PDA

View Full Version : *** Controller

Yolo
03-26-2002, 02:49 PM
Watch out for the MadCatz Controller. I just had the right trigger bust on me. Now I feel stupid after everyone warned me not to buy a 3Party Controller... :mad:

monkeyman
03-26-2002, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Yolo
Watch out for the MadCatz Controller. I just had the right trigger bust on me. Now I feel stupid after everyone warned me not to buy a 3Party Controller... :mad:

whats this doing in the shooting game thread thingy??

Yolo
03-26-2002, 03:20 PM
I mean really... I suppose if your obsessive compulsive, yes I put this in the wrong category. But please...

I broke it during Halo. There, does that make it better????

:D :eek:

Alien
03-26-2002, 05:20 PM
My friend's broke also. Cheap lil pieces of plastic!:mad:

ShannonX
03-26-2002, 09:45 PM
glad i have 3 official controllers =)

monkeyman
03-27-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Yolo
I mean really... I suppose if your obsessive compulsive, yes I put this in the wrong category. But please...

I broke it during Halo. There, does that make it better????

:D :eek:

wtf is wrong with you i just asked whats this doing here jesus *******

Yolo
03-27-2002, 04:02 PM
No hard feelings. Just felt like be funny at your expense. I'll give you one free melee to the back of the head...

Tiger
03-27-2002, 11:55 PM
Yolo,

I should have a very special weapon for you all on Monday night. I'm picking up a Japanese Xbox controller on friday night! You might be interested yourself. It's very similar to the Madcatz one you had. Nearly identical in size and button layout but this badboy is made by Microsoft themselves. Let me know if you want one and i'll pick one up for you as well. The only drawback is the price. They're $50:( But really, how much is $50 when you can be the coolest kid on the block with your very own Japanese controller? :)

Tiger

Triplex
03-28-2002, 09:48 AM
whoopty doo, XBox Controller S comes out, anyone can get it.

I have 4 OFFICIAL Xbox Controllers, and ill get Controller S soon, and i am still baffled about how someone would intentionly go out to the store, with money in their hand, pick up a 3rd party (no, not Xbox/ Microsoft) in their hands, then ACTUALLY walk to the check out, and then (this is crazy) give the cashier the money for the piece of **** controller. You people are crazy, just get the real controller. Doesnt it look funny sitting next to the other controllers. Me and my friend together have 8 official controllers, and if one of my friends went out and bought one these 3rd party controllers we'd kick his ass just cuz he set it down next to ours.

You people are crazy :rolleyes:

Yolo
03-28-2002, 06:26 PM
The only defense I have for that is when you have 20 guys at your house and all of the contollers walk off, it really darn easy to see which guy has left with my contoller. And to the discredit of your mighty "Holier Than Thou" X-Box controller, we currently have one with a broken digital pad and another with a randomly bum right trigger (like to shot off a couple of rounds on it's own.) So don't be so quick to shoot down 3rd Party stuff when even Bill Gate's products don't come through for us. To further get my point across, read this funny story someone sent me...

Enjoy!
At a recent computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated, "If GM had kept up with the technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25.00 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon." In response to Bill's comments, General Motors issued a press release stating, "If GM
had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics:
1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash twice a day.
2. Every time they painted new lines on the road, you would have to buy a new car.
3. Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull over to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.
4. Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.
5. Only one person at a time could use the car unless you bought "CarNT," but then you would have to buy more seats.
6. Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive -- but it would only run on five percent of the roads.
7. The oil, water temperature and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "general protection fault" warning light.
8. The airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.
9. Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the antenna.
10. GM would require all car buyers to also purchase a deluxe set of Rand McNally Road maps (now a GM subsidiary), even though they neither need nor want them. Attempting to delete this option would immediately cause the car's performance to diminish by 50 percent or more. Moreover, GM would become a target for investigation by the Justice Department.
11. Every time GM introduced a new car, car buyers would have to learn to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.
12. You'd have to press the "start" button to turn the system off!

NomadLLama
03-28-2002, 11:15 PM
Yolo, dude did u know that Madcatz has a lifetime warranty on their controllers? so just get another!

samslophead
03-29-2002, 09:04 AM
Hey guys, I have something to through a wrench into the "OFFICIAL" gearworks. I have always been the guy who only buys "official" hardware for my systems. I don't like the 3rd party stuff...it just seems to shady. However, I have 4 official microsoft controllers, and one of them is faulty. Like someone else mentioned in this post, my controller has a messed up L trigger and it kind of just freaks out sometimes. In addition, the rumble pack in the controller is kind of sick i think...it doesn't exactly rumble anymore...it just makes this buzzing sound like there is a wasp trapped in it. I'll have to check that out. It's weird though, I take really good care of my stuff...anyone else had this problem?

Huckleberry
03-29-2002, 10:41 AM
yeah...i have 4 original controllers, and one of them has a right trigger that sticks...you have to just sort of click it. it doesn't do it often, but it can be a pain in the *** being the shooting trigger and all.

Exatox
04-06-2002, 08:08 AM
everything dies out over time. Third party stuff just dies faster. This is true for nearly any system. Who would know better than the company who made it?