PDA

View Full Version : Is James Bond: Agent Under Fire worth getting?

murken
03-27-2002, 08:40 PM
According to the release calendar on this site, it doesn't look like there will be another fps released for a month or two. I haven't played previous Bond games in singleplayer, but have some time in on the multiplayer and have enjoyed it. So, for those of you who have rented or bought this game, is it worth buying to pass the time (between Halo multiplayer sessions, of course) until another fps releases?

Jacob
03-28-2002, 08:25 AM
I've bought it. The controls are totally different than Halo which is good and bad. Bad because it takes a while to get use to, but good for a new challenge. I actually like the game, but it's not like the best FPS of all time or anything close, but it's not in the oppostie direction or anything close to that. It's fun. I'm halfway through it now. The AI Computer in multiplay is good.

if your not sure..just rent it

PlatinmArgonate
03-28-2002, 06:06 PM
most bond games u can beat the single player mode in about 2-3 days i dunno if this one is any different. I like the fact that it has a multiplayer though. I think i am going to rent it first to see if it is any good.

VenoM
03-29-2002, 01:42 AM
didnt hear good things about this game...could of been way better i heard....not sure if i'll be getting this one

murken
03-29-2002, 06:57 AM
Thanks guys,

I appreciate your input.
I'm heading out tonight to get a copy - if it sucks, there's alwasys those used-games store to sell it to.
I'll post my verdict in a few days, if I don't have to work all of this weekend.

thanks again,

murken

murken
03-30-2002, 12:16 PM
FYI: I did get the game. the singleplayer will pass the time until the next great fps comes out; the multiplayer is awesome.

DT21
03-30-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by murken
FYI: I did get the game. the singleplayer will pass the time until the next great fps comes out; the multiplayer is awesome.
Could you please describe the controls in the game and how are the AI bots in the game? Thanks.

jimmy_page
03-30-2002, 05:57 PM
somebody said that when you shoot a person sometmes they don't respond. has anyone else noticed this?

studepaber
03-31-2002, 12:53 PM
I really don't understand why people are recommending this game unless they 'really' love the Bond series in general. The controls are so off in this game it hurts! At some points I had such a hard time aiming I wanted to throw my controller at the screen. On the multiplayer side if you want a fun 4 player fpser just settle with Halo until some other fps'ers come out this summer that are acutally worth getting (and playing). As far as teh whole bots addition is concerned, big whoop....why not have 8 or more bots going????? Come on EA take a little time and do things right for cryin out loud. People are going to start noticing your neglectance.

Halo Evolved
03-31-2002, 01:54 PM
I wasnn't too impressed with 007 when it first came out on Playstation 2...and seeing that the Xbox version has no extras it really isn't a game worth purchasing-possibly best for a rental.

ScorpionX
04-01-2002, 11:14 PM
That game is sooo easy. I beat it in one day even with those horrible controls. I glad I rented it because it was pretty boring. Also I don't like how you can see the bullets because it looks pretty dumb to me.

lennstro420
04-02-2002, 02:14 AM
all u have to do is change the setting to setting number 2.and it will be just like halo.SO TRY IT.i bout it with my easter money and not dissapointed.

xbaaddict
04-02-2002, 07:27 AM
I bought the game and i say its cool i beat it the first day i got it but its cool. The multiplayer ascence doesn't beat halos but its respective in letting you play against bots so you can play multiplayer by yourself and/or with 1 friend but you wont have to be against each other. I use seting 4 when i play it seems easier that way. But if you are in it for the single player action(now this is strictly my opinion)then you might want to rent it.

Narcissus
04-04-2002, 08:17 PM
In a word I would say NO! No, no and more no's! And if that doesn't convince you then I would be happy to sell you my copy!

Jacob
04-05-2002, 06:09 AM
The only extra that I think the xbox has is harder AI and AI in multiplayer with of course better resolution.

murken
04-07-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by DT21

Could you please describe the controls in the game and how are the AI bots in the game? Thanks.

There are 4 preset control options - setup 2 is basically like halo. the auto-aim can be extremely helpful when the enemy doesn't know you're there, but when they're running at you, it actually moves the crosshair randomly.
The bots in the game have 3 settings for aggressiveness and 3 levels for skill. the lowest of the 3 levels are pretty stupid, the highest levels shoot too perfect. the middle is just right or team up 2 or 3 bots at the low level against you.

I'd like to reiterate that this game really isn't worth getting unless you're a big bond fan or a big fps fan and can't wait 2 or 3 months until another fps comes out.

parlomolto
04-07-2002, 07:28 PM
Just in general - I have heard SOO many mixed things. I played it on GameCube at work - I KNOW I KNOW - I swear I won't play that awful console again! LOL! But it was half decent.

I think the thing to say about it is this - if you love Bond you'll love this game... if you like Bond you'll like this game... if you only want a REALLY good FPS then forget about this game - it is a Bond people's kinda game.

True - there are Bond lovers who don't love this game - I like it - and I LOVED GOLDENEYE 64 - but this game is decent.

But - hey - its no HALO!:p

Yannie Boy
04-11-2002, 01:46 PM
its a piece of **** don't get it. it's a waste of $50. if your gonna blow $50 get an other controller

J98GT
04-13-2002, 05:39 PM
This game is horrible. My freinds and I all play Halo southpaw, and there is no setting on AUF that is like southpaw, so to me, the controls are completely backwards. After playing for a total of two hours, My freinds and I realized the game wasn't worth getting used to the new controls. It is really bad. Levels are TINY, the guns sound like crap and aren't accurte AT ALL, you can see each bullet travel SLOWLY towards its target, and the graphics look too plain. I traded it 2 days after I got it, then two days later I noticed the guy I traded it to had it up for trade.

Twisted J
04-16-2002, 08:03 PM
i think it rules! yeah, the controlls are diffrent, but you can put it to set up 2 and it will be almost just like it (the sticks anywaY)
i personally love the game. people say its too easy, well then i must be a dumb ass, ive hadd it since saterday night and im on the 7th mission.
the multiplayer is awsome.