PDA

View Full Version : Proof that Xbox is 4-5 times more powerful than the gaycube.

Mothumos
09-04-2001, 01:54 AM
In a recent interview with DOA3's developer, he speaks out on how much more powerful the Xbox really is compared to the Gaycube and the PS2.

here http://cube.ign.com/news/35553.html

and http://www.computerandvideogames.com/story.cfm?sid=2832

and http://www.consolewire.com/news/item.asp?nid=1376

Rancey
09-04-2001, 02:00 AM
It's always good to here that from third party developers, their opinion matters loads.

Aaron
09-04-2001, 02:03 AM
Nice links... thanks for those moth

Mothumos
09-04-2001, 01:44 PM
Gaycube fans are all jealous.

addict733
09-04-2001, 02:15 PM
y do u keep posting that xbox is better then gamecube. we already know. so just get over it.

Aaron
09-04-2001, 03:21 PM
Cause we are trying to get through to some stubborn folks on the board

addict733
09-04-2001, 04:31 PM
oh ok.

Iceman
09-04-2001, 08:55 PM
You need that to tell you xbox is more powerfull!? I thought you were all big fans!

Koopa
09-04-2001, 10:09 PM
Thats just one man's opinion. I'm sure similar things come out of the mouthes of the members of Factor 5 regarding Gamecube's power, and from the mouthes of Naughty Dog members about the PS2. Sorry to be the stubborn one but this isn't "proof" of Xbox's superiority, and hardly proof thats its "4-5 times more powerful" If it's more powerful I bet its by a smaller margin.

Aaron
09-04-2001, 11:08 PM
I am THE xbox fan iceman :D

Mothumos
09-05-2001, 03:27 AM
Everybody that isn't a retard knows the Xbox is the most powerful console on the planet. Even gaycube fanboys, but they just pretend they're dumb to piss us off.

Door69
09-05-2001, 04:10 AM
gaycube fans suk

Manny
09-05-2001, 06:58 AM
Originally posted by Door69
gaycube fans suk

Right. Thanks for sharing that with us, I hope you'll now go out and get a life.

Right. This is no proof at all, as DOA3 is more about polygons than textures and everything really relevant to creating pretty graphics (polygons are, though, but they're only one part). Porting a game like DOA3 would definitely mean lower details, as there has to be made cuts in the polygon numbers.

If the game was started for GameCube and afterwards they changed the code to the Xbox, that would mean the graphics of THAT version would drop, because the GameCube is more about textures (it can handle 8 texture layers, Xbox 4).

And why do you take this so seriously? Is is really that important to creating a better gaming experience? I doubt it. I could do the same and say that a guy (forgot his name) said that the Xbox could never handle Rogue Leader @ a 60 fps.

dances with broom sticks
09-05-2001, 07:09 AM
well u see... quite a few of us enjoyed reading the article and commenting about it. and im pretty sure so did u (manny) or else we wouldnt have had to read that post of yours.
and in responce to what u said u could do about saying the guy (u cant remember name) said xbox couldnt handle rl@60fps... we would most defenetly laugh at u untill u gave us a link and the guys name...
and yes that (graphics) is pretty important in making a good gaming experience. i wouldnt want to, and i doubt u would either, play a game that had graphics like pong and pac man and other great atari games now. do u think many people would be hyped about doa3 if it was stick men on a flat surface? i seriously doubt it so yes graphics r just that important.

Koopa
09-05-2001, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by Manny

Right. Thanks for sharing that with us, I hope you'll now go out and get a life.

Right. This is no proof at all, as DOA3 is more about polygons than textures and everything really relevant to creating pretty graphics (polygons are, though, but they're only one part). Porting a game like DOA3 would definitely mean lower details, as there has to be made cuts in the polygon numbers.

If the game was started for GameCube and afterwards they changed the code to the Xbox, that would mean the graphics of THAT version would drop, because the GameCube is more about textures (it can handle 8 texture layers, Xbox 4).

And why do you take this so seriously? Is is really that important to creating a better gaming experience? I doubt it. I could do the same and say that a guy (forgot his name) said that the Xbox could never handle Rogue Leader @ a 60 fps.

YESSSS! SOMEONE AGREES WITH ME!:D

Manny
09-05-2001, 09:57 AM
LOL :lol

Marc
09-05-2001, 10:54 AM
Gamecube...is going to suck ****************

#Language Edit