PDA

View Full Version : First look Halo for PC!

ezekiel
03-28-2002, 02:50 PM
I found a few pics of Halo for the PC check em out,Looks better then Xbox version.

Halo For PC (http://www.gamesurge.com/pc/halo/index.htm)

E-Xbox
03-28-2002, 02:52 PM
welcome to xba!
nice find...
peace

JJaX
03-28-2002, 02:54 PM
*Sigh*

Those are Pics of the older PC version that was Scrapped

But, Good try!! :D Welcome!

ezekiel
03-28-2002, 02:55 PM

wweomaniac
03-28-2002, 02:56 PM
First post eh??

Cool. Are you sure those pics are for the PC??

ezekiel
03-28-2002, 02:58 PM
I'm pretty sure there for the pc, They had a story on it.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 02:58 PM
FUKIN S4iT PEOPLE!!!! READ MY POST ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!

**JJaX bangs his head into desk and punches self in backof head out of frustarion **

For those that are to lazy!!!

Originally posted by JJaX
*Sigh*

Those are Pics of the older PC version that was Scrapped

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 03:02 PM
JJaX is right. Plus those are all just concept pics anyway. None from ingame which is why you have lots of 3rd person perspective on the Chief.

ezekiel
03-28-2002, 03:04 PM
Sorry bout that it was the first time i seen those so i didnt know.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 03:08 PM
Its cool. I just wished people would read the entire thread b4 posting.

And Lynxfx, I think they did have that PC verision of the game running. Well at least they used that engine to create one of the early e3 videos. The one they debut when it was orginally planned for macintoshs. Where they run and and streal some key and escape in a warthog while being chased by banshees. You can dig it up here if your intrested:

http://halo.bungie.org/movie.html

Go to the bottom to see the older build of the game engine in action.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
JJaX is right. Plus those are all just concept pics anyway. None from ingame which is why you have lots of 3rd person perspective on the Chief.

just because there 3rd person doesnt mean there concept ;)
They can sore around any where in a live game, They got the utilities and Apps :D

Example:
http://halo.bungie.org/screenshots/truthandrecon.032202/18.jpg

go here for more!
http://halo.bungie.org/screenshots/display.html

Gamer101
03-28-2002, 03:12 PM
I thought I just read the MS will not be releasing Halo on PC.

ezekiel
03-28-2002, 03:15 PM
Read the rest of the post :eek:

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 03:17 PM
I didn't mean, totally not ingame. I meant not from the same perspective that you would have while playing the game. Like you said, they have the tools to setup the scene then move the camera to any angle to get their shots.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Gamer101
I thought I just read the MS will not be releasing Halo on PC.

this is for you....read it

http://halo.bungie.org/faq/

ecco
03-28-2002, 04:37 PM
You have to beat it into them: THE HALO MAC/PC PROJECT WAS SCRAPPED WHEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED FOR XBOX

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ecco
You have to beat it into them: THE HALO MAC/PC PROJECT WAS SCRAPPED WHEN IT WAS ANNOUNCED FOR XBOX

No, from JJaX's link and the Bungie FAQ

As stated above, the PC versions will most likely be out in 2002.
"Only on Xbox" means "Not on any other console".
It does NOT mean "Never coming to Mac or PC".
Halo WILL be coming to Mac and PC.
This has been confirmed, specifically, literally dozens of times by many Bungie employees, including Matt Soell (Community Liason), Jon Kimmich (Halo Product Planner), and Alex Seropian (co-founder of Bungie).

ecco
03-29-2002, 01:21 AM
Show me a recent confirmation and press release.

Spike Minoda
03-29-2002, 01:46 AM
Even If this isn't it, I CANNOT WAIT for the PC version. NAh, why get the pc version if it is like the xbox one when I got a vga box!?

LynxFX
03-29-2002, 01:48 AM
Show me a recent confirmation and press release.

I think Bungie's FAQ is as up to date as you can get. Why don't you do some of your own research instead of just dismissing those that did theirs.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 09:01 AM
LYNXFX, Good work in here! At least someone in here knows WTF there talking about. Yeah, Id say Bungies FAQ is pretty solid evidence (Last updated February 5, 2002). Just let them create rumors and speculate when the facts are right in there face. ;)

AHAHAHHA Lookin at Halo pics form 99 "WOW HALO ON THE PC IS GONNA BE AWESOMe!!!"

Tools :rolleyes:

ecco
03-29-2002, 12:53 PM
It seems you're correct. However, I'd still like to see a press release or something confirming it.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ecco
It seems you're correct. However, I'd still like to see a press release or something confirming it.

Search around the forums

http://halo.bungie.org

Bungie employees post there all the time to shut people like you up. :D

SnOoPy
03-29-2002, 01:11 PM
WoW Master Chief has a Rocket Launcher, I wonder why they took it out of the game. O well, maybe Halo 2 ;)

I think the PC version will be out early next year, I doubt that we'll see it this year if they don't show it in E3.

http://www.gamesurge.com/pc/halo/images/halo_ss17.jpg

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 01:40 PM
I know this is going to sound ignorant but I thought halo was an exclusive why is it coming to the pc??

JJaX
03-29-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Paul86
I know this is going to sound ignorant but I thought halo was an exclusive why is it coming to the pc??

Exclusive to consoles.

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 01:51 PM
thats stupid then no one needs a console they can just play games on there computers and skip a 300$ charge and you get the games first

l Maximus l
03-29-2002, 01:57 PM
thats stupid then no one needs a console they can just play games on there computers and skip a 300$ charge and you get the games first

Not really, dude. There are two types of gamers...PC gamers and console gamers. Yes, I realize that there are many that play on both...but, either way, a gamer that plays both always prefers one over the other. I think it's great that Halo is coming out on the PC eventhough I won't buy it...and probably because I feel that PCs are primarily used for Word Processing, Business, and Internet use. But, that's just my opinion as I am primarily a console gamer. I like to be able to plug a game in and play knowing that my console will play it regardless of the specs on my computer. Also, nothing beats the comfort of a nice soft couch over a computer chair. But, that's just me :)

JJaX
03-29-2002, 02:06 PM

You're dumb.........Real Dumb......

E Nomini Patri
03-29-2002, 07:51 PM

Why pay 1000-1500$ on a pc for a 50$ game that you can get for 350$ with an X-Box which has better graphics anyways? I think the answer speaks for itself. :rolleyes:

LynxFX
03-29-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by StarWarsFanMan

Why pay 1000-1500$ on a pc for a 50$ game that you can get for 350$ with an X-Box which has better graphics anyways? I think the answer speaks for itself. :rolleyes:

Because when you spend the dough on a PC you aren't spending it just to play that $50 game. When you buy a console, you are only buying it to play that $50 game. Big difference and hardly comparable.

I'm a hardcore PC gamer, well used to be. Slowed down this past couple generations. I bought the Xbox so I could play games that take advantage of the power of it as well as HD playing and DD 5.1 sound. But I will go back to PC gaming as well for the higher resolution and ultimately better 'looking' graphics of newer games coming. I will still enjoy some great console gaming as well.

FuNkY mOnK
03-30-2002, 11:53 AM
Well I’m happy with the xbox, and when xbox succeeds according to plan, you can bet your life MS will limit the games to the pc and have them brought exclusively to the xbox first. That’s the Bill Gates way. So for me, i'm not worried about my $300.00 investment.