PDA

View Full Version : wat wuz yor fist gaming system?

sirsmurf
03-28-2002, 02:58 AM
what was yor first system? was it the atari, or the nes? the genises or the neo-geo? jaguar or psx? or maybe yor xbox is the first. tell everyone what yor first gaming consoke wuz. mine was the nes, but i had 3 friends that had ataris.

sinizuh
03-28-2002, 03:36 AM
DUDEZZ!! mine wuz like... NES!. nes rox my sox.

E-Vader
03-28-2002, 04:53 AM
Ive still got my Atari 2600, but I think my first game system was the Vetrex or something like that, you placed colourd sheets againt the screen which came with each game.

Durden-XBA
03-28-2002, 05:58 AM
NES w/ SMW and DuckHunt on the same cartrige. Man, that takes me back...

khaos2005
03-28-2002, 08:39 AM
NES!!!

JJaX
03-28-2002, 08:42 AM
Oddysey 2 <----Thats gaming! :D

http://www.consolevision.com/sshots/odddc/hyperthumb.jpg

Atari 800 <-------was like a computer with 5 1/2 Floppy drive

khaos2005
03-28-2002, 08:54 AM
JJax, you had a Magnavox Odyssey? Damn, I'd love to get my hands on one of those. It amazes me since they are analog and have no CPU. Too bad they sell on Ebay for $200 or so. The game carts were so damn cool, you could make your own, with no problem!

CoMATOSE
03-28-2002, 09:40 AM
mine was the mega drive with a copy of sonic the hedgehog , a defining moment in my life when u consider the part games play in my life nowadays:rolleyes:

batman46st
03-28-2002, 09:52 AM
Man my older brother had an atari i only remember playing some tank game that rulled then. My official first was NES. I'm one of there kids:D ... (super mario 3) was my fave... The power of mario changing costumes was the illest thing i ever did see bak then. Then i got a super nes (mario,sreetfighter,mortal combat,donkey cong) those wheremy faves i bough all of them.The i got a genesis had fun wth that sega cd bull ish. I never bouht a ps1. i waited for n64 fun for about 2 years. Then i got a ps2 fun for about 14 months then i got a dreamcast fun for 6 months now th xbox fun and still going.!! (blood omen 2) is a must have.:eek:

Ninja Scroll
03-28-2002, 09:58 AM
Wow, im too young to have owned all that crap before Atari!

My first console was NES, then the original GB (da big fat ass joint) dat came out in 89.
Then is was all about Sega from their. Genesis, 32X (uurgghh:o ), Saturn, & Dreamcast.
Over a Decade of Sega loyalty. NOTHING SONY.EVER!

And today,............... XBOX!!!!!!!:cool:

ftyards
03-28-2002, 10:10 AM
Although i played atari first, my first system was an nes.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Wow, im too young to have owned all that crap before Atari!

Im younger than you and had at. So :p

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 10:26 AM
I would say that the Atari 2600 was my first system...Though, I had a buddy that had pong.... On my 2600, I would say my favorite game was missle command :D

Toder
03-28-2002, 10:38 AM
My first system that i got was the NES with the SMB/ Duck Hunk on the same cartrage too. But my sister had a atari 2600 But I was way to young to ever remember playing that. Then i got a Genisis sytem and had the sega channel. Now that was some cool gaming. Then I had a PSX for a short time and then i traded that for a N64. And then i got into PC gaming and finally I got the amazing Xbox.

E Nomini Patri
03-28-2002, 10:51 AM
My brother and I had an NES! Super Mario Brothers 3 was the coolest game we had, along with TOOBIN' which was pretty sweet!

JJaX
03-28-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
My brother and I had an NES! Super Mario Brothers 3 was the coolest game we had, along with TOOBIN' which was pretty sweet!

They had toobin at my pizza hut.. Heheheheheh

AlBoogy
03-28-2002, 10:58 AM
Mine to was the vectrex. Or maybe it was the atari. Man we've come a long way.

Mahlon
03-28-2002, 11:01 AM
The only game system I owned before Xbox was color Pong. What a jump. I did have a couple of really cool Amiga computers in the '80s but Microsoft rolled over them. Can't beat 'em join 'em.

Hugh_Jass
03-28-2002, 11:02 AM
Sears Pong
Atari 2600
Comodore 64
Amiga 2000
PC
Sega Master System
NES
Jaguar
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance
XBOX

I'm jealous of E-Vader's Vectrex. That system kicked @ss.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 11:16 AM
My friends dad had this thing were you would tape up a maze on the TV screen. Then you would navigate a light throught he maze. Now thats technolgy!!!!!!!!!

azmodan
03-28-2002, 11:25 AM
mine was a nes then snes then gameboy then n64 then gameboy color than psx than xbox :P

GRAVEDIGGER
03-28-2002, 11:27 AM
Dam...some of you guys actually owned something before the Atari?!?...dam..Anyways the Digger's first gaming expecrience came in the form of the Atari 2600, and we all know that space invaders game that it came with was tha sh*t!!..lol

BTW, yo JJaX what the hell is a Magnavox Odessey?! What year did that come out?

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

OppiumNitrates
03-28-2002, 11:29 AM
i originally had an atari which kicked major @$$ space invaders was def my fave for that, then on to 8-bit technology with a NES and whos fave game for NES wasnt Zelda, i mean com'n that, considered by me, was the greatest game ever!! Went to Super NES after that i remember one christmas morning riping hat box open and slapping street fighter 2 in that machine. . . stuck with nintendo and waited for a N64 next i was the a jedi ninja with star fox in Super Smash brother, we had tournments of that game at my college in NJ. Up graded to the X-box after that and here i am.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER
BTW, yo JJaX what the hell is a Magnavox Odessey?! What year did that come out?

It was actually my older brothers, But i still played it all the time.
It was kinda like atari, But it wasnt as popular. It played these big @ss cartridges. There were you racing games, sports etc.
And if i rememer correctly there where buttons on the actual console, Like a keyboard. (i could be wrong, this was like 16 years ago)
But there was this one game where you strapped this keyboard layout ontop of the keyboard thingy. And you would walk around and as a knight and kill stuff. And the game actaully came with coins and stuff you would collect as you played. I guess it was trying to be "different"

But my atari 800 was the sheeeet! It wasnt like a conosole, it was more like a PC. You had to boot it up with floppys and you had these DOS like GUIs and had to execute the games and stuff. You could program basic on it and amke tape backups of all your stuff. Keep in mind i was like 6. We had a binder that was a index for all the floppy disk we had. We had like 1000 games on this thing. My fondest gaming memorys were in this period of time. Games like mail order monster, Beach head I + II, Maxwell manner, pitfall II, wolfestein (not wolf 3d), bruce lee and 100's of games that people may or may not have ever heard off.

DZNUTZ
03-28-2002, 11:38 AM
probably atari...even thought i've played a couple consoles that came out prior.... i've pretty much owned every system besides imports, 3do , neo geo, jaguar, and saturn.

Crazy Joe
03-28-2002, 12:28 PM
NES, i loved that system, except when it wouldn't work, i was only little and probably didn't treat it the best.

Gamer101
03-28-2002, 12:46 PM
NES

Master Gracey
03-28-2002, 01:13 PM
My first was either the Atari 2600 or the TRS80. I can't remember, but I really think it was the Atari. I was only 5 at the time, so my memory is a bit fuzzy... :D

I still remember my first games... Pitfall, Missle Command, Seaquest, Pong, Tank Wars, Porkys, Smurfs and Pac Man.

http://members.aol.com/hallofhead/organ2.jpg

thejoker
03-28-2002, 01:17 PM
My first system was an Atari 2600, I still have this thing with about 100+ games.

-WorldSpawn-
03-28-2002, 01:17 PM
My dad brought home a Coleco-vision and that started it all! With controllers the size of an '80's touch-tone telephone, and games like GORF and Smurfs how could it go wrong! After that it was Atari, then Sega 'master system', then NES, SNES, N64, and it just got even better with the Xbox.

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 01:50 PM
NES, when Mario Brothers was cool. Only system I never sold.

NomadLLama
03-28-2002, 02:12 PM
i had an old Apple IIe as my first "gaming" experience. i played the original Castle Wolfenstein on it. man was that long ago. now look at Return to Castle Wolfenstein. how much have they mutalated that game? and after that, I got original Gameboy from '89. the only "to-date" "system" besides xbox that i ever got. too bad my mom killed it on purpose.

NomadLLama
03-28-2002, 02:14 PM
i had an old Apple IIe as my first "gaming" experience. i played the original Castle Wolfenstein on it. man was that long ago. now look at Return to Castle Wolfenstein. how much have they mutalated that game? and after that, I got original Gameboy from '89. the only "to-date" "system" besides xbox that i ever got. too bad my mom killed it on purpose. i must have played it for about 20,000 hours its entire life from '89-'96.

NomadLLama
03-28-2002, 02:14 PM
oops sorry bout that above!