PDA

View Full Version : HALO--how much fun have you had?

Wreckless
03-26-2002, 08:25 PM
I cant even imagine how many hours I have poured into HALO. Jeeezzz..... the other day my friend and I played co-op on Legendary from noon to 11. 11 hours of pour fun. No freeze up or overheats. I know now why I bought my Xbox!!

NomadLLama
03-26-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Wreckless
I cant even imagine how many hours I have poured into HALO. Jeeezzz..... the other day my friend and I played co-op on Legendary from noon to 11. 11 hours of pour fun. No freeze up or overheats. I know now why I bought my Xbox!!

wait, no overheats? how do u know if ur xbox overheated? after I play and feel the bottom, it feels hot enough!

Sonic
03-26-2002, 11:54 PM
my friend and i decided to do the same..6 hours..of halo tho..but we didnt kill the aliens..oh no... we went head to head with the warthogs.. DD style :)

Crazy Joe
03-27-2002, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by NomadLLama

wait, no overheats? how do u know if ur xbox overheated? after I play and feel the bottom, it feels hot enough!

if a system overheats, you'll know, it'll stop working. on Xbox though, apparently it warns you by flashing it's green light orange or something.

Rochey69r
03-27-2002, 12:47 AM
halo is the best game ever made!! :cool:

sinizuh
03-27-2002, 01:21 AM
let's see... i played it for about 2 weeks after launch... then didn't touch it for about 2 months... and then tried the warthog jump for about 2 days... and then haven't touched it since...

*yawn*

Rochey69r
03-27-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh
let's see... i played it for about 2 weeks after launch... then didn't touch it for about 2 months... and then tried the warthog jump for about 2 days... and then haven't touched it since...

*yawn*

well your just weird! :)

clownbow
03-27-2002, 02:58 AM
this is how much fun i have had so far.

JJaX
03-27-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by sinizuh

*yawn*

Get some friends and play some multiplayer. Beat it on legendary. Play co-op on legendary.

GRAVEDIGGER
03-27-2002, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Rochey69r
halo is the best game ever made!! :cool:

Ahhh...yes grasshopper...HALO is the best game for the XBOX....so far...untill HALO 2 hits stores:cool:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

ftyards
03-27-2002, 12:09 PM
I have spent alot of time on halo i beat it on normal and legendary know I am playing it an heroic. After beating legendary it just seems so easy to play on any other level.

E Nomini Patri
03-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Level 3 and 8 were a beast on Legendary, along with the insane level 9! Thank Bungie for Co-op!

DZNUTZ
03-27-2002, 01:48 PM
halo is absloutley mind blowing..i can't get enuff...well wait ..yes i can...see i do think it is the best game available...but i dig multiplayer w/friends....and since i live out in bumfuct eygyt now...away from my folks...i rarely have that oppurtunity...not as many gaming friends as i'd like to have...but as soon as XOL is up and running (or if i decide to by the equipment necissary to play via xboxconnector or gamespy) its on and banging!!!!! and i'm comming after all the XBA's first!!

l Maximus l
03-27-2002, 01:56 PM
I bought Halo the day it came out..even before I bought my XBox and it is still my #1 game! I own 11 games now and I play Halo every single day, seemingly. There may have been a few days that I didn't play it in the fourth month time frame...but, I can honestly say that there is no other game on my XBox that has ramped up the amount of hours that I have spent with Halo! Not even close!! But, I have many hours on Azurik, Amped, and Rallisport Challenge so far...

Halo on Gamespy and XBoxconnector is just amazing!! I love playing Halo's multiplayer!!

But, here's a thought...imagine what 3rd generation XBox games are going to be like! :eek: I mean, we are all probably going to look back at the greatness of Halo and wonder why we all thought it was such an amazing game! I mean, yes, it will always be an amazing game, but, I would bet that the future games coming out will definately put it to shame! Just wait and see!

Unreal Championship and Brute Force are already going to give Halo a run for it's money! I can't wait to see what happens!!! :)

ecco
03-27-2002, 02:25 PM
I bought Halo & DOA3 the day DOA3 came out. Lucky I did, too. When I went to pick up my Xbox, EB was totally sold out of Halo/DOA3.

Frink
03-27-2002, 03:06 PM
I've had more fun with Halo than I've had with a Barrel of Monkeys. Trust me that is a lot of fun.

Sickplaya
03-27-2002, 08:21 PM
I've had a jolly good splendid time.

NomadLLama
03-27-2002, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
Level 3 and 8 were a beast on Legendary, along with the insane level 9! Thank Bungie for Co-op!

Yes they were! actually they were all hard except for on easy. my newbie friend had trouble in level 3 on normal! actually, it was becuase all of the marines died and u had to snipe the grunt on the turret, but 4 elites were guarding and the only way to hit them was to get on the side of the tree that was covering him. when he moved to hit them, the elites shot him and the turret killed him. no grenades either! so we picked up an active camoflague. funny how they knew we were there tho.

Spike Minoda
03-27-2002, 11:48 PM
I had too much fun on halo. every guy in my neighborhood has already mastered it at my house and we all kick some serious ass!

I probably have 480 hours on it and i have only had xbox since Jan.

fanofslipknotib
03-28-2002, 02:18 PM
I think I play too much Halo for my own good.....NAH!

darianX
03-28-2002, 02:19 PM
Spent probably around 30 real-time hours playing it through, then I traded it in. No different than most other games. I had no interest in online play because 1) don't have cable/dsl and never will in my area and 2) i've already played games like this online and I don't see how this one is different.

I can already feel the flames at my @ss for saying that....:) Really, if you've played Quake, UT or Half-Life and it's many mods online, you've already played Halo. It was a good game, but I think other games deserve as much attention, accolades, and sales as Halo, JSRF and Gunvalkyrie come to mind immediately. Well, that's my 2 pennies worth...I'm installing a heat shield for my backside now....:eek: