PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite fighter?

Gamer101
03-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Mine is Soul Calibur with out a doubt. It had the best control I have ever seen in a fighter, not to mention the graphics are great. I cant wait for SC2.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Ive been defending SC around these parts for quite sometime now. SC is by far, The greatest fighter!!!!!!!

"THE LEGEND WILL NEVER DIE!!!!"

YOU HERE THAT MAXIMUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 01:41 PM
I haven't had the priveledge of playing Soul Caliber 2...but, from what I have heard about it, especially from JJaX, it definately sounds like my kind of fighting game.

I'm also excited for the new Mortal Kombat...it's going to be a completely different MK created on a completely new platform. So far, the game looks amazing! :)

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 01:48 PM
Bad Dudes!!!!

Ok not really a fighter but fun as hell. :D

Actual fighter, would be Mortal Kombat but I can't wait for Soul Calibur 2.

DZNUTZ
03-28-2002, 02:35 PM
i would have to agree w/ SC....but i also anticipating to see what they do with the new MK. on the other hand...nothing beats the nostalgia of plunking quarter after quarter into streetfighter2 at the local 7-11...and when that piece finally came to home consoles on SNES...OMG...at the time..i thought that was the best day of my life...lol

Gamer101
03-28-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I haven't had the priveledge of playing Soul Caliber 2...but, from what I have heard about it, especially from JJaX, it definately sounds like my kind of fighting game.

Well If you know someone who has had the privilege of playing SC2 let me know where they live.

Anyway Yes MK5 is looking to be a pretty cool game.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i would have to agree w/ SC....but i also anticipating to see what they do with the new MK. on the other hand...nothing beats the nostalgia of plunking quarter after quarter into streetfighter2 at the local 7-11...and when that piece finally came to home consoles on SNES...OMG...at the time..i thought that was the best day of my life...lol

I still get chills when i hear that capcom logo screen ;)

Bretzky
03-28-2002, 03:27 PM
Soul Caliber is my favorite game also.

Great control and I especially like the fantasy based characters rather than some more realistic ones like in DOA3.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Bretzky
Soul Caliber is my favorite game also.

Great control and I especially like the fantasy based characters rather than some more realistic ones like in DOA3.

Dont even bring up DOA in this thread :D . What a waek ass fighting game.

Muabdi'b
03-28-2002, 03:40 PM
Wow, Soul Caliber!!!! Great single player game but 2 player??

It seems people love that eye candy than gameplay. To each his own.

Bretzky
03-28-2002, 03:42 PM
Oops sorry JJax. hehe:D

Liquid Gears
03-28-2002, 03:44 PM
Buddy, Soul Calibur is a great game. But, the grafics suck ass. The Pladium where I'm from just got it in. DOA3's grafics are way way better then this game. My favorite fighter is Street Fighter Alpha 3. Ya ya, I don't give a **** what you think about it. Sorry, but I grew up playing the whole "Street Fighter" fighting game series. Also, I love Anime. DBZ, Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Awesome!!! The whole "Special Moves" thing just blowes my mind. Sorry, but I think this game takes a lot more talent then Tekken, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat. I hate button bushers. at least in DOA and Street Fighter Alpha games you can work around button bashers, such as countering or teleporting. My choice is Street Fighter Alpha 3!

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Buddy, Soul Calibur is a great game. But, the grafics suck ass. The Pladium where I'm from just got it in. DOA3's grafics are way way better then this game. My favorite fighter is Street Fighter Alpha 3. Ya ya, I don't give a **** what you think about it. Sorry, but I grew up playing the whole "Street Fighter" fighting game series. Also, I love Anime. DBZ, Street Fighter, Fatal Fury, Awesome!!! The whole "Special Moves" thing just blowes my mind. Sorry, but I think this game takes a lot more talent then Tekken, Soul Calibur, Mortal Kombat. I hate button bushers. at least in DOA and Street Fighter Alpha games you can work around button bashers, such as countering or teleporting. My choice is Street Fighter Alpha 3!

Since when were any of the MK games button mushers? Personally, I find that MK has the same amount, if not more, special moves than any Street Fighter game. By the way, I also loved Street Fighter...great game in the day! :)

Skarp
03-28-2002, 05:07 PM
SC is definetly a great game, but Killer Instinct was pretty badass back in the day.

Afro Aura
03-28-2002, 06:08 PM
look guy how many time have I got to tell you Virtua Fighter 4 is the BEST BEAT 'EM UP EVER!!!! what am I talking about all the VFs are the DON

X-Factor
03-28-2002, 07:29 PM
IMO, Mortal Kombat II is the greatest fighter ever.

Liquid Gears
03-28-2002, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Since when were any of the MK games button mushers? Personally, I find that MK has the same amount, if not more, special moves than any Street Fighter game. By the way, I also loved Street Fighter...great game in the day! :)

Ya Ok Pal, MK and Street Fighter were both really popular back in the day but they still make a hell of a lot more Street Fighter games then MK. Special moves are completly different from rediculus finishing moves!

Crazy Joe
03-29-2002, 03:11 AM
I personally find more realistic fighting games like DOA3 (take that JJax!!!) more appealing than Street Fighter and MK, only because it is more strategy than how many special moves you can memorize. If you don't know special moves in street fighter or MK, you can't even get close to someone who does. In DOA3 it depends more on counters and timing than how many different button combinations you know. There are no fireballs or elastic limbs, it's realistic in that way. The dimensions of the women, on the other hand, maybe not so much realism as fantasy, but hey what's the harm in that, eh? ;)

P.S. I am not a hardcore fighter fan, this is strictly my opinion as someone who prefers not to have to spend 50 hours memorizing combinations to compete.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Muabdi'b

This is by far, The dumbest fuking post ive ever read in my entire forum life. Great single player game!???!! Great single player!!!?!? But no 2 player game?!?!!?!?

The AI in soul calibur does get tiresome. But the 2 player mode has infinite variety. I cant get into it now, But your dumb as hell son.

You go die now or some s4it. Dont post here any more. You just lost all my respect and will never get any from here on out.

Man your dumb. Thats like saying halo has no muliplayer.

shererboat
03-29-2002, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by Liquid Gears
Buddy, Soul Calibur is a great game. But, the grafics suck ass. The Pladium where I'm from just got it in. DOA3's grafics are way way better then this game. !

how can u even compare SC to doa3.......dreamcast against XBOX!!!........cmon now junior, thats like comparing joe montanas football on genesis to the likes of xboxs madden.......

sorry JJaX, but this is right up there with the dumbest post running.......and both came in the same thread!!!!!:D

Ninja Scroll
03-29-2002, 09:54 AM
Namco's Dreamcast classic, Soul Calibur. nuff said.

Now what's the 2nd best fighter ever you ask?:confused:

Um, that's easy,... Soul Calibur 2 when it comes out later this year!:cool:

JJaX
03-29-2002, 09:58 AM
Ninja did you read this:

Originally posted by Muabdi'b

Soul calibur has no 2 player value??????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Ninja Scroll
03-29-2002, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
Ninja did you read this:

Soul calibur has no 2 player value??????

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WTF?:eek: My only reply to that is dude's moms must had not given him his Prozac Medication the day he posted that reply.:rolleyes:
He's obviously in a state of deprestion making dumb ass statement like that!:rolleyes:
Poor kid:D

shererboat
03-29-2002, 10:14 AM
i might not see any 2 player value if i only played against my kid sister and her friends like Muabdi'b, instead of the likes of worthy opponents like JJaX and NiK2deep......:D