PDA

View Full Version : Region Unlocking Your Xbox, Yes It Can be Done

Tyler_Durton
03-27-2002, 05:57 PM
Hi Guys
I new to this forum so I firstly want to say to everyone.
Across My Journey in Cyber Space I came across a copy of Region X, it unlocks the region protection on the Xbox. And from what it looks like it seems pretty sweet.
here's a pick
http://images.reserve.co.uk/www/public/images/photo/xbox/dvd_region_xbox.gif

Here's some flavor text about it..
The version of the DVD Region X for Xbox is here. This useful tool will allow you to play DVD Movies from around the world on your PAL machine. Now you can catch the latest DVD releases from the States months before they're released in the UK! Using DVD Region X could not be easier, it doesn't involve any modification to your Xbox and will not void your warranty. All you need to do is load up the CD select the region you require and away you go, the perfect add-on for your Xbox and perfect if you love movies! Some older TVs may not support NTSC mode. See pages 18 & 19 for more.

Well hope this helps the PAL users, perhaps you NTSC ppl should contact the manufacture an see if they can get you a US release version.

Gday to all.
Cheers
Tyler

l Maximus l
03-27-2002, 05:59 PM
Hey, Tyler! Welcome to the best XBox website on the net! This site has some of the most insane XBox fans anywhere :D

By the way, the information you provided is awesome! Very cool, dude :)

Snoopy7548
03-27-2002, 06:00 PM
i wouldnt buy it, id much rather download movies from irc or aol and watch them on my comp, or burn them to a vcd and watch them on my dvd player, for free:D

Toder
03-27-2002, 06:15 PM
Welcome to the forums Tyler Durton.

I'd like to know more information about this. Could you maybe provide a link of where you found this.

Hugh_Jass
03-27-2002, 06:20 PM
VCD can't hold a candle to DVD in terms of quality.

I've seen Region X advertised online before. I don't think it was expected to be released until May. I hope it does come out, but I'll be surprised if it can really do what it claims.

BTW -- it's Tyler Durden (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0137523)

wweomaniac
03-27-2002, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
VCD can't hold a candle to DVD in terms of quality.

I've seen Region X advertised online before. I don't think it was expected to be released until May. I hope it does come out, but I'll be surprised if it can really do what it claims.

BTW -- it's Tyler Durden (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0137523)

WHAT?!?! its not an issue about quality (DVD could kick any other media's ass), but you can encode DiVx's that you download off the internet into mpgs and burn them as VCDs. If XBOX supported VCD... I would pay maybe an extra $30 USD for it.

VCDs rock!!

Durden-XBA
03-28-2002, 06:54 AM
Ummm... It's DURDEN.

*Posted by the offical Durden of XBA. *Sheesh*

E-Vader
03-28-2002, 07:03 AM
Posted By Maximus

Hey, Tyler! Welcome to the best XBox website on the net! This site has some of the most insane XBox fans anywhere

Insane?

Muwahahahahahahaha

"Oh I see"

Hugh_Jass
03-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by wwfomaniac

WHAT?!?! its not an issue about quality (DVD could kick any other media's ass), but you can encode DiVx's that you download off the internet into mpgs and burn them as VCDs. If XBOX supported VCD... I would pay maybe an extra $30 USD for it.

VCDs rock!!

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

VCD is about the same quality as VHS. And most of the VCDs I've seen are full-frame and not the original aspect ratio. Those issues are too serious for me to ignore.

I don't care if they are "free". My time is too valuable for me to spend watching VCD. But if you like VCD, more power to you.

baggachipz
03-28-2002, 11:05 AM
... specifically for watching the Futurama dvd's that they're releasing in the UK only in PAL format.

Major bummer!:mad:

Snoopy7548
03-28-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

I think we're going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

VCD is about the same quality as VHS. And most of the VCDs I've seen are full-frame and not the original aspect ratio. Those issues are too serious for me to ignore.

I don't care if they are "free". My time is too valuable for me to spend watching VCD. But if you like VCD, more power to you.

youre so wrong, first, i dont even own vcds, but i know that vcds arent only "limited" to vhs quality. there are diffrent types, like svcd. there are vcds that have dvd quality, but theyre on like 2-3 discs, which isnt really a problem if u can get them for free. and there are also widescreen svcds u can download from places, i wont tell u where though:D

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 07:14 PM
Yeah, show me an anamorphic VCD with a DTS ES track then we'll talk.

VenoM
03-29-2002, 01:01 AM
sure wish xbox can play svcds :(

Hugh_Jass
03-29-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Yeah, show me an anamorphic VCD with a DTS ES track then we'll talk.

Exactly. I've never seen a VCD with anything better than Dolby Pro-Logic.

I popped one in last night. The movie came on two discs and the picture quality was abysmal. Most of the text on the screen was illegible.

VCD is fine for playing in a window on your PC but it is simply unwatchable on anything larger.