PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Ball Z fighting game

OppiumNitrates
03-28-2002, 12:58 PM
Y havent they made a DBZ fighting game and released it in america - if they did it right then it would be the best fighteing game ever. I mean they have a huge array of charicters to put in the game, and TONS of moves, and envionments. . . . They could make it so u have to unlock special powers(super sayian, fusion. . .) and gain stat points like an RPG. during one battle you would have to fight the guy through like multiple energy bars, and to win you would have to beat him while he is maxed out. I know their are DBZ fans out there what do ya think

Piccolo_DBz
03-28-2002, 01:01 PM
There working on it, but I don't know if it's gonna be a fighting game, would be sweet though. The one there making right now is looking pretty good. :)

JJaX
03-28-2002, 01:01 PM
There is a DBZ game in the works for the xbox.

"Gokus Legacy"

DZNUTZ
03-28-2002, 01:02 PM
i've never personally gotten into dragonball z ..but a good game is a good game...and if its a good game...i'll buy it

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 01:05 PM
hehe...I can't wait to hear what our XBA buddy, GokuX, has to say about this! :D Sweet idea, DZNUTZ!!!

Piccolo_DBz
03-28-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
There is a DBZ game in the works for the xbox.

"Gokus Legacy"

No thats the titles of the Gameboy Advcance one.

OppiumNitrates
03-28-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz
There working on it, but I don't know if it's gonna be a fighting game, would be sweet though. The one there making right now is looking pretty good. :)

I wish i was on that dev team i would never be satisfied and alwasy try to add more and more to the game i would personally make sure that the game was the best it could be. and above all stay true to the fans, keeping all the exact sounds and exact moves, everything in the envionment would be destroyable, huge craters in the ground from energy blasts . . . i can keep going

JJaX
03-28-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz

No thats the titles of the Gameboy Advcance one.

Your right, my fault. Heres the latest i could dig up on DBZ games. Looks like were gonna get something nice ;)
http://www.dbzgtlegacy.com/games/GT1.jpg

http://www.dbzgtlegacy.com/games/games4.shtml

NomadLLama
03-28-2002, 02:20 PM
well, they won't release any genuine Japanese DBZ games since it has been dead there for about 5 years. i remember the old days with the entire Super Butoden series. i beat everyone the day that i got 'em. DBZ: hyper dimension was sweet. the best grafix for SNES and Final Bout was pretty good. I hope maybe they make an action/fighting type DBZ fighting game. or just another 3d fighter. it would be awesome with every move for every fighter shown on the three parts of the show. but, that'll never happen.

sinizuh
03-28-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i've never personally gotten into dragonball z ..but a good game is a good game...and if its a good game...i'll buy it

Trust me... you can't make a good game out of DBZ... no way. no how.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh

I think with the proper approach it can be done. I think from a 1st person view and a large battle field to fight on would be sweet. It could be all fast paced and you oppenent could teleport right behind you and get into a fast paced fist fight. Knock him down and do a super attack that alters the landscape. Replays and slow motion for big hits. I think it could be done.

GokuX
03-28-2002, 06:11 PM
I've said it before, but if it's a fighting game and Capcom isn't making it, I'll probably skip it unless by some chance it receives reasonable reviews. Not really into DBZ RPGs so if it's one of those I'll be skipping it pretty much for sure.

GRAVEDIGGER
03-28-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh

Lol...good ol' Sinizuh, always Professor Negativity..hAA

Anyways, i do think that if the developer tries they could succeed, but as GokuX said, if its a fighting game and its not made by Capcom...then just forget it...but on another note, what if it was made my Techmo!, now with that DOA3 graphics engine it would look flawless, but then we would have to see DBZ with no story line, no unlockables, and in the furure a stupid add-on disc for clothes:rolleyes:
..Ahhh..but one can only fathom.....

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

sinizuh
03-29-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER

Lol...good ol' Sinizuh, always Professor Negativity..hAA

what?! ;)

it's true! you can't take a bad show and make it into a good game. sort of how they made Street Fighter the movie... and then made Street Fighter the movie the game... BAD 2 BAD! no BAD 2 GOOD! yes GOOD 2 BAD. no BAD 2 GOOD.

or maybe DBZ fans will buy anything and everything that is somewhat related to DBZ just because it's DBZ...

Spike Minoda
03-29-2002, 12:44 AM
they's make a dbz game? I wonder when I'd buy that. BTW What the hell is KAbuki Warriors about?

GokuX
03-29-2002, 01:00 AM
maybe DBZ fans will buy anything and everything that is somewhat related to DBZ just because it's DBZ

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that. The really die hard fans are gonna snatch it up no matter what, as long as DBZ is written somewhere on the gamebox or disk.

it's true! you can't take a bad show and make it into a good game. sort of how they made Street Fighter the movie... and then made Street Fighter the movie the game... BAD 2 BAD! no BAD 2 GOOD! yes GOOD 2 BAD. no BAD 2 GOOD.

Now, I'm gonna have to disagree here because I think that it could be done well as just a fighter instead of trying to include so many extranious parts from the show. Bid for Power the Quake 3 mod was probably the most promising game related to DBZ and was done by amateurs. They weren't doing it to snatch money from die hard fans like pretty much all other game companies have done with the DBZ license. They were actually just concentrating on making it for the sake of making a good DBZ game. Of course the rights were bought up and they had to take out all DBZ elements by the order of the new rights holder. I think it was Activision, I could be wrong. Well anyways I played a version of the mod before they had to change things and I think it was a pretty good game, easily the best DBZ game I've played. It could have developed into something really good had they had the chance to continue it's original development.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by DanieLudacris
they's make a dbz game? I wonder when I'd buy that. BTW What the hell is KAbuki Warriors about?

most are japanese Snes + genesis games.

Get yourself an emulator and try em out.