PDA

View Full Version : Xtra Xtra read all about it...

Brevity
03-28-2002, 09:18 AM
Today I read two new things first and this is not that new but here is a link to a post on Square want to work on the Xbox.Here (http://forums.xengen.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29852) :)

Next next thing I read was about a possible Xbox price cut this is the second time I heard of this the first time it was that at the start of this summer there would be a price cut in both the Xbox and the PS2. LInk here go down to Xbox price cut coming (http://www.gamespydaily.com/) :)

Anyway with little info rolling out these days I thought these post might give us some food for thought. (?)

JJaX
03-28-2002, 09:26 AM
Post the square thread............
Because it says i need to log in.

Ninja Scroll
03-28-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Post the square thread............
Because it says i need to log in.

Yeah, you gotta copy/paste that Square news little trooper.
I wanna read it!:)

E Nomini Patri
03-28-2002, 11:01 AM
That interview at Gamespy with the Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds guy was pretty cool! That game is really fun and I'm dying for that expansion! Pick the game up if you can! I also hope the X-B ox comes down in price real soon because I have a friend whose dad is thinking about getting one but the price is a little steep. :)

JJaX
03-28-2002, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan
That interview at Gamespy with the Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds guy was pretty cool! That game is really fun and I'm dying for that expansion! Pick the game up if you can! I also hope the X-B ox comes down in price real soon because I have a friend whose dad is thinking about getting one but the price is a little steep. :)

WHAT??:confused:

you lost me.......

Master Gracey
03-28-2002, 12:45 PM
I have some friends who went to SIGGRAPH last year and they asked the Square reps about Xbox... and apparently they went on and on about how they couldn't wait to develop games for it. There was also something said about Square not being too happy with Sony for some reason or another, and that was another major factor in their attitude. I don't remember exactly what was said, but I'll ask my friends the next time I talk to them... we were discussing it last week, but I was half-asleep.

Unfortunately, something has happened between last July's SIGGRAPH convention and now... Sony bought a large portion of Square's stock. That bit of news is in the April OXM in the section where they rate the games that could be the most influential. FFX (or maybe it was FFXI) was given a 30% chance of being released on the Box because of Sony's stock purchase. This was why my friends and I were talking about Square, and as soon as I find out what their reps said about Sony, I'll post it here.

E Nomini Patri
03-28-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

WHAT??:confused:

you lost me.......

Sorry, I clicked the link for the "X-Box price cut" and in the news, there was a Clone Campaign Interview article. Guess I shoulda mentioned that:o .

Brevity
04-04-2002, 09:31 AM
It says they will be making some stuff for the Xbox and are not saying anything till E3,,,go figureXenGen and no I dont work there (http://forums.xengen.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30798)

Highlite23
04-04-2002, 11:18 AM
I think the Square deal will come with time, if Square wants to make scads of money. It will be a "behind closed dorrs" kinda deal. which if fine with me.

As far as price cuts, i would hope the price stays the same in the states, after all, the system is accuratly priced compared to PS2 and GC.
Overseas, on the other hand, i think MS should seriuosly consider a price adjustment to be more competative. I think most Xbox owners in the US could justify the price. I don't see that being true overseas, the difference is too great, i would probably be hesitant myself. I remember when Xbox rumors first started circulating and the price of $450-$500 was floating around, i didn't want to look into the system at all, but as things came into focus it was easier.
I don't think the system is doomed by any means, but i think MS could really put the sqweeze on Sony & Nintendo with a price adjustment. My 2 cents.