PDA

View Full Version : MadCat Controllers - I've Heard bad things

FeelinDandy
03-27-2002, 10:45 PM
Hi Guys, Has anybody had prblems with their Mad Cat standard Controllers - I need to buy 2 more so I have four - but not sure whether to go with the Standard Microsoft ones on the MadCat ones. I've heard the triggers break easy - anyone else had similar experiances.

Toder
03-27-2002, 11:12 PM
If your going to buy a Madcatz controller get the power pad. Its a good controller and it also comes with a lifetime warrenty.

http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/images/prod/4526_lg.jpg

I have this controlleer and i like it alot.

X-Factor
03-27-2002, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Toder
If your going to buy a Madcatz controller get the power pad. Its a good controller and it also comes with a lifetime warrenty.

http://www.madcatz.com/MadCatz/images/prod/4526_lg.jpg

I have this controlleer and i like it alot. I bought the power pad too, and guess what? It was a piece of *****. The A button didn't work all the time, and the secondary joystick didn't click!:(

Toder
03-27-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
I bought the power pad too, and guess what? It was a piece of *****. The A button didn't work all the time, and the secondary joystick didn't click!:(

UHHH Did you not notice it came with a lifetime warrenty? You know not every piece of equipment that is released doesn't work right and normally you can return these items and get a new one.
But that sounds like your problem and not mine. I like my Madcatz Power Pad ;)

FeelinDandy
03-27-2002, 11:36 PM
are both analog sticks buttons aswell - as you need these in halo

NomadLLama
03-27-2002, 11:42 PM
actually, u can get away with buying a power pad pro for an extra five bucks per controller. the pro version has rubber grips and a marco function. u just gotta know where to buy it for $30 not $35. everyone rips on the controller, but i think that the pro is quite nice. in cross d-pad for DOA3 is awesome, except sometimes. but overall, i think that its worth it.

Batman2372
03-28-2002, 09:56 AM
I have two of the Madcatz standard ones, and one of them has recently broken. But it wasn't the triggers that didn't stop working. My X button no longer responds, making Halo and just about every other game out there unplayable.

Little bit disappointed about that.