PDA

View Full Version : whoaaaaa..xbox reading our brains?

DZNUTZ
03-26-2002, 11:41 AM
IBVA Technologies has brought their brain tracking technology to the Microsoft Xbox.

The gamers concentrate on lapses, the IBVA catches it and pulls the handbrake!

"We've been waiting for this for over a decade," said Drew DeVito, President of IBVA Technologies, Inc. "There is finally a consumer product that has the power to do everything we've always wanted to do with braintracking in the home."

Stephen Hawking said in an interview last year, 'We must develop as quickly as possible technologies that make possible a direct connection between brain and computer, so that artificial brains contribute to human intelligence rather than opposing it.'

"I'm not sure if Mr. Hawking knew how close we are to that now in the affordable consumer market," said DeVito, "The Xbox really brings a level of technology into the home that we didn't think could hit the $299 price range in this day and age. But Bill Gates did it, and we are ready to run with it."

"We can bring hard core brain tracking technology to the Xbox." DeVito added, "We've currently got some good braintracking running right now on the Xbox that truly brings a new game experience that most gamers could never have imagined before. For instance if you're racing along in Project Gotham or Rallisport, and your concentration is broken, our system will pick that up and kick in the handbrake to spin your control out of your hands. We can also attach that to the gas pedal, or do both, or do it in reverse! It's wild stuff, and we want to go much further. But we've gone about as far as we can without Microsoft's help. We understand how important the Xbox is as a home technology and want to bring in brain/computer interface technology to the Xbox as soon as possible. This kind of gaming technology is truly in the spirit of the Xbox. I'm asking Mr. Gates to help bring this technology to the masses via Xbox technologies. It's time to bring gaming off the screen and into your head."

Shockwave's Thought: I'm gonna have to go rent "Lawnmower Man" and take notes
Cesar's Thought: I thought the PlayStation 2 was the console that had the "Emotion Engine"

DIGITAL
03-26-2002, 11:46 AM
umm what do we plug something into the back of our heads,sounds like the start of the matrix