PDA

View Full Version : Handheld XBox - Mira ???

wheatus-frog-uk
03-27-2002, 04:34 AM
Hi,

Last night im my local newspaper there was an article about the Xbox, and this new system - Mira...

The article is typed up below:

Revoloution in home entertainment - Xbox

Microsoft has launched a new home entertainment gadget which it says will revelutionise entertainment. The gadget, a new wireless device codenamed Mira, is a cross between a handhelp computer and a TV remote control. Bill Gates showed off the device during his speech to open the International Consumer Electronics Ahow in Las Vegas. He claimed the concept wireless device would change the face of entertainment by tranferring home PC content on to a mobile platform. Mira promises to deliver internet content, access music files and serve as a portable game player when used with Microsoft's XBox video game console. Exact prices and availablity dates have not been disclosed but Microsfot officials say consumers can expect to see similar products within a year or so. Gates played a video clip showing how a family could use such a device - featuring a father using it in the living room to work on a spreadsheet; a teenage daughter using it to listen to music in her bedroom; and the mother using it in the kitchen to check the weather. "It goes anywhere in the house, entertainment will never be the same again," Mr Gates said. He also announced that Microsoft had sold 1.5 million XBox consoles during the holiday season, and claimed it was the most sucessful game console launch ever. Microsoft expects to see six million consoles by the end of 2002.

I guess the figures are UK figures as this was in a UK newspaper... but 'Mira' has got me really excited... cant wait for more info; a price and realease date cant be to far away surly ?!?!

lol

thanks

dan

Hugh_Jass
03-27-2002, 12:31 PM
This was announced at Comdex 2001 back in November.

Here is a link with some info for those interested:

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/embedded/ce.NET/evaluation/news/fromms/mira.asp

DZNUTZ
03-27-2002, 12:35 PM
i'll have to wait and see...but boy do i love my high tech gagdets..

hey..anyone that might be of help...i read in the new xboxnation that you can play shinobi on my compaq ipaq....anywhere know where, off hand..that i can find where to download this to my ipaq.

spy_spirit
03-27-2002, 03:12 PM
yea I've seen it on tv it seems cool!

DIGITAL
03-27-2002, 05:30 PM
wonder how much thats gonna go for at leat a 1000 bucks,an are you sure it can play xbox games

Hugh_Jass
03-27-2002, 06:17 PM
1) It's a concept product. Most claims about concept products are crap.

2) Just because it's from Microsoft and is capable of playing games does not mean it is compatible with XBOX. MS also makes Solataire, arguably the most popular video game ever created.