PDA

View Full Version : Some new light on MGSX?

AlBoogy
03-27-2002, 12:12 AM
http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1017169372,9488,

Click on the link. Tell me what you think. I don't know if this is solid confirmation but I guess it's interesting news nonetheless. I'm waiting for E3. If there still isn't any new news on either MGSX OR ahem ahem GTA3, then I personally think they will never come.

AlBoogy
03-27-2002, 10:22 AM
No one interested?

bump

Toder
03-27-2002, 10:34 AM
I"ve played this game a little bit over at my friends house when it first came out and seems like a very fun game to play. And from that article it seems very possible that the game is coming to the xbox. And when it does i'm definately picking this one up.

JJaX
03-27-2002, 10:52 AM
I'D say thats a solid confirmation about solid snake heading to Xbox.

Sweet!

Sonic
03-27-2002, 11:08 AM
hellz ya!

im tired of my friend bad mouthin the xbox cuz we dont have MSG2 or GTA3 but this will change!!!

DZNUTZ
03-27-2002, 11:11 AM
i already own em both for ps2...so that leaves me with the dilema if they do come out....are they worth shelling out another 50 for a better version?

l Maximus l
03-27-2002, 12:03 PM
Dudes....to my understanding, the new Medal Gear Solid X is going to be almost a completely different game! You can be different characters, there will be more levels, more weapons, improved graphics and detail...and, if I remember correctly, I understand they are even adding multi-player!

So, DZNUTZ....yes!! I'm not sure about GTA3, though :)

JJaX
03-27-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Dudes....to my understanding, the new Medal Gear Solid X is going to be almost a completely different game! You can be different characters, there will be more levels, more weapons, improved graphics and detail...and, if I remember correctly, I understand they are even adding multi-player!

So, DZNUTZ....yes!! I'm not sure about GTA3, though :)

I think you've been misinformed MaX. Im almost postive it will be mgs2 with some new areas to explore. i dont see Multiplayer being a option. Infact i dont see multiplayer in the metal gear series ever.

Crazy Joe
03-27-2002, 12:56 PM
what i understand is that once you beat the game, you have the option of playing the game as Solid Snake, apparently it's like a whole new game, that would explain why it is taking so long to come out.

JJaX
03-27-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Gortholomew
what i understand is that once you beat the game, you have the option of playing the game as Solid Snake, apparently it's like a whole new game, that would explain why it is taking so long to come out.

You are solid snake..........................

And no thats not why the game is taking so long..

Crazy Joe
03-27-2002, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

You are solid snake..........................

And no thats not why the game is taking so long..

i personally haven't played so you may be right, but this magazine says you play as someone named Raiden first time through, then you can play as Snake, which you can't do on the PS2.

http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9012&highlight=metal+gear+solid

DZNUTZ
03-27-2002, 01:42 PM
SPOILER AHEAD!!!!!!!!!

sorry i hate long blank posts..but didn't want ya'll to read this if u want to experience 100% mgs on xbox and you've been living under a rock for some time now and you didn's know...in MGS2 for PS2 your main character is NOT snake....and thats all i'm gonna give away.

egg
03-27-2002, 02:59 PM
[UPDATE] ? We have now received word that the game will feature extra sections for you to play with Solid Snake. If the PS2 game was classed as one of the best gaming experiences of all-time, what will a majorly updated and enhanced version be classed as? ?The Best Gaming Experience of All Time???

Allthough I played and beat it already!! Some bonus stuff is always good//

X-Factor
03-27-2002, 03:09 PM
I think some of you have been Beguiled. MGSX is just an enhanced version of it's Ps2 counterpart, MGS2. The only "Xbox Xtras" in MGSX will be improved graphics (lighting, shading, etc.), xtra areas to explore, and the ability to play out the entire game with Solid Snake.

I ensure you all, Solid Snake will make an appearance on Xbox! http://www.lamer.net/headbang.gif

wweomaniac
03-27-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy
http://www.xboxgamers.com/newspro/fullnews.cgi?newsid1017169372,9488,

Click on the link. Tell me what you think. I don't know if this is solid confirmation but I guess it's interesting news nonetheless. I'm waiting for E3. If there still isn't any new news on either MGSX OR ahem ahem GTA3, then I personally think they will never come.

UPDATE] – We have now received word that the game will feature extra sections for you to play with Solid Snake. If the PS2 game was classed as one of the best gaming experiences of all-time, what will a majorly updated and enhanced version be classed as? “The Best Gaming Experience of All Time”??

Really????... i know I have my eyes set on e3. Its bound to give us information on some of the talked aboot games coming out in 2002. Let's jsut hope that MSGX is one of them...

BTW.... strange that I've never seen you in these forums.

MIAMI HURRICANES ROCK!!! THEY'RE MY FAVORITE FOOTBALL TEAM IN GENERAL!!!

Crazy Joe
03-27-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
The only "Xbox Xtras" in MGSX will be improved graphics (lighting, shading, etc.), xtra areas to explore, and the ability to play out the entire game with Solid Snake.

"only"?, you can't ask for too much more than that when talking about extra stuff. I mean playing through the entire game from a completely different point of view, extra areas and better graphics. that sounds just great to me.

X-Factor
03-27-2002, 03:20 PM

"only"?, you can't ask for too much more than that when talking about extra stuff. I mean playing through the entire game from a completely different point of view, extra areas and better graphics. that sounds just great to me. Well, I'm just saying that if you already own MGS2 for Ps2, then MGSX isn't going to captivate you.

Crazy Joe
03-27-2002, 03:22 PM
i would think that playing the game as Snake would captivate a lot of people.

X-Factor
03-27-2002, 03:45 PM
i would think that playing the game as Snake would captivate a lot of people. ahhh, yes...mullets are just so captivating! http://www.lamer.net/laugh.gif

Frink
03-27-2002, 07:11 PM
From what I have heard you will be able to play as Solid Snake throughout the whole game. I actually didn't buy it for PS2 because I heard about MGSX. I hope it comes out, it is sounding likely. The only reason I didn't like MGS was because of Raiden. I really prefer Solid Snake. From the sounds of it this game is going to be great.

AlBoogy
03-27-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac

BTW.... strange that I've never seen you in these forums.

MIAMI HURRICANES ROCK!!! THEY'RE MY FAVORITE FOOTBALL TEAM IN GENERAL!!!

Never seen me? Hmmmm, I've been around for quite a while. It's alright though. The Canes are the greatest!

To get back on topic for a second,, I think I'm with everyone on this when I say who the hell cares who we are playing with. As long as we are playing it! I could be using Roseanne Barr as the main character and it won't matter as long as im sneaking up behind someone and snapping somones neck! Ok maybe Roseanne isn't such a good example, but you get the idea.