PDA

View Full Version : Eler Scrolls III: Morrowind Pre-launch Thread...

xboxgamer142
03-28-2002, 12:19 PM
First of all, I created this thread, for people to share their ideas on Morrowind, post their questions, screenshots, etc.

If you haven't downloaded the Official Morrowind Trailer, then I recommend strongly on doing so. The trailer is really cool, and the more times I watch it, the more I want to get Morrowind.

I have a few questions on Morrowind. Is the game (Xbox version) only in first-person perspective (sort of like Halo) or will it be in third-person perspective (like Azurik, Shenmue II, etc.)? I hope it will be in third-person perspective, because an RPG game in first-person looks sort of stupid, in my opinion. Another question I have is, what is the game exactly about, for example who is the 'bad guy' in the game?

Anyways, I can't wait until Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind comes out, especially since so many gaming web sites and magazines have complimented it so much. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (the Xbox version) should be released end of May 2002.

Huckleberry
03-28-2002, 12:36 PM
i believe that you can play morrowind from either the 1st or 3rd person perspective. i think they went with that option because of the real-time battle format. i haven't anticipated a game like this since i was waiting for link after the first zelda game (remember how many hours we all put into zelda?). i think that project ego holds even more promise, but morrowind will be the benchmark from now on, not ff.

StudioAlex
03-28-2002, 04:32 PM
I think Morrowind and FF are too different experiences to compare.

Bundy
03-29-2002, 06:24 AM
Well as with all "bad guys" it is a frame of reference issue. But you can choose for your character to be good or bad and the NPC in the game will respond accordingly to you.

I reccomend everybody read this fan FAQ, it is mega pimp.

The game can be first or third person view. Defualts are pc: 1st, xbox: 3rd.

The offical faq has stated that may is when both versions will be released.

http://morrowind.ttlg.com/mwfaq.shtml

parlomolto
04-08-2002, 08:37 PM
I think that Morrowmind will easily become one of the greatest RPGs ever!

I have read a lot about the game - and it sounds incredible!

The abilty for both 1st and 3rd person views will make this RPG pleasing to almost everyone.

I read that - ha ha - Morrowmind has more types of mushrooms then most RPGs have weapons...

I am going to buy it the day it hits the shelves at work!!!!

:cool:

jschelm
04-08-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by xboxgamer142

Anyways, I can't wait until Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind comes out, especially since so many gaming web sites and magazines have complimented it so much. Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (the Xbox version) should be released end of May 2002.

I can't wait either. I preordered it last night from EBGames (only 39.99 in case you guys want to do the same), but it said that it will ship the end of this month. I am confused about all the conflicts on ship dates. The last interview I read with someone on the Morrowind team said May and that they won't elaborate any more than sometime in May, but then EB said this month, so can anyone tell me what the real deal is?

Bundy
04-09-2002, 06:37 AM
best we have is may. You can't trust ebgames or any other retailer.

Masterchief1018
04-09-2002, 02:44 PM
It it possible that it will be released in April, but I predict that we will have to wait till late may-early june :(. I preordered the game from EB games as well and I really hope thier release date is correct. I would love to have the game on the 29th

csoldier
04-09-2002, 04:34 PM
I pre-ordered it, too, but before the promo started at eb- oh well, I bought the strategy guide with it from morrowind.com. I sure hope that it comes out this month, the wait is getting to me. Between this and Project Ego, I think I'm going to lose my mind drowning in anticipation.

Alien
04-10-2002, 03:27 PM
I didnt pre-order or anything, i really want to buy it though. I like where you can explore so much, and make your own guy.

OppiumNitrates
04-11-2002, 11:54 AM
i never played any morrowwind games but i read this game has alot to do with mixing potions and planting things for ingredience. . .someone said somthing about more muchrooms then most RPG have wepons

can someone explain or expand on this

jschelm
04-11-2002, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
i never played any morrowwind games but i read this game has alot to do with mixing potions and planting things for ingredience. . .someone said somthing about more muchrooms then most RPG have wepons

can someone explain or expand on this

From what I have been reading (which is quite a bit) the game doesn't necessarily have a lot to do with mixing potions etc... but it does give you that option. One of the skills you can have is alchemy which will allow you to take a bunch of plants (either purchased, found or grown) and mix them together to form potions either for your use or during battle. If your alchemy skills are not very good then you could make a poison that would kill you rather than a healing potion. And yes, the rumor is out there that this version has more different types of mushrooms than most RPG's have weapons and from what I understand the mushrooms can be eaten or mixed in with other ingredients for potions.

Hope this helps

OppiumNitrates
04-11-2002, 02:09 PM
THNAKS jschelm,
the characters seem to be the biggest part of the game(althougn most RPGs make you develop your charicter) this one seems to have really good character atributes.

can this charicter setup/development compare to anything other then elder scrolls games??

couple more things -- what RPG is it most similar too (if any)??
and how is the fighting system (hopfully not turn based)??

jschelm
04-11-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
THNAKS jschelm,
the characters seem to be the biggest part of the game(althougn most RPGs make you develop your charicter) this one seems to have really good character atributes.

can this charicter setup/development compare to anything other then elder scrolls games??

couple more things -- what RPG is it most similar too (if any)??
and how is the fighting system (hopfully not turn based)??

I am not totally familiar with the other elder scrolls games, but I do know that you can pick one of a few different ways to develop your character so that everyone should be happy with the character developing.

The fighting is not turn based. You have the ability to go into a first person view and there are various keys for the different ways to swing a weapon. You can not clash weapons, however blocking and dodging will be taken care of automatically based on your character's stats.

Also, just so everyone knows, I have not had the pleasure of playing this game, I have just been reading as much as I can about it, so all this information is from other sources.

OppiumNitrates
04-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by jschelm

The fighting is not turn based. You have the ability to go into a first person view and there are various keys for the different ways to swing a weapon.

Thats cool

You can not clash weapons, however blocking and dodging will be taken care of automatically based on your character's stats.

that sucks they should have made you block/dodge with a button, and then depending on ur player stats if the block/dodge was successful or not. . . . not just do it for u i hate that

Tkf5000
04-15-2002, 03:45 PM
this game is gunna rock ( i HAVE played some of the second one its from 94 or 96 i think and it is aweome)i think it will have more mushrooms than most rpgs have weapons but there are over 150 weapon types like kitana, boradsword, etc. then there are different types like glass, bronze, steel,etc. the weapons look awesome too if u ever seen some. this game is gunna kick @$$ and I think it will be better than project ego (even tho no one else thinks so) i dont even think project ego looks that great, well thats my opinion.

jschelm
04-16-2002, 10:22 AM
OK For all of you that can't get enough news on Morrowind here are the latest tidbits.

Battle Music Sample

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/rpgplanet/morrowind/mw_battle1.mp3

Theme Music

http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?/rpgplanet/morrowind/morrowind_title.mp3

New HI-Res Screenshot

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/images/highres.jpg

Enjoy all!

JGennaro
04-18-2002, 09:23 PM
I think if you have any desire in you at all for an AWESOME, IN-DEPTH, FULLY IMMERSIBLE, FUN game then I think you should buy/well better yet, pre-order this game..it's definitely setting the standard for the RPG experience...Make no doubt though there will be so many things in this game that will take months, more likely even a year or more to master but it will all be worth it so there will be many ways you can go about playing this game,...I just think it's a sure winner- so go out and get it if you have the means and are looking for a true winner! ;)

Dre
04-18-2002, 09:25 PM
I am going to be a wizard... just not sure which race I should chose to do this. I would love to be a "humanoid" species and grow a longass white beard and hair.. I hope you can do that. No armor, a short sword and heavy on the magic. Only use magic as a last case scenario.. I want to develop my speechcraft skill so I can sweet talk my way out of almost anything. But, if the monster's hard-headed.. he better watch out cuz I'll summon a thunder-storm on his ass :D

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

JGennaro
04-18-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Dre
I am going to be a wizard... just not sure which race I should chose to do this. I would love to be a "humanoid" species and grow a longass white beard and hair.. I hope you can do that. No armor, a short sword and heavy on the magic. Only use magic as a last case scenario.. I want to develop my speechcraft skill so I can sweet talk my way out of almost anything. But, if the monster's hard-headed.. he better watch out cuz I'll summon a thunder-storm on his ass :D

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

LOL! You really have thought this thing out eh? Pretty cool idea you got goin' there though I like it!

Dre
04-18-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by JGennaro

LOL! You really have thought this thing out eh? Pretty cool idea you got goin' there though I like it!

hehehe.. ya.. I'm reading the lord of the rings books and gandalf is one of my favorite characters that i've ever read. That guy is just so cool.. I wanna be just like that in the game :)

Dre
04-18-2002, 09:43 PM
One thing I thought was definitely uber-cool was the fact that its possible you get bit by a vampire and become one. Once you are there, the game turns into a whole new world.. you can't walk around during the day.. there are 3 competing vampire clans and stuff.. I wonder if you can work your way up through the ranks of a clan and become head vampire of a clan and wage war on the other factions and stuff... that would be totally freaking sweet.

SkoalMint
04-19-2002, 05:52 AM

I can't wait either. I preordered it last night from EBGames (only 39.99 in case you guys want to do the same), but it said that it will ship the end of this month. I am confused about all the conflicts on ship dates. The last interview I read with someone on the Morrowind team said May and that they won't elaborate any more than sometime in May, but then EB said this month, so can anyone tell me what the real deal is?

Arrgggghhhhh - I went to pre-order the game this morning and they have raised the price back up. :mad: Oh well, guess I'll have to fork over the extra 10.

Calve
04-20-2002, 09:59 PM
Yo

This game can be played from a 3rd or 1st person perspective!!! If you want a taste of this game early i suggest you try out the PC version which is being released April 29th!!! I Pre-Ordered my copy from EB Games a while ago and I'm gonna be pickin up my copy the morning of Thursday, May 16, 2002!!!!! Thats the date in Canada but I'm not sure about the American date!!!

you get bit by a vampire and become one

Hey Dre this is new to me?!?!? Are you sure there are Vampires in this game?!?!?!?!?

Peace

jschelm
04-20-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Calve

Hey Dre this is new to me?!?!? Are you sure there are Vampires in this game?!?!?!?!?

Peace

I am not Dre, but he is right. There are a few different factions of vampires and if you get bit by one you will become one. The game is then theoretically still possible to beat, but difficult because all of the NPC's will be scared of you.

Calve
04-20-2002, 10:45 PM
thats kool man!!!!!

Peace