PDA

View Full Version : Where is all the news?

crazyotto
03-27-2002, 09:08 AM
Every time I check this site lately all there is for news is Pak winners. Is there no xbox news in the real world outside this site? I like to get all my xbox needs in one place. Not to go to forums here and news there. I don't have that much time in my day to surf the web. This isn't a complaint just a question. I still think is one of the best xbox sites.

JJaX
03-27-2002, 09:27 AM
Do you think you're really gonna get a answer for this question? If theres no news to report theres nothing wrong with reporting news thats local to this site.

terrapin
03-27-2002, 09:32 AM
This is a quiet time and there really isn't much news to report. All major game companies become silent before E3 so that they can build hype for the show. Don't worry once E3 starts kicking there will be news aplenty. :)

crazyotto
03-27-2002, 09:39 AM
Im not bashing this site, and there is news I guess I just have to look for it.

JJaX
03-27-2002, 09:46 AM
But liek terrapin said, Once E3 comes around News is gonna be overwhelming. Where gonna finaly see what MS has been up to. I cant wait, When is E3 again? MAY??

terrapin
03-27-2002, 09:57 AM
yep...middle of may. Not sure of the excat dates and to lazy to search (sorry)

JJaX
03-27-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by terrapin
yep...middle of may. Not sure of the excat dates and to lazy to search (sorry)

ME TOO! Thats why i asked :D

Ninja Scroll
03-27-2002, 11:44 AM
Everyones is right about it being a slow down time for gaming news. Believe me, if there was something to post on the homepage the XBA Staff would.
Like they addict comrades said, E3 is just right around the corner so it looks like most of the news will be kept secret until this summer.
But it's not like nothing else will be posting other than contest winners playa.

:)

l Maximus l
03-27-2002, 11:53 AM
Actually, there was a major video game conference last weekend in San Jose last weekend! I work part-time with a dude that is a hardcore gamer that actaully flew down there to visit the conference...he signed up to actually be one of the staff organizers. Anyway, he brought back a bunch of pictures and stuff and said that the XBox had an overwhelming presence there!

He said that everywhere one would turn, there would be an XBox kiosk, signs, special equipment and displays....and tons of other XBox things. In fact, Microsoft even brought in an escalator! You know, a moving staircase to get up into a special gaming area...I guess the entire escalator was made out of the XBox logo...just a huge green "X" with lighting effects and tons of other things.

Playstation had a relatively strong presence as well. Nintendo only had a few kiosks and that was it. Not even a sign. But, major developers were there like Tecmo, Activision, Rockstar, Digital Anvil, and many other companies. Even Gamespy had a big kiosk there. He said he had the time of his life!! :D

MaddenFanatic
03-27-2002, 12:08 PM
dates are May 21-23 for the conference and
May 22-24 for the exposition

Brevity
03-27-2002, 12:16 PM
You know I love this site for many reasons,,,,,that said I turn to Teamxbox first for latebreaking news. They get stuff out everyday even now. I have several other places I check and then if its good I put it here in the forums for all the people who look here only for news. Anyway cant wait till E3 and this site is great.