PDA

View Full Version : Trick Controller with Sega NFL 2K2

MDX
03-25-2002, 06:07 PM
I'm having difficulty using the Trick Controller with NFL 2K2. I don't seem to get the range of motion (especially pointing UP) that I do with the Microsoft controller. For example, on many screens there are options to select on the top of the screen, while pointing the left stick or thumb-wheel up, it doesn't locate the selection arrow high enough. Anyone else having this problem or do I just have a defective controller ?

Thanks !!!

MDX

baggachipz
03-26-2002, 12:05 PM
Those menus are precisely the reason I opted not to buy 2k2 and bought fever instead. I hated those menus back when I had 2k and 2k1 on my dreamcast. Totally unusuable, get a clue sega! Fever's menus are so much better... for instance:

When you score a touchdown (as I frequently do against my friends), you wanna kick an extra point, right? Well, in fever, all you have to do is hit A, A in the menu to do "recommended", "extra point". It's right there. In the 2k series, you have to navigate all the way to "field goal"... WTFS?!

Totally assinine.

So, no I don't think it's your controller's fault; it's the game's :rolleyes:

dronezero
03-26-2002, 07:23 PM
To have the game recommend a play simply hit the A button before moving the thumbpad and you should be fine. As for your problem with the controller, it is the controlers fault though whether it is defective or simply not compatible with the game is anyone's guess.

And the only problem I have with the menu system is that it sometimes takes an extra second to make the selection useing the thumbpad.