PDA

View Full Version : dead controller????

NomadLLama
03-25-2002, 11:27 PM
hey, i was just wondering since I get mad at my games all of the time, has anyone's xbox controller (first party, MS) died before? if so why? because today, i was playing DOA3 and while moving the d-pad, i heard a loud click from the d-pad, and i don;t think that was supposed to happen.

DIGITAL
03-25-2002, 11:32 PM
my died while playing raw,ether my friend broke bashing on the toggles or it was the game,im gonna buy a new one then return the broken one an exchange it for another controller

Nato King
03-26-2002, 07:16 AM
When I was trying to get EVERY medal in Project Gotham Racing. I was doing a lot of throwing around of my Xbox pad and it almost costed me a controller out of frustration. But it's ok now
:)

Plewis
03-26-2002, 11:00 AM
one time I dropped my controller hard. The only thing that happened is when I play halo multiplayer with that controller. It shots a round of the assault rifle automatically. If you hit the R button once it stops though. But for the most part the xbox controllers where made to be dropped:D I almost broke a couple while playing halo level 3... when you get inside the ship, and 3 of those sword elites come in, and some grunts. They always hack me when I am looking the other way. That was only on heroic too:D , ok I am really not that good at halo... shut up! I tried:D

RudedogX
03-26-2002, 11:06 AM
My controller's feedback function started to be on continuously and wouldn't turn off. Eventually it actually started to smoke (I am not lying with this)! I turned off the XBox and unplugged the controller to see if I could figure out what was happening. The controller smelled like it burning plastic. I ended up having to throw it out b/c the buttons and sticks wouldn't work anymore and it would constantly shake. I just think it's one of those unlucky draws.

Azazel
03-26-2002, 04:17 PM
Believe it or not my controller actually disinigrated in my hand. (Kinda like in Blade when the vampires get killed). There I was playing the best game on xbox (kabuki Warriors) and poof controller went into ashes cord and all.

Hope u guys have better luck than me!

Snoopy7548
03-26-2002, 05:01 PM
i have to press the a button prety hard on one of my controllers to get it to work.

NomadLLama
03-26-2002, 11:29 PM
darn. u guys seem to not have too good a luck with the controller. well, if it was made to be dropped, and tampered with, i gues that mine okay. i was just being really rough with the d-pad tho.