PDA

View Full Version : Dang!!**UNOFFICIAL**Xbox sales in Europe

Wreckless
03-26-2002, 08:13 PM
Looks like( maybe not true ) Xbox sales are low in Europe!!

PLEASE SAY IT AINT SO!!!

LOOK HERE:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/54/24592.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox may not be playing too well in Europe, according to a report at Heise News. Quoting figures from Markt für Computer- und Videospiele, the report suggests that only small quantities of the machines were actually sold in the immediate post-launch period in FRance and Germany.

In the first three days in Germany MCV says only 10,000 Xboxes got into the hands of consumers, and this position was mirrored in France. In the UK it chalked up a healthier 48,000 in the first three days. MCV speculates however that large quantities of machines will have been bought by dealers; so although they might show up in any sales claims Microsoft makes (it hasn't, yet), they're only real say when (or if) they go out of the shop door.

MCV compares the Xbox European rollout to the Playstation 2 launch. In November 2000, around 140,000 units were sold in Germany and the UK. Meanwhile, recent Japanese sales figures have shown Xbox sales flattening fairly swiftly after a post-launch spike. ®

Xbox Owner
03-26-2002, 08:18 PM
I don't know why but that site doesn't look like a site you can trust.:confused: :eek:

egg
03-26-2002, 08:32 PM
SO All I care about is... I GOT MINES!!!!!!!!

XBOX Dude
03-26-2002, 08:38 PM
first off were the hell did these people get there info and second it is UNOFFICIAL because the people who wrote the article seem a little to presumptious and stupid, i would wait a few days and then go to a reliable site. if some one knows a really good site for sales figures please post.

MOlsen
03-27-2002, 08:26 AM
You have to be careful about the European press, but don't dismiss everything immediately. The sky is not falling on Xbox. Just as there are rapid pro-Europeans, and a residual number of anti-Europeans, there are pro and anti-American sentiments as well. Nobody ever said that Microsoft was going to pull of the Xbox adventure without a few bumps in the road. So anytime there looks like there will be a deviation from an ideal number, there are a bunch of folks who jump up and down and explain and generally make a nuisance of themselves because Microsoft missed a number somewhere. If the US gamers have a great time on Xbox, and it is a quality experience, the rest of the world will figure it out too, even if it takes them longer.

No worries mate. Play the Xbox, enjoy the great games, and invite your PS2 buddies over. Ignore their snide remarks. Their eyeballs and ear drums will get the message even if their brain doesn't. Also, I strongly recommend checking into broadband ...