PDA

View Full Version : stuttering

Sickplaya
03-27-2002, 08:18 PM
Does anyone know the reason behind games stuttering, i own a pal xbox, when i play halo the game stutters like crazy at times, so does rallisport during replays. it gives me the ****s, ps2 and dreamcast dont do this.

LynxFX
03-27-2002, 08:26 PM
I'm sure you will get this alot but I'll be the first.

My Xbox which I've had for 4 months now and have logged umteen hours on it and it has yet to falter, skip, hic-up, smoke, overheat, sputter, squeak or verbally insult me.

Just a quick question, but are you treating your game discs like frisbees or do you actually take care of stuff you own? No offense but I've seen so many people grab the discs like they were holding playing cards and with finger prints and ultimately scratches you put on the discs it will skip.

AlBoogy
03-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Well if sony keeps up the same crap they did with the original playstation, your ps2 will be stuttering real soon. I had to put that thing sideways, upsidedown,on a shirt, covering it with a shirt, putting it on the floor, etc... for that thing just to work. Anyway, I think the reason is because the lens isnt all that great. Or maybe your discs are just real dirty. I would call xbox hotline and see what they say.

Sickplaya
03-27-2002, 08:28 PM
No you stupid ass!!!

the games load fine without a hint of a scratch on them.

i mean the games stutter like computer games do sometimes, nothing to do with my handling of the disks

Sickplaya
03-27-2002, 08:31 PM
for example, while watching replays on rallysport, the game tends to jolt a bit like slowdown but more riggid

LynxFX
03-27-2002, 08:39 PM
Alright numb nuts, maybe you didn't read the part about 'no offense' meaning I was asking a legitiment question about how you handle the games so that maybe, oh maybe, we could help you. But you have to bring attitude.

You got two responses. Both helpful. That's enough from me.

khaos2005
03-27-2002, 09:10 PM
Generally, when people "complain" about problems with the Xbox, they seem to always throw in the "my PS2/GCN/DC don't ever do this". Many people also notice that they have a low post count, which doesn't really matter, but it is odd that it always seems to happen like that. Just an observation. And there is no need to get mouthy with the people here.

Crazy Joe
03-27-2002, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by Sickplaya
No you stupid ass!!!

hey, no need to be an as*hole, no one's gonna be your friend if you keep lipping like that.

Sickplaya
03-27-2002, 09:45 PM
um sorray, but i do own an xbox, i just sold my ps2 last month.

I think the xbox is sweet, I asked one simple question but some of you idiots cant give a straight answer. if you cant answer my question without ridiculing me then don't bother.

Kleen
03-27-2002, 09:53 PM
Does anyone know the reason behind games stuttering, i own a pal xbox, when i play halo the game stutters like crazy at times, so does rallisport during replays. it gives me the ****s, ps2 and dreamcast dont do this.

Yup, you're right. I'm on my third repair. They better just replace it this time. RAW has problems, NBA 2K2 & KK2002 are unplayable.

Xtopia
03-27-2002, 11:00 PM
Yup, you're right. I'm on my third repair. They better just replace it this time. RAW has problems, NBA 2K2 & KK2002 are unplayable

Ya, watch me try and believe you!

*Xtopia tries his very hardest to believe!*

*Xtopia tries even harder!!*

*Xtopia tries even harder!!!*

Sorry! It just aint workin! I can not seem to beleive you!

GokuX
03-27-2002, 11:10 PM
Yes, the replay in RS does stutter occasionally. Other games have spots where you'll get a noticable slowdown for like a second maybe. I think it's just related to disk reading nothing to worry about. Hope this helps out. Any news on that 3rd repair yet kleen?

TRUE_GAMER
03-27-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Kleen

Yup, you're right. I'm on my third repair. They better just replace it this time. RAW has problems, NBA 2K2 & KK2002 are unplayable.

If you are your 3rd repair maybe mommy should have bought you some G.I. Joes. Cause Damn Kids really shouldn't be playing with adults stuff.

Sickplaya
03-27-2002, 11:35 PM
thanks guys,it doesnt really worry me enough to take it for repairs, i'll just wait and see what happens.

GokuX
03-27-2002, 11:48 PM
Well Kleen U do get something for all of your troubles:

http://technodine.20m.com/jag/sog/jip/son/paq/hp/dell/service3.gif

Rochey69r
03-28-2002, 12:27 AM
No you stupid ass!!!

the games load fine without a hint of a scratch on them.

i mean the games stutter like computer games do sometimes, nothing to do with my handling of the disks

sickplaya you will learn to have respect for our XBA members.

if you dont no one will help you around the forums.
lynxfx along with a lot of the XBA members are my friends. i dont take kindly to redneck punks like you that come here with 10 posts and start giving lip. its called respect LEARN IT!!!! :mad:

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 01:42 AM
Sickplaya has been here only one day and wins!!! Wow!! Congratulations!!!

http://www.bgmonline.com/2000/nov2000/gallagher.gif

:D

Muabdi'b
03-28-2002, 02:03 AM
Sickplaya, How old is your Xbox? Is it new or used?
Dirty discs will do this. Halo has never failed me. NFL2K2 locks once every 5 hours of play(not straight). DOA3 movies sometimes stutters. JSRF runs great with no probs.

I think some of the first Xboxs dont work as well as the later versions. Hell, maybe my games are scratched just at the wrong places. I only use my toes when I load games.

Chr0nik
03-28-2002, 08:04 AM
No you stupid ass!!!

Sickplaya, better make sure your parents don't see the type of

language you are using on our boards, they might take away your

computer privledges, you little punk.;)

JJaX
03-28-2002, 10:58 AM
A YO Sickplaya!

Your natural reaction to anything seems to be violent and negative. Even when Lynfx asked you a harmless question to narrow down the trouble shooting process you still reacted like a wounded animal. Where you raped as a child? You must be pretty smoove with the ladies too, I can tell by your attitude :rolleyes: .

BTW, A real playa doesnt brag about being a playa, Aight playa?

Unless your just talking about you skillz in gamez, Then we all know your lying about that too. Little |3iTcH.......

Kleen
03-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
A YO Sickplaya!

Your natural reaction to anything seems to be violent and negative. Even when Lynfx asked you a harmless question to narrow down the trouble shooting process you still reacted like a wounded animal. Where you raped as a child? You must be pretty smoove with the ladies too, I can tell by your attitude :rolleyes: .

BTW, A real playa doesnt brag about being a playa, Aight playa?

Unless your just talking about you skillz in gamez, Then we all know your lying about that too. Little |3iTcH.......

Hee hee, funny. But seriously, Sickplaya, I was having the same problems with my XBOX. Two repairs fixed nothing (they said they changed the system board), it's on it's way back today from the third. I called 1800-4MYXBOX, and they said it was REPLACED this time. Nice, this one better work. :D

GokuX
03-28-2002, 06:17 PM
Good to hear they replaced it for you Kleen, hope this one works well for you.

Plewis
03-28-2002, 07:02 PM
y is everyone mad at him:D ... gosh everybody must be tense today;) ... but on the last couple levels of halo when there are like a ton of guys (especially on heroic and legendary) the game slows down a little bit... but guys calm down wouldnt u get mad if someone accused you of doing something as stupid as like smearing penutbutter on it, and playing hockey wit it?

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 07:08 PM
Like everyone else said, it was the lack of simple respect. No one accused him of mishandling his discs. It was a simple question to narrow down the problem. Believe me, there are tons of people out there that do treat their discs like hockey pucks.

He is way too new to start calling people names when they actually tried to help. Just common courtesy.

GRAVEDIGGER
03-28-2002, 10:57 PM
Dam son, you just got here and the fire is already at your heels?
hmm...that might not be a good thing, for i am the one who waits for you, at Hells Gates.

Well hopefully you get your problem fixed, if you do come back and let us know...but this time subtract the attitude:rolleyes:
'cause its too early for me to be digging your grave:cool:

BTW, Welcome to XBA forums
...enjoy your stay, while God lends you breath:mad:

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Kleen
03-29-2002, 09:00 AM
My XBOX used to stutter. Then M$ repaired it 3 times in three weeks. Now it's dead.

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 12:51 PM
Hey Sickplaya! Here's to your attitude: http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/flipa.gif