PDA

View Full Version : official gamespot petition:

thexboxx
03-25-2002, 04:44 PM
hey guys!!! sick of how gamespot was treating XBOX fans??? check out the official petition made to STOP it!!!

http://www.petitiononline.com/haloduke/petition.html

thanks every fan for your support :cool:

DZNUTZ
03-25-2002, 05:13 PM
SORRY BRO...I aint gonna sign the petition...one...because i don't think it would make a difference..and 2. its a merica and their entitled to their opinions. like myself, u seem to think gamespot is somewhat unfair to xbox...well then u have one of two options...1st being ..just don't go their anymore...or second..just keep their (in our opinions) biased views against xbox in mind when u read how they rate the games. signing the petition to me almost seems like whining and would just add fuel to that fire and maybe even make them think where un-openly minded people such as those close minded fanboys that plague everyconsole.

Toonz
03-25-2002, 05:15 PM
I agree the only thing even worth visiting there site for is the movies

Woocifer
03-25-2002, 08:09 PM
I don't think they are too biased personally. Perhaps they are picky?

Anyway...I say leave the guys alone, its just a game site. If anything they pick out the bad points about games. And I mean every little bad point...which I find very helpful because if they say a game is really good, then it must be really really good hehe

gula
03-25-2002, 08:32 PM
Official 10 Month Old GameSpot Petition...:rolleyes:

Personally, I got sick and tired of hearing about GameSpot. And said screw it, and that I respect them. We all have out own opinions on games, why can't they?

thexboxx
03-27-2002, 11:29 AM
their recent remarks are even more low than ever....

Halo and Rallisport are the only good games. Wait for Project Ego.

anyone who says this should get shot in the head along with the 13 year old who asked him

:rolleyes:

willoman
03-27-2002, 11:45 AM
LEt it go. Yeah they're bias but its not ur site. HOW THE HELL IS THE 3DO better then the XBOX. U smoking again?. :D

l Maximus l
03-27-2002, 11:47 AM
If you really think about it, the XBox has set a new benchmark in the console gaming industry, therefore, people expect more from this system. Therefore, some of the low scores are given based on this fact.

Also, any new console that has hit the market faces this "wrath" from Gamespot...the PoS2 did when it first came out. Personally, I give Gamespot a year, which by then, the XBox will have a much stronger market presence and will be easily accepted as one of the major video game consoles in the industry. It's already started to become that...in due time, it will become even moreso.

Personally, I don't mind the reviews at Gamespot. To me, it's just another opinion from an individual or individuals on what they feel about a specific game on a specific console. The reason why some XBox games may have received a lower score while the game is a direct port of a PoS2 game, is probably because the XBox can deliver better...which is a fact...hence the reason why it may have received a lower score.

Anyway, just my $0.02 :)

Durden-XBA
03-27-2002, 11:54 AM
Good Lord! How sad is this thread?

'Waaahhh! I don't like someone's opinion... Let's petition!'

Cut me a friggin' break. Where are you gonna send it? And are they gonna be like, 'Well, I guess we were being a tad insensitive. Gee, we'll work on that. Thanks!'? NO! HECK NO!

-In fact, I'd rather read about the objective negative aspects of a good game, as opposed to like half the reviews on this site where I get:

"DIS GAME IS BOMB JUNIOR! WORD! IT DON'T PULL NO PUNCHES! ILL!" ...and then you see it's for like Shrek or something.

Seriously, deal with it, and let the gamers decide for themselves whether they like it or not.

WORD! lol

Ninja Scroll
03-27-2002, 12:03 PM
All gamespot is good for is their breaking news & first to get new screen shots.
Other than that I dont give 3 drops of monkey pi$$ about them.
Yeah, they diss our beloved Xbox, it's life junior.
:rolleyes:

But I know you mean well. Dont bash this guy ya'll. Plus he's a newbie. Lets welcome him with XBA arms!:o :D
:)

JeffKnows
03-27-2002, 02:23 PM
I actually like that Gamespot is more critical of X-Box games. This way when they do rate a game highly I can be assured it truly is a good game. If they trash a game I may or may not choose to listen. Most likely I will rent first. The idea that someone having a bias in their reviews is worthy of a petition is childish. If you are so bothered that others don't blindly rate every game a 10 then for pete's sake don't go to their site.

JohnB
03-27-2002, 09:15 PM
Guys, everyone understands that everyone is entitiled to their own opinion. Gamespot can have their own opinion but their opinions on the Xbox are not worth a dime at all. Games like Gunvalkerie getting a rating of 6.2 is just not right. Some of their info on that review was not credible either. The reader reviews were full of anger towards Gamespot because they gave Gunvalkerie such a crappy rating.

Dre
03-27-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
But I know you mean well. Dont bash this guy ya'll. Plus he's a newbie. Lets welcome him with XBA arms!:o :D
:)

What? Ninja is being nice to a newbie? Are you sick Ninja? Where you diagnosed with some fatal disease?

hehehe.. just pullin ur arm Ninja. I'll be the second to welcome you thexboxx.

Lates