also purchase this game when it comes to my beloved Xbox. I can't wait to go through it again and experience the things I missed going through it the first time around. It really has changed the way I think and feel.

xboxer2002, dont forget, 99.9% of the Xbox addicts have not played Shenmue II so please dont spoile it for them.
But yes, I agree.. as on page 3 of this thread I corrected myself about disc 3, cause I thought that was the end until they say insert disc 4 and I swore it was just going to scroll up the ending credits.
My God, this game is longer than the above average RPG's. Only thing i aws upset about was that after you beat the game thier is no "stat screen" like in Shenmue 1. I wish I knew how many hours it really took me.
But dude, im calling it.....Shenmue II is my number 2 favorite game of ALL-TIMES.
Sorry bro, but Skies Of Arcadia is still number 1. But d@mn I love Shenmue II. One of the greatest ever. A masterpiece classic. Nothing less.
This game is flawless...... I never said that since Soul Calibur! :cool:

Ninja Scroll
10-24-2002, 10:40 AM
Since Shenmue II for Xbox is right around da corner I figured I would give some life to a thread that I feel was very informative somewhat for the classic masterpiece.:)

NAW MEAN!?:cool:

laughs
10-24-2002, 06:56 PM
I wish it was Oct 31st....than I will have Shenmue 2.....be smart, preorder it at EB......oh and you know you get the dvd movie too right? Nice bonus isn't it.

dronezero
10-24-2002, 09:26 PM
If you go to xbox.com they have some info on Shenmue II. It says that the game will be on one disc and that you will have the option for either dubbed or subtitled (I'm sure they did it just for you Ninja). It also said that you would be able to play in color, black or white, or a sepia lens. Sounds just like a gadget, nothing that people would use for more than a couple minutes (not that I am complaining, I will take whatever they are willing to give).

I have been waiting for Shenmue II since I beat Shenmue I over two years ago. Probably if Sega had not have cancelled it for the Dreamcast and announced that it would be going to the box I wouldn't have bought the box.

Squidpie
10-25-2002, 05:23 AM
I loved Shenmue 1... I have Shenmue 2 for Dreamcast... but decided to wait and play it on Xbox instead since it will be in english and better ghaphics.

Ninja Scroll
10-25-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Squidpie
I loved Shenmue 1... I have Shenmue 2 for Dreamcast... but decided to wait and play it on Xbox instead since it will be in english and better ghaphics.

Well I had no problems reading all the English subtitles in the European version. It was kinda like reading a old school RPG game.
Only quicker & easier to follow.
I wonder if the Dreamcast version will be worth anything since it was never released on da US DC? Prolly not! :(

Originally posted by dronezero

I have been waiting for Shenmue II since I beat Shenmue I over two years ago. Probably if Sega had not have cancelled it for the Dreamcast and announced that it would be going to the box I wouldn't have bought the box.

Well the Xbox is home to one of the greatest in Halo ya know. Dont you think it was worth getting the Xbox for that game alone?

But trust me, Shenmue II will blow da roof off of the original.
This version is fast paced, ya dont have to wait around forever for certain times on clocks to hit so you can proceed with breeze.

The only thing I did'nt like about the DC version was it's lag and load times. God, this is gonna be something special on Xbox.

This is be the first time I have ever bought the same game twice.
It's just dat damn good.

laughs
10-25-2002, 11:51 AM
Why did OXM give Shenmue 2 only a 7.6? With all the talk I thought it would have had a better score than that :confused:

Spaztic
10-25-2002, 02:25 PM
I will have to pull this off irc tonight!

Leo
10-25-2002, 09:19 PM
Shenmue comes out in october 30 2002!

That's what my release dates said!

dronezero
10-26-2002, 09:19 PM

Well the Xbox is home to one of the greatest in Halo ya know. Dont you think it was worth getting the Xbox for that game alone?

But trust me, Shenmue II will blow da roof off of the original.
This version is fast paced, ya dont have to wait around forever for certain times on clocks to hit so you can proceed with breeze.

The only thing I did'nt like about the DC version was it's lag and load times. God, this is gonna be something special on Xbox.

This is be the first time I have ever bought the same game twice.
It's just dat damn good.

Yea, with hind site I would buy the xbox even if Shenmue II was not coming out. But until I heard Shenmue II was going to be released I knew almost nothing about the xbox and was definately not planning on buying one.

XBX_Junior_XBX
10-26-2002, 09:34 PM
this game is in my wish list!! : P