PDA

View Full Version : What Color is your XBOX?

Xbox Masta 4
03-27-2002, 09:31 PM
I know Everyone may be asking Why I am asking this question since the Offcial COLOR of the XBOX is Black. Well if you have gotten the May 2002 Offcial Xbox Magazine you would know what I am talking about.

WELL IF ANYONE HAS THE MAGAZINE AND HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT OR HAVE CHANGED THE COLOR WHAT COLOR WOULD IT BE OR IS?

DON'T HAVE THE OFFICAL XBOX MAGAZINE? THEN SUBSCRIBE TODAY! YOU'LL LOVE IT WHEN YOU GET IT, IT HAS THE BEST INFORMATION FOR WHEN YOUR FAVORITE TITLES ARE COMING OUT AND MUCH MUCH MORE!
GO TO:
http://www.oxmonline.com
SHORTCUT: https://commerce.cdsfulfillment.com/BOX/subscriptions.cgi?IN_Code=IX91W2S2Y

:)

Xbox Masta 4
03-27-2002, 09:45 PM
HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS MAGAZINE...WHERE IT TALKS ABOUT CUSTOMIZING THE XBOX? MAY Edition. With SUPERMAN on the front??:)

khaos2005
03-27-2002, 09:47 PM
I got my issuse of OXM about 4 days ago. I saw this article, but don't have the brass to touch my Xbox. I am interested in knowing what other people have done, or might do though.

Sickplaya
03-27-2002, 11:42 PM
actually, i took my xbox outside and it had a shade of green in it, so it isnt purely black. try it and see 4 ureselves

88mph
03-28-2002, 02:25 AM
If you put your controller under a bright lite you will notice its a dark green not black.
I first noticed this at EB, their xbox Kiosk was in direct sunlight and the the conntrollers were green I was like WTF?
Im guessing the xbox itself is the same .:)

spy_spirit
03-28-2002, 06:19 AM
Just like that, the xbox is not black but very very dark green.(the controllers too)

(check at a very brite light)

spy_spirit
03-28-2002, 06:20 AM
Woops sorry 88mph I did't see your post!

Supperdog
03-28-2002, 07:41 AM
actually, yeah...i was feeling really bored so i decided to try it...i spraypainted the bix X a sorta greenish metallic aqua color and the vent parts silver and the controller silver. it looks sweet and it still works! (oh thank god!) :)

Supperdog
03-28-2002, 07:42 AM
oh yeah and i pried out the xbox jewel on the system and put lights in and put a custom, more transparent jewel in. so now i have a glowing green center with black "xbox" written on it. i'm gonna see what i can do with my ps2 now...heh heh...

$pAz
03-28-2002, 09:12 AM
How do you customize your xbox without damaging it?:mad:

E Nomini Patri
03-28-2002, 11:15 AM
If you want to see how dark green the controllers are, just put them under some sunlight and turn them over, then look at the triggers compared to the rest. The triggers are black and the difference is unsettling!

OppiumNitrates
03-28-2002, 11:38 AM
i read that artical about the customized boxes and that one with that acrilic peice and lights on side and top looked bad ass, alot of work though i was thinking about doing somthing like that but alot of $$ and work + i dont wanta mess my pride and joy up

squid413
03-28-2002, 11:42 AM
Also if you look at the black button under a bright light you can see that it's actually a really dark blue instead of black.

Supperdog
03-28-2002, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
i read that artical about the customized boxes and that one with that acrilic peice and lights on side and top looked bad ass, alot of work though i was thinking about doing somthing like that but alot of $$ and work + i dont wanta mess my pride and joy up

its really not that hard...there are some good instructions in that issue of OXM. plus, you can do what i di dand test your hand on a controller, be it official or some cheap knockoff, to see how things go. at first i was petrified when i pressed the little button on the can and saw that i had made a permenant mark, but after that, things flowed, and i even spent the extra 30 on the custom jewel...mmm...i looooooooooooove it !

mahalan
03-28-2002, 12:20 PM
I haven't tried taking mine apart to spraypaint it but I have done surgery on one of my controllers.

I had my Xbox precariously perched on top of other equipment when I first got it and it fell landing on and breaking one of my controller plugs.

I ended up having to take the two pieces of plastic off which make the plug cover, bending the metal connectors back into shape, and resoldering the wires to the connectors. The controller works fine now. I can't even tell which of them this happened to.

As far as painting mine a different color, I've toyed with the idea of changing it to something really stupid. Maybe lavender like that console with all the kiddie games.

Gamer101
03-28-2002, 12:26 PM
It is black and that is the way it will stay.

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 12:51 PM
:eek: Dude! I'm with Gamer101!! There's no way I'm touching my XBox with anything that will change it!! :eek:

It's my black and green beauty....it's all I want it to be :)

XBOX MSSC
03-28-2002, 01:26 PM
http://www.colorconsoles.com/

I'm shipping my baby this summer, It'll be green with a custom ewel. it'll be BAD GRASS !!!! :cool: :) :cool:

OppiumNitrates
03-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Supperdog

its really not that hard...there are some good instructions in that issue of OXM. plus, you can do what i di dand test your hand on a controller, be it official or some cheap knockoff, to see how things go. at first i was petrified when i pressed the little button on the can and saw that i had made a permenant mark, but after that, things flowed, and i even spent the extra 30 on the custom jewel...mmm...i looooooooooooove it !

couston jewel??? please explain!!

chili325
03-28-2002, 02:12 PM
I think I will paint the controllers but im not touchin the inside of my xbox. Maybe Ill paint it, but anyone who opens that thing up has balls

Skarp
03-28-2002, 02:18 PM
Superdawg, can you upload a picture?

Supperdog
03-28-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

couston jewel??? please explain!!

yep, custom jewel, custom made. local place. i just gave them the dimensions, text and selected the type of plastic, and BOOM the next day, it was ready.

Xbox Owner
03-28-2002, 04:26 PM
my xbox is black

Xbox Masta 4
03-28-2002, 05:59 PM
YES THE RICH BLACK AND GREEN DOES LOOK GOOD, BUT SOME PEOPLE MAY HAVE CUSTOMIZED THEM.

chili325: YOU DONT HAVE TO OPEN UP THE XBOX TO PAINT THE XBOX, I WONT TELL YOU MORE IF YOU DONT HAVE THE ISSUE OF OXM, GO GET OXM MAN YOU'LL LOVE IT!

YES I NOTICED THAT THE BLACK COLORED BUTTON ON TOP LEFT IS A DARK BLUE, I THOUGHT ONE DAY IT WAS BECAUSE WHEN I WENT ON VACATION THE POOR LIL CONTROLLER HAD TO STAY IN THE CAR THAT NIGHT ONLY LIKE HALF A NIGHT AND IT WAS DARK BLUE NOTICABLE EVEN WITHOUT LOOKING IN THE SUN.

Supperdog AND WHO EVER ELSE CUSTOMIZED THERE XBOX (sorry forget name now) SHOW US SOME PICS OF YOUR NEW LOOKING XBOX I WANT TO LOOK AT IT! THANKS! :)

Supperdog
03-28-2002, 06:19 PM
i'd love to show it off but i cant. i dont have a webcam, digi cam, scanner, or any sort of access to one. :confused: im tryin to tho...

Plewis
03-28-2002, 06:46 PM
wouldnt that void the warranty:confused:, I think mine has expired anyways. I aint touchin my xbox except for playing. I would rather have some friends come over and have a halo match than paint my xbox. But it would be interesting to see what urs looks like if you did!

Twisted J
03-28-2002, 07:25 PM
MAY ISSUE IS OUT ALREADY???!!! I HAVENT GOT IT YET!!!!!

hey, its not even april yet, wtf?

Xbox Masta 4
03-28-2002, 08:44 PM
I know Twisted J it is very weird that May issue is already out, but they do that. Hey if you really want to customize your xbox you can and if you have the magazine it shows you how to take the paint off also so you can get it off a little tiny mess up. YES THIS DOES MAKE THE WARRANTY NO GOOD ANYMORE.

Supperdog: HEY MAN WHEN EVER YOU FIGURE OUT A WAY TO SHOW THAT XBOX I'll Be GLAD to see it. If you do find a way just give me a message or just private message me. THANKS!

Spike Minoda
03-29-2002, 12:37 AM
my brother's best friend is a auto body painter (cars) and he pained my xbox with a 9/11 in the xbox font on both sides and an American Flag design on top looking like wind blowing accross it. 50 stars and 13 stripes the jewel still der do.

Supperdog
03-29-2002, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Masta 4
I know Twisted J it is very weird that May issue is already out, but they do that. Hey if you really want to customize your xbox you can and if you have the magazine it shows you how to take the paint off also so you can get it off a little tiny mess up. YES THIS DOES MAKE THE WARRANTY NO GOOD ANYMORE.

Supperdog: HEY MAN WHEN EVER YOU FIGURE OUT A WAY TO SHOW THAT XBOX I'll Be GLAD to see it. If you do find a way just give me a message or just private message me. THANKS!

no prob :)

if you want a rough idea, take a look at the center of the xbox on
the top of pg. 49 but make it more green and transparent with the word "xbox", then look at the silver on pg. 40 and then imagine the unpainted parts sorta a greenish metallic blue. and silver controllers. there you have it!

Kooster
03-30-2002, 05:59 PM
You guys wanna know something weird? At my local Toys R Us, the Xbox on display has a few scratches and they are bright green. Also, In the first DVD that came with OXM, the Xbox designer said the Xbox was green. Is it possible that the Xbox used to be green, and was then painted black to give it its very dark green color?