PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy the Japanese Controller?

Cannibal Corpse
03-27-2002, 07:10 AM
...Or wait for the "S" version (due in April in USA).
I already have MAD KATZ Pro version (with the Macro button and Rubber Grips).

Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

Hugh_Jass
03-27-2002, 12:41 PM
I thought you bought a Japanese XBOX? Didn't it come with a controller?

l Maximus l
03-27-2002, 12:45 PM
Well, after much thought, I am, personally, going to pass on the "S" XBox controller. I really love the normal XBox controllers and, the way I see it, why get rid of a good thing? I have three genuine XBox controllers and will probably buy a fourth sometime soon.

Though, I would like to atleast test the "S" Controller out....maybe they will have one on display...hopefully at a functional gaming kiosk to really test it out :)

Crazy Joe
03-27-2002, 12:51 PM
the biggest problem i see with the 'S' controller is that the black and white buttons are underneath the others, instead of above. This introduces big problems when trying to switch in between the 'S' and the regular controller. You get used to one and trying to use the other you would run into problems, hitting Y instead of white, or white instead of A. I'm only getting used to one, and law of averages says anyone i visit is likely to have the original controllers, at least 1.

Cannibal Corpse
03-27-2002, 12:55 PM
Well, I sold the Japanese LE system the very next day I bought it :( So I couldn't remember the pad's layout. Thanks for the responses though...