PDA

View Full Version : First post... 1st person shooters or murder simulators?

coolerf150
03-28-2002, 03:20 PM
Well I would like to say hi to everyone... I am going to say just a piece of my mind...

Ther are a few bills in congress that are tring to discontinue 1st person shooter games. Just because a few murder cases have been "linked " back to the violence in these kinds of games.
It all still comes back to the whole nature vs nurture issue. If children are brought up right there would not be this problem...

I also wanted to say that I am a huge HALO fan. If any of you want to be schooled in a match on Game Spy... Just let me know.

Peace...

Laxeph
03-28-2002, 03:24 PM
I personally agree. I have nothing againt FPS, infact I love 'em! My mom is the not the biggest fan of them. She does not like violence. I don't think she thinks that FPS will make me shoot some one I think she does not like violence. But, thankfully she still lets me buy the games. Heck, she's not the one playing them.

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 03:30 PM
Why stop at FPS.

Let's get rid of everything that can be linked to murders.

I'll just list one since I'm sure others can keep listing all they want.

1) The Bible.

JJaX
03-28-2002, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Why stop at FPS.

1) The Bible.

AMEN!

Toder
03-28-2002, 03:43 PM
Man all this talk about FPS leading to murders is crap. No one in there right mind would any of things they can do in these games. Heck do they even know that these murderors played these games. I think FPS are good games that can even be used to relieve stress, instead of making someone angry and want to shoot someone. Come one if someone is raised right there not going to do these horrible things.

Chr0nik
03-28-2002, 03:48 PM
The same hypocrits that want FPS banned probably are the same

people who beat their spouses and molest their children. They

are a bunch of damn hypocrits. If you can't educate and love your

child enough for them to differentiate between fact and fiction

then the only place to point the blame is half-assed parenting. I

think that movies and television should be hit way before we

start witch hunting game makers.

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 04:19 PM
It's funny, the military uses FPS to train troups and teach teamwork.

Architects use FPS like Quake2 to show customers 3d walkthroughs of the projects they are working on. Only problem was being killed by elevators and falling off stairs with no hand rails. :)

I use FPS to relieve stress.

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 04:21 PM
I agree...it's all about parenting. Besides, the vast majority of FPS are rated "Mature", therefore, a child will not be able to buy an "M" rated game without the assistance of a parent. Too bad those parents that buy them for their kids are clueless about what their kids are playing. But, they can't blame the game developers for this...they can blame themselves.

To me, playing video games is imagining you are something that you are not. For intance, when I play Halo, I'm the Master Chief in the year 2552 fighting to save the world from the enemies that want to destroy the universe, namely, the Covenant and the Flood.

Also, when I play Rallisport Challenge, I am a furocious rally sport racer in Europe driving and slamming my way to become the champion of the sport!

When I play UFC Tapout, I am a fighter trying to win the Ultimate Fighting Championship belt!

When I play NFL2K2, I am a team member of one of the teams from the National Football League trying to win the Superbowl!

Literally, every game turns the vast majority of us gamers into something that we are not. I guess the idiotic politians know what is best for us because they truly know what gaming is all about :rolleyes:

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Yeah I love being someone I'm not. :D

Now if they made a game based on being a politition or a Senator then that game would definately be rated mature or adult only. So much lying, drugs, stealing, blackmail, fornication, kidnapping, and murder.

I'll stick with shooting aliens composed of 1's and 0's.

Chr0nik
03-28-2002, 05:24 PM
The preal problem is that in life exists People who are generally Crazy Bastards. These people go out and commit acts of violence and stupidity. Then we turn around and blame what they watch, eat, read, etc.....

If a guy goes into his school and shoots up a bunch of kids and

teachers right after watching Sesame Street, would we blame

this incident on Big Bird or Elmo??

Don't think so.

There will always exist nut cases who will push the envelope, but games, media, etc are not to blame

Spaztic
03-28-2002, 05:36 PM
the only place to point the blame is half-assed parenting.

That about sums up my thoughts on the subject. Violence is unfortunatly a part of our society and blaming, Manson or violent games is the governments scapegoat for these problems. It all boils down to crappy parenting and a few bad apples. To bad they have to ruin it for the people that are mature enough to handle games like these.

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 05:41 PM
We should really just blame it on reading Shakespeare in schools. If you want some hardcore all out murderous violence then look no further.

El Pollo Loco
03-28-2002, 05:50 PM
Why stop at FPS.

1) The Bible.

exactly.

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 05:57 PM
Politians make me want to http://homepages.nyu.edu/~lk409/smilies/vomit.gif

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 06:16 PM
Max you are having too much fun with: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~lk409/smilies/vomit.gif
that it makes me want to return the favor.
http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/repuke.gif

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 06:35 PM
Max you are having too much fun with: http://homepages.nyu.edu/~lk409/smilies/vomit.gif
that it makes me want to return the favor.
http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/repuke.gif

hehe...Funny thing is, my mother actually collects all of the smiley pics! Everytime I see a new one, I shoot them over! So, I sent that one to her, too! Nice! Also, I noticed you have new ones in your siggy, too :D I sent those, too! hehe

Do you know where I can get a bunch of them?

Plewis
03-28-2002, 06:53 PM
if any of you are worried about it... it'll never happen.. some stupid politician was trying to get overprotective moms on his side. even though he knows that it would violate our 1st amendment rights to freedom of speech. Stupid politicians:mad:

Snoopy7548
03-28-2002, 08:09 PM
We should really just blame it on reading Shakespeare in schools. If you want some hardcore all out murderous violence then look no further.

yea, we're reading julius caesar in school, and we're watching the movie, it showed us the murder scene in the movie, it was pretty cool. anyway, linking violence to videogames is the most idiotic excuse for anything i have ever heard. even before videogames, there were A TON of murders, killings, violence going on. i.e: charles manson, hitler, war generals, etc. these people have never even dreamed of playing a videogame, but yet they were some of the most crazy people that ever lived.:eek:

NomadLLama
03-28-2002, 10:43 PM
Why stop at FPS.

1) The Bible.

2) Religion

my dad and I always make jokes about pastors and stuff like that. his philosophy is that religion makes people stupid. it makes them believe in something that they don't even know about. he believes that there was something that created us, but as of now, we cannot worship it becuase we don't know what it is. oh and just look at terrorists! jihad and crap like that! im not dissing Islam followers, but just look at that.

AlBoogy
03-28-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by NomadLLama

2) Religion

my dad and I always make jokes about pastors and stuff like that. his philosophy is that religion makes people stupid. it makes them believe in something that they don't even know about. he believes that there was something that created us, but as of now, we cannot worship it becuase we don't know what it is. oh and just look at terrorists! jihad and crap like that! im not dissing Islam followers, but just look at that.

Chill, lets not start a holy war in here.

Touchy subjects
1. Abortion
2. Religion

I've never seen anyone have a regular discussion about these things if you have opposing sides. I could do it cause it doesn't bother me but some people get feisty as hell.

VenoM
03-29-2002, 12:38 AM
i say if your gonna kill someone your gonna kill someone...why?...cause your a crazy bastard to begin with...it would be just a matter of time.....no normal person would do what you see in a video game...if you do then your screwed up in the head...i do agree small kids that dont know right from wrong should not be playing these games and if they do and the parents know about it they should atleast talk to the child about it..same goes with movies

Spike Minoda
03-29-2002, 12:50 AM
FPS! :D

Hugh_Jass
03-29-2002, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by coolerf150

Ther are a few bills in congress that are tring to discontinue 1st person shooter games.

Do you have links to the details of these bills? It's the first I've heard of an all-out ban on the genre.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 08:02 AM
Dudes, I dont even wanna get started about this crap. Im tired of living in a society that blames its own devices for one Crazy fuks actions. Quit trying to find scapegoats and realize that theres just dumb muth Fukers out there. Quit trying to blame games, TV and music.

Everything now is trying to get Politically correct.
Ever sit down and look at what the fuk Politically correct really is?
Instead of being Politically correct try being right.

ACk! I cant really type what i wanna say because its difficult for me. But this topic really annoys the hell out of me. Fuk all the marci Darcis on this planet. Go save a whale or go moutain climbing in search of the "yeti". Stay the fuk outta my hobby.

Alien
03-29-2002, 08:11 AM
Yeah, i agree. I'm only 13, and i play almost every game i want. And i dont wanna go out there and kill someone. Its just rubbish.

FuNkY mOnK
03-29-2002, 08:12 AM
I guess these terrorists of the sept 11th attack, played with MS flight simulators when they where kids? I guess they’ll have to ban fight sims also.

shererboat
03-29-2002, 08:16 AM
JJaX, i couldnt have said it better......

if kids are getting violent and murderous, u dont need to look at the video games theyre playing or the music theyre listening to.....instead look no farther then their parents!!!.......dont spoil my fun b/c u cant teach ur kids the difference between "reality" and the entertainment value of things...... :mad:

sorry for anyone that isnt a fan, but i feel the need to quote slim shady here...."u f'in do gooders, to bad u couldnt do good as parents!!......"

TheDorfler
03-29-2002, 10:55 AM
When I grew up my generation would always see and hear nice things like Sesame St. and Mr. Rogers. So, if we want to blame game violence for real violence how come we don't take into account all the nice artsy fartsy crap we also grew up on? I am pretty sure all these kids committing murder also saw Sesame St. too as well as the violent games and movies. All this is like blaming water for causing cancer, because water is found in all cancers. Do we need to ban water?

coolerf150
03-29-2002, 11:28 AM
Just trying to see if i could get some replies, to see if yall felt the same way i do on this issue....

This will never pass in congress...just wanted to see if I could Ruffle YOUR feathers.Peace

JJaX
03-29-2002, 12:13 PM
Im sueing my Icecream man. He sold me candy cigaretes as a child, And now i smoke.

Id probaly win too!

XBOX Dude
03-29-2002, 04:43 PM
i hate how a few stuck up over protective parents and messed up politicians can screw an entire country. this reminds of when i was at my dads and my crazy ass born again christian mom caught me watching the smurfs.... yes the smurfs she thought they were evil cause of the bad guy:confused: she also has a problem with violent games she says they corrupt a childs mind and i said well i played games like this all my life and i'm not corrupted. that stumped her cause she's not that bright.

LynxFX
03-29-2002, 05:19 PM
If you want scary movie reviews, check http://www.capalert.com/ Imagine if that formula became the standard for giving movie ratings. :rolleyes:

Snoopy7548
03-29-2002, 06:00 PM
hahaha, that website is soooooo stupid. i cant believe that anyone would take them seriously, and if someone does, i feel REALLY REALLY bad for their children, cause they have to suffer this, haha:D

Snoopy7548
03-29-2002, 06:04 PM
these people are lying out of their asses, in the bless the child "review", look what they have: tempting a child to jump off a bridge, adult threatening a child by holding her over a bridge railing.
that is a bunch of crap, cause it wasnt a bridge, it was a fu*kin building! haha, like that makes alot of difference, but anyway, they should get their facts straight.:mad:

Snoopy7548
03-29-2002, 06:15 PM
ahahaha: We have a zero tolerance policy about hateful, vulgar, and obscene mail. Without notice to the sender, such mail is automatically forwarded to the service provider for action in accordance with their Acceptable Use Policy. Threats are sent to the FBI. If the sender is a minor, parents will be notified.
note the bold. haha

check this "offense to god" thing out, it was from the movie house on haunted hill:
invisible force operating computer
haha, how is that an offense to god?

another offense to god in jimmy neutron boy genius: "Human and monkey DNA only differ by 2%". this site is more evil than the movies it reviews, how picky can it get? these people are psychos if they really belive in what they write. this site is such crap, it should be banned from everyones computer.

oh man, i just had to add this, this one really makes me mad, its an offense to god thing, from the movie Tarzan:
implications and references to Darwinian evolution.
how the f*ck is that an offense to god? i mean come on, how g*y can these people get? like do they not believe in anything scientific or something? jesus, this site is the worst site i have ever seen in my life.:mad:

mrmp3
03-29-2002, 06:30 PM
The part I don't get is since Lieberman_69..er..Jimbo...er...65 year old man with a ***** the size of a headphone jack won't stop making people paranoid. It's literally brainwashing. If you think about it, they could just tell parents with kids 9 and younger about how bad games are since that's an age when some kids get into video games. Fine the parents fear video games. Their kids will sooner see the abolishment of the PTA (which isn't such a bad idea) then they will see FPS's. But then the parents don't stop. They continue to preach about how evil they are, support the PTA, and have protests outside your local EB. It's f*ckin ridiculous. If they ban video games sooner than the KKK, then congress should be shot. If Joe Lieberman got assasinated by a 75 year old man, they'd blame it on Halo since his son's, son's, mother's, brother's, cousin's dad owns an Xbox. Seriously someone should start a support group for gamers who honestly aren't messed up by video games. That way games wouldn't be edited for ridiculous reasons. Not just FPS's, but video games in general are stress relievers. Maybe it's cause your whoopin someone's ass on the TV, or the fact your smashin the **** out of the buttons, w/e it is, I feel so much better after playing video games. Signing off...

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 06:34 PM
Hey if your gonna kill someeone after playing a fps you should be in a insane asylum sometimes i play video gamesto alm me down and not hurt anyone i dont play video games to make me hurt people

Snoopy7548
03-29-2002, 06:45 PM
i dont think we'll have to worry about anything, george w bush is from texas, where they practically worship guns:D

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 06:53 PM
dont forget the electric chair

Snoopy7548
03-29-2002, 06:54 PM
mmmmm, electric. haha:D

gula
03-29-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
mmmmm, electric. haha:D

Its electic, do do do do do do do do do do.

He sold me candy cigaretes as a child, And now i smoke.

Hmmm....candy cigarretes kick ass. :D

NomadLLama
03-29-2002, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by AlBoogy

Chill, lets not start a holy war in here.

Touchy subjects
1. Abortion
2. Religion

I've never seen anyone have a regular discussion about these things if you have opposing sides. I could do it cause it doesn't bother me but some people get feisty as hell.

Holy war? wars were and aren't never holy. killing is not holy, and anger is not something good as i recall from this christian school i went to as a kid. but actually, yeah the teachers and pastors were a bit not friendly when u talked bad about Jesus.

Brevity
03-29-2002, 10:29 PM
First I wanna say Jjax that Cigarette bit was way funny and after taking many hour of law “I could see someone winning a case like that.” Hay don’t laugh; people win stupid cases every day like the Mc Donald’s hot coffee case.

Now since no one has said so: welcome Cooler, and thanks for not giving me credit for this post ,,not.

Next my opinion; I just two sem. ago had to write this 5 page paper over a very similar topic. I do want to point out that the army uses FPS for thier training sims, and children who have not got strong role models or negative role models may come away from a game like that feeling a little more desensitized to violence and could find it a little more acceptable to off a friend or himself. As to the nature nurture thing, wow you know I have written two papers on this two years in a row to the same teacher and took the opposite position on both and got am A on both of them; the thing is that that is a undecided issue or rather a opinion based one, anyway from what I read many people take it many dif. ways. That said, I LOVE FPS they so rock and to prove it anyone can play me at Halo and I will beat you 9 out of 10 times; you cant say and back somethen like that up w/o having played some serious FPS. My fav’s right now R Halo, MOHAA, and RCW. I think that children from good homes (loving) are not going to be affected that much from a FPS, though I can see someone saying it can at least desensitize someone some,,but not to the point of murder,,,that could come from those Faces of Death shows though,,, they are really creepy and no I don’t watch them, well maybe one or a half.

Now I think Snooopy and Lynxfx should just take some Valium. Haha, but seriously I think religious talk and or opinions R best put else where. Not that they are not important to you and this topic but as a Christian and a God fearing American I think that people have many dif. thoughts on God and I would not want to offend any of my XBA palls. And I hope I haven’t, except for Ninja and E-Box I can offend him Maxi said so.

Now to the goods: here is a site for the biggest of the bills. Also if you have or can get the Oct 2001 issue (102) of GameInformer, it has a 5 page article on the bills and the people involved, its great.Here is one of the Bills (http://lieberman.senate.gov/~lieberman/press/01/04/2001426632.html) :)
The leaders in this fight in congress is J. Lieberman, H. Clinton, and J. McCain; but as someone wisely said this is one of those hot topics mint to pick up conservative votes, like cleaning up the poor in the city. Well I have said a lot so I will go and wait for more info to come. Peace and P.S. I have had LAN FPS party’s since forever and none of those who have attended them through the years has ever shot any of us or other people at least in real life.
Maximus, JJax or anyone can you tell me hoe to put in those smile faces like those in your Sig area. And Frost please make me one of those bad ars sig pic's. Max I love your new one. PM me the replys for just that stuff so we dont hurt this tread.

LynxFX
03-29-2002, 11:00 PM
Brevity,

Valium eh? :)

I didn't mean to turn this into a religious argument. My appologies there. I have nothing against religion as a whole. It is good to believe and have faith in something.

My whole point of listing the bible as point #1 is because it was the truth. I have nothing against it except that the people that do blame horrible stuff on easy scapegoats like the media or video games always end up using the bible or some variation of it as their backup.

I pointed out the site, without quoting it I might add, because that is one example where religion extremists seem to go too far in what they believe and their reviews of movies easily translate over to games. But it is their opinions which they have every right to have. So why point it out? Because it is usually, usually, these people that go to congress and try to ban my right to play or see such things.

So no more on religion by me. :)

MethodZ
03-29-2002, 11:12 PM
we get rid of fps whats next movies soon were gonna live in a land like teletubbies lets not lose reality.

Brevity
03-29-2002, 11:23 PM
Very,Very level headed reply Lynxfx. I only ment that half heartedly. I can see your point after all more people have died in this world in the name of religion thanfor any other reason.

coolerf150
03-29-2002, 11:38 PM
Well just a line to say I owe this thread topic to Brevity,,,He's the Best. I also wanna say I suck at Halo, I mean I cant beat an eight year old,,really. I also like dressing up like a girl while playing Shrek.

And maybe just maybe Brev has gotten ahold of my user name and pass and is writting this whole thing. ???????Just haven some fun Cooler. Seeya tomorrow.:) :)

GuiltySpark
03-30-2002, 01:26 AM
every case soem politican brings to court fall flat on its face. Indiana tried to make violent arcade games be put in a separate room in arcades. The video companys ended up counter suing the state of indiana. The columbine parents tried to sue and still lost. If it gets to the point where liberman actually has a chance of passin his insane bill then the whole entertainment industry will pull a "one for all and all for one" because they have stake in the video game industry not to mention that the movie and tv industry are next so they could easliy do thigns like make commercials doggin lieberman and his lackeys and continuly pointed to the first admendment or simply jsut pump some more cash in the democratic party. Besides senator lieberman is old he might retire or have a heart attack. Also in 20 years everyoen will eb used to this type of entertainment and most people will be playing games so the whole lets end violent entertainment movment will die. Oh yeah that christtian movie review site is hilarious. Petr pan return to neverland is given oen fo their best reviews in terms of cleaness but is not recomended for children by one guy ebcuase its not simple enough for kids and involves taking place during WWII which is something kids should never learn about. Idiots.........

Snoopy7548
03-30-2002, 11:16 AM
brev, i didnt mean to offend people or anything, im a christian and i believe in god, although i never go to church cause its boring, but thats besides the point. what i was saying is that i dont really like all the people who worship the ground god walked on. i mean, that website is not a good one, it analyzes even kid movies, and finds every single "bad" thing about it. it just makes me sick that people would do something like that. and if these people believed in god, and worshipped him so much, then wouldnt they be busy worshipping him or praying? instead of watching these movies, cause by their standards, no one is allowed to watch violent movies, but by the looks of it, they do all the time.:confused:

TheDorfler
04-01-2002, 10:43 AM
Beware the person who will back up anything they do by the Bible. The Bible was purposely written to be vague so that each person can come away with what is important to them and in their lives. If you don't believe this you need to read the works by John Calvin. Never trust a religious fanatic, ever. If you want proof just look at history, it is full of misdeeds and ignorance caused by religious fantacism. Remember, the Black Plague was supposed to be God's wrath upon man for sin, not a disease. LOL.

Also, if you don't like what is on, change the channel, game, or station. It isn't that hard, and if you can't do that please don't breed. You inbreed SOBs.

JJaX
04-01-2002, 11:08 AM
Religon has the answers that science has Yet to figure out.

Religon was created because they where interpretting what couldnt be explained at the time. But humans have taken science and technology to such a level that they have proof that all the disasters and events that take place in the bible werent that Godley, but just natural events.

For example:
The flamming bush - There is a plant in that part of the mideast that has sap as flamable as gasoline. A simple spark sets the bush on fire. Thats how it the plant spreads it seeds.

There are many more events that can easily be explained in our time. I saw something on the discovery channel about this stuff.

Im not saying the events didnt occur, I just think they mistook nature and natural events for Godley actions.

Flame me all you want................

** Why did i write this? Am I OT??**

Plewis
04-01-2002, 11:25 AM
why has this thread turned in to a whole bash of religion. I am a christian. If someone in here can give me one thing in the Bible that can be disproven by science I will become an atheist. But, it seems everytime a scientist does that... he either becomes christian... or dies trying. Not all christians are fanatics about this kind of thing. They just go over the edge trying to do the right thing. I heard someone say how can you believe in something you cant see. have you seen the air;) do you believe in it? any more questions feel free to bash me. You can try and disprove me. I will reply though:)

P.S. I dont think lieberman was trying to pass this kind of bill. hes the one that started to esrb rating system, because it would be unconstitutional to ban violent videogames all together

JJaX
04-01-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Plewis
why has this thread turned in to a whole bash of religion. I am a christian. If someone in here can give me one thing in the Bible that can be disproven by science

No one said anything about disproving. Were just saying the events that occured were natural and can be explained. Well most of them :D

Plewis
04-01-2002, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

No one said anything about disproving. Were just saying the events that occured were natural and can be explained. Well most of them :D

and all this just happened to people who believed in God... even though the world had a ton more pagans... hmmm... seems like a higher power to me;)

LynxFX
04-01-2002, 12:09 PM
*Lynxfx tries to curve thread back to games and away from religion*

Uhh, games don't kill people, people kill people. Sometimes wild animals and mother nature. Actually I guess games do kill people. There was this guy in the Philipines that was playing Counter Strike all night long and his heart failed.

Beware the Dark Foce known as The Game

JJaX
04-01-2002, 12:14 PM

and all this just happened to people who believed in God... even though the world had a ton more pagans... hmmm... seems like a higher power to me;)

And your bitinging on everyword written by 1 group of people......
People who believe that you must believe what i believe or you go to hell. Sounds pretty ignorant to me.

WHats that?? You believe in what??? Here, Let me build this "missionary" for you. Learn what "really" happened and whos really your creator. If you dont you die.

Whatever though. I think people should just beleive what they want. that goes for all religons. I just dont think its right to convert people.

Plewis
04-01-2002, 12:38 PM

And your bitinging on everyword written by 1 group of people......
People who believe that you must believe what i believe or you go to hell. Sounds pretty ignorant to me.

WHats that?? You believe in what??? Here, Let me build this "missionary" for you. Learn what "really" happened and whos really your creator. If you dont you die.

Whatever though. I think people should just beleive what they want. that goes for all religons. I just dont think its right to convert people.

the only reason people want to convert people is because they dont want them to go to Hell. Well it sounds pretty ignorant to me to believe that everything on earth happened by chance. That there was no greater being.

JJaX
04-01-2002, 12:46 PM

the only reason people want to convert people is because they dont want them to go to Hell. Well it sounds pretty ignorant to me to believe that everything on earth happened by chance. That there was no greater being.

The universe is a amazing place. So amazing your mind cant even comprehend whats really out there. So Yeah, Earth does exist by chance. THe right atoms in the right place at the right tempeture at the right time.

maybe the greater being was just a more advanced race that existed in another part of the galaxy. Hell if i know? THats the thing, I dont know.

And i think religon plays a great part in filling those holes, For most people it brings comfort and eases there mind.

Plewis
04-01-2002, 12:53 PM
how can you believe that a few specs of dust collide and cause the universe... there are plenty of things to disprove the big bang theory
E.G. If the dust hit, and expand into all these planets:rolleyes: ... all the planets would spin the same way. Uranuse spins sideways;)

I know you never said that you believe in the big bang, but it looks like thats what you believe in.

JJaX
04-01-2002, 12:56 PM
how can you believe that a few specs of dust collide and cause the universe... there are plenty of things to disprove the big bang theory
E.G. If the dust hit, and expand into all these planets:rolleyes: ... all the planets would spin the same way. Uranuse spins sideways;)

I know you never said that you believe in the big bang, but it looks like thats what you believe in.

OMFG. Your a moron dude.

1st off, Read up on your Big bang theory.
It wasnt dust that expanded into planets. Dam, How old are you? (15 at the most) Did they teach you anything about space??

Brush up on your universe knowledge and specualtion before you talk about it anymore. Thats the dumbest thing ive heard in quite a while. Thanks for the laugh man!!!

The planets spin in different directions, So that proves the BB theory is irrelevant??????

A derrrr A Derrrrrrr A Derrrrrrrr Retart........

shererboat
04-01-2002, 12:59 PM
see, this is the beauty of america, u can believe and think what u want.....unfortunatley, theres people that r so set in their ways, they refuse to let people have a different opinion!!!

if religion fills those holes for u (right JJaX??), bully for u then.....but if i dont buy into it, that doesnt mean im going to hell......if i dont believe in religion in the first place, what makes u think i believe in hell??

anyways, i found a better site/forum,more suitable for this topic:

www.whogiveacrapwhatuthink.com

;) ;) ;)

JJaX
04-01-2002, 01:09 PM
My fault plewis. It seems i was correct. You are only 15. I suggest as you grow up try taking some courses that will expand your mind. And when your sitting there learning about the big bang and theories of the universe (see how big it really is) i want you to remember we had this coversation. But im sure your ignorance will overwhelm your desire to learn and you will think all these scientific discoverys are just smokes and mirrors.........

Plewis
04-01-2002, 01:09 PM
sorry i dont keep up to date with things I dont believe in. :confused: It's been a long time since I heard what the big bange was... scientist always have to be right. even thought they keep changing their mind BTW- I wasnt trying to convert JJax. Religion was being bashed so much in this thread I was just trying to even it out. You can believe in what you want. It is your right. I was just voicing what I believe. The Bible is the most bought book in the world for a reason. ;)

LynxFX
04-01-2002, 01:16 PM
*Lynxfx notices that his attempt to steer thread back ontopic didn't work*
*Can't beat em, join em*

Disclaimer: Lynxfx has nothing against religion as a whole and believes that you can believe anything you want to believe if that is what you believe. Believe me when I say that.

What gets me about religion in general and one of the reasons why I stopped going to church (but I still believe that there is something out there) is because there are tons of different religions out there all claiming to be 'the one' religion. All have people willing to die for that belief and most will try desperately to get you to believe with them. How many wars have been fought about that within just the last 2000 years? Darn near all of them. So my question is, how do you know you picked the right religion? What if Hinduism is the right one? What if it is Christianity? What if the Native Americans had it all right? What if the guy on the street with the sandwich sign whom is always mumbling to himself about being the chosen one is right? How do you know? Do you want to know? You can say that you have faith and believe but so do all of the people have chosen a religion that collides with yours.

I personally believe that regilion was created as a safety net to keep people's minds at ease about the world that they couldn't explain. Those that told the best stories got the most followers.

JJaX
04-01-2002, 01:21 PM
I personally believe that regilion was created as a safety net to keep people's minds at ease about the world that they couldn't explain. Those that told the best stories got the most followers.

I tried to saying that, But you just put it in better words ;)

Plewis
04-01-2002, 01:22 PM
every religious leader's bones are still where they were buried except for Jesus Christ's. Your right, you do have to have faith. You know every prophecy in the Bible came true. Except the ones yet to come...

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 01:23 PM
*Lynxfx notices that his attempt to steer thread back ontopic didn't work*
*Can't beat em, join em*

Disclaimer: Lynxfx has nothing against religion as a whole and believes that you can believe anything you want to believe if that is what you believe. Believe me when I say that.

What gets me about religion in general and one of the reasons why I stopped going to church (but I still believe that there is something out there) is because there are tons of different religions out there all claiming to be 'the one' religion. All have people willing to die for that belief and most will try desperately to get you to believe with them. How many wars have been fought about that within just the last 2000 years? Darn near all of them. So my question is, how do you know you picked the right religion? What if Hinduism is the right one? What if it is Christianity? What if the Native Americans had it all right? What if the guy on the street with the sandwich sign whom is always mumbling to himself about being the chosen one is right? How do you know? Do you want to know? You can say that you have faith and believe but so do all of the people have chosen a religion that collides with yours.

Well, dude...not that I want to get in a religious debate, but, I would like to say this:

There is a HUGE difference between religion and Christianity. To me, a religion is, for example: Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, etc....all of which are derived from what is known as "Christianity". That's my take on things...so, to me, there is a huge difference.

But, really...what is Christianity? Christianity is simply believing and accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world. This has nothing to do with sitting in a congregation or organized setting...it's simply belief and faith. So, to me, Christianity is a relationship whereas Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, etc are religions.

Anyway, just my $0.02 :)

Plewis
04-01-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Well, dude...not that I want to get in a religious debate, but, I would like to say this:

There is a HUGE difference between religion and Christianity. To me, a religion is, for example: Catholic, Baptist, Methodist, Lutheran, etc....all of which are derived from what is known as "Christianity". That's my take on things...so, to me, there is a huge difference.

But, really...what is Christianity? Christianity is simply believing and accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world. This has nothing to do with sitting in a congregation or organized setting...it's simply belief and faith. So, to me, Christianity is a relationship whereas Baptist, Catholic, Methodist, etc are religions.

Anyway, just my $0.02 :)

well said, although technically those are denominations of christianity. But that is exactly what christianity is. This forum is supposed to be about videogames... although I am one of the main people that have fueled this religous things.

*Plewis tags out *

LynxFX
04-01-2002, 01:38 PM
Yeah I was using Christianity in a general way to include all denominations of it. Much easier than trying list them all. ;) I was raised Lutheran and went through Catechism and all that jazz. Now I just don't go to church, or an organized formal setting to get lectured on it. I do my believing from my own home.

Ok I'm out of this discussion too.

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 01:38 PM

well said, although technically those are denominations of christianity. But that is exactly what christianity is. This forum is supposed to be about videogames... although I am one of the main people that have fueled this religous things.

*Plewis tags out *

Exactly...yes, the fact that Catholicism, Batist, Methodist, Lutheran, etc are "denominations" of Christianity demonstrates that Christianity and religion are different. Christianity being the main subject and denominations being man-made subsets of the main subject. Often times, people misconstrue this simple concept, but, that's reality.

Personally, I find that religion really turns people away Christianity while at the same time it helps people come to Christianity. It depends on an individual's experience. But, to me, Christianity is simply having a direct personal and intimate relationship with Jesus Christ.

Snoopy7548
04-01-2002, 02:01 PM
i dont really like religion that much. (prepares to get flamed) i never go to church, except on christmas eve, cause my mom makes me go. i just think that church is stupid and a waste of time. i mean, we dont HAVE to go to church to worship god, we can worship him in our own way, like praying at home or something. it doesnt mean that some is bad just because they dont go to church. i just dont believe in what the church teaches. im not like a devil worshipper or anything like that, im a really nice kid, i just dont think that going to church is really a necessity in our lives.

coolerf150
04-01-2002, 03:12 PM
JJax...anytime ... on Halo...

I Will OWN YOU.....

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 03:19 PM
JJax...anytime ... on Halo...

I Will OWN YOU.....

Dude, cooler....JJaX is one impressive Halo player...those are some pretty big words. I mean, I am a d a m n good competitor in Halo, however, I wouldn't say I could own JJaX! I think I could hold my own.....for awhile....but, I don't think I could beat JJaX quite yet. Even if JJaX ran around with the relatively inneffective covenant nail gun, he'd still end up beating me against my rocket Launcher...the dude is insane! :D

coolerf150
04-01-2002, 03:23 PM
Maybee i won't own JJaX....

But i sure will try to Kick His A$$..

That is on My own scernio...

JJaX
04-01-2002, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the backup MaX!

I really dont need to boast about my skllz, But ill tell you this Cooler, Your waking a sleeping giant.

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 03:45 PM
Maybee i won't own JJaX....

But i sure will try to Kick His A$$..

That is on My own scernio...

Dude...I can respect a fellow man backing up his own confidence in his ability to play such an innovative game...but, d a m n, dude...drawing the line in the sand at JJaX could be embarrassing...trust me, I did it and ended up looking like an idiot! :D Well, kinda...I didn't exactly challenge him, though, I was interested in playing him...we ended up playing...and, D A M N!!! It was armegeddon!

Of course that was only a couple weeks of me playing on-line...and, while I have vastly improved in the last couple months, I'm sure JJaX has, too...if that were possible. I'll tell you what, though, dude...if you have two buddies, therefore, making a a total of three...and you challenge JJaX, Shererboat, and NIK2Deep, prepare for Armeggedon, dude! I can honestly say that they are probably unstoppable!

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the backup MaX!

Dude, no problem...I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm not one to stroke your pride or anything...but, I recognize a talented gamer when I see one.

It would be fun to play against you again since I've gotten a lot better. I've practiced nearly every single night since the last time you and I played...sometimes for 10 minutes and other times for 5 hours. On average, though, I can safely say I have practiced 2 hours nearly every day. So, of course, I've gotten a lot better...but, I'm sure you have, too...if that is possible! I'm not going to say that I'll beat you...but, I will definately provide a little more competition compared to last time! lol :D

DZNUTZ
04-01-2002, 03:52 PM
i'm drawing a line in the sand right now!!!!! i can't wait ta get my ass kicked by u guys.

l Maximus l
04-01-2002, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by DZNUTZ
i'm drawing a line in the sand right now!!!!! i can't wait ta get my ass kicked by u guys.

lol, DZNUTZ...what a coincidence!! I can't wait to kick YOUR ass!!! :D hehe ;)

Snoopy7548
04-01-2002, 05:07 PM
my friend is so good at halo, he doesnt even own an xbox, he plays his friends one everyday, hes gonna buy one though, just for that game. he beats me all the time, i cant even kill him once

TheDorfler
04-01-2002, 05:11 PM
Has anybody ever thought that it is threw science that God has created all and that everything from the structure of the atom to the vastness of the universe is brought about threw God? So maybe to disregard science is also to disregard God. I believe God has created all, because there is too much simplicity, but more sophistication at the same time then we can discover as of now. I believe in Jesus, God, and the Holy Spirit, but I do believe science and mathematics are some of the keys to help understand God's creation. Even top scientists believe heavily in God b/c they work so long and hard with God's creation to believe otherwise would not be scientific. If you think about it without God there would be no life. B/c without God there would only be 1/1000000000000th of a chance of life. Those are not good odds. Take care all, but still beware the fanatic.

Snoopy7548
04-01-2002, 05:16 PM
true, but was god really that powerful? how do we even know there even WAS a god? we have no proof of anything. im not dissin god or anything, but im just saying, how could god create all these things, and WHO created god? theres so many questions that have to be answered, and its almost impossible to answer every question. we dont know enough information, maybe the info is in the black holes? dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm:D

TheDorfler
04-01-2002, 05:34 PM
That's right Snoopy, that's why you also have to have faith until science catches up with God. LOL. Take cares all.

coolerf150
04-02-2002, 10:56 AM
the original post was first person shooter or murder simulators...

All this God talk is way off subject.... or is it:cool: :cool:

cornflake
04-02-2002, 11:38 AM
If you want scary movie reviews, check http://www.capalert.com/ Imagine if that formula became the standard for giving movie ratings. :rolleyes:

Woah Thanks For The Laugh!!!!!:cool:

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 12:27 PM
true, but was god really that powerful? how do we even know there even WAS a god? we have no proof of anything. im not dissin god or anything, but im just saying, how could god create all these things, and WHO created god? theres so many questions that have to be answered, and its almost impossible to answer every question. we dont know enough information, maybe the info is in the black holes? dum dum dummmmmmmmmmm:D

Well, "who created God?"...Well, I don't believe that God was created. I believe that God created all things...even the concept of time and space. Think about it for a second and look at it outside of the box, so to speak. In the Bible, it says that 1000 years to us is like a minute to God...I don't think it to be literal, but a demonstration that time really doesn't apply to God. Why? Because God created the concept of time...meaning that things have a beginning and have an end. I think that He created that concept. Our finite human minds have a difficult time trying to understand this because we are only limited to our human minds and knowing that everything has a beginning and an end...but, I don't believe that is necessarily true...atleast when it comes to God.

Also, take "space" for example. In fact, why don't we think of outerspace. To us humans, it would seem as if there is some "great wall" out there in the universe where there has to be some sort of ending to stars, planets, and the like. But, in reality, space literally goes on forever. Again, this is a challenging concept for us humans to think since we are limited with our mentality that everything must fit into something. Know what I mean?

I think God is much more amazing than what we know about Him. Sometimes the unknown is a good thing :D

LynxFX
04-02-2002, 12:39 PM
Also, take "space" for example. In fact, why don't we think of outerspace. To us humans, it would seem as if there is some "great wall" out there in the universe where there has to be some sort of ending to stars, planets, and the like. But, in reality, space literally goes on forever. Again, this is a challenging concept for us humans to think since we are limited with our mentality that everything must fit into something. Know what I mean?

We've come to the conclusion that space is infinite for some time now. How? Scientists. The same ones that would get stoned in the old days for just bringing up a concept. I don't think we are limited with our mentality because we think everything must fit into something. Instead the options are limitless. 'Religion' is based on faith of the unknown. It is those that have faith in knowing that there is a reason for everything that keeps the human race moving forward. Not those that just say "it is that way just because."

A good question to ask yourself is not do you believe in God or a God but do you believe in fate? Do you think you are controlling everything in your life or if it is already prescripted for you and you are just following the numbers? I don't really know how I personally would answer that.

cornflake
04-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Lynx, Jesus hates you now :)

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 12:47 PM
A good question to ask yourself is not do you believe in God or a God but do you believe in fate? Do you think you are controlling everything in your life or if it is already prescripted for you and you are just following the numbers? I don't really know how I personally would answer that.

Personally, I would like to answer that. I've done a little study on it, so, maybe I can add my $0.02. Really, this is a case of Arminianism vs Calvanism. The Arminianism standpoint is that people live their lives as they would without it being laid out for them, however, God simply knows what choices or things that are going to happen due to His foreknowledge (ability to know the future). In other words, God doesn't have things mapped out, however, He already knows what the outcome is because He knows the future.

By contrast, Calvanistic standpoint is that everything is already laid out. As if we are doing things and making choices that God had already planned for us.

Personally, I hold much closer to the Arminianism standpoint. :)

cornflake
04-02-2002, 01:45 PM
basically destiny vs. (for lack of a better word) the oppisite of destiny?

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Well, "who created God?"...Well, I don't believe that God was created. I believe that God created all things...even the concept of time and space.

yea, but, i mean, like how did God come into existence? i believe that god was created, because how was he made? if he did all of these things, then WHO or WHAT created god?? its like a question thats impossible to answer, just like the question: what came first? the chicken or the egg? its impossible to answer so many questions about god, because theres no answer to them, we have aboslutely no proof, except for the bible, but that still doesnt explain some things.

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 01:59 PM
i think that there is no way to tell if there is fate or not, its impossible to know. like if you do something, theres a consequence, but we have absolutely no way of knowing what would happen if we did something different. you only get one chance at something, theres no way to turn back the clock. i realized this while watchin terminator 2:eek: haha. they had a good quote: there is no fate but what we make for ourselves. this got me thinkin, that we only have 1 chance at something, and there is no way to turn back the clock and see what would happen if we did something else. :eek:

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 02:01 PM

yea, but, i mean, like how did God come into existence? i believe that god was created, because how was he made? if he did all of these things, then WHO or WHAT created god?? its like a question thats impossible to answer, just like the question: what came first? the chicken or the egg? its impossible to answer so many questions about god, because theres no answer to them, we have aboslutely no proof, except for the bible, but that still doesnt explain some things.

Hey, Snoopy...I think you might have missed my point. What I was trying to say is that because time doesn't apply to God, then, how would it be impossible that God was never created and simply always existed? Know what I mean? I mean, God created the entire concept of what we know as "time" (meaning, things have a beginning and and end). But, if time doesn't apply to God, simply because He is the Creator of that concept, then, it would make complete sense that God has simply always existed.

I believe that God is on a completely different "wavelength" than we are. I mean, I believe we are finite and God is Infinite. The Bible explains that God created all principalities and powers...this means all things whether tangible or intangible, all things were created by Him and Him alone. So, I think it's easy to understand, but, it can be very challenging to comprehend since we are only limited to our finite human minds. Know what I mean, dude?

Sorry if this is a little deep...I've just done a lot of studying and finding answers. Many people look to science for answers...which I do as well. And, even the Bible has scientific answers to things that only science has recently proven correct.

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 02:13 PM
this is confusing, my head hurts:eek:

JJaX
04-02-2002, 03:38 PM
Time is irrelevant. One earth year is a lap around the sun. Our solar system is just floating through our galaxy. The sun is just a piece of dust on the outer arm of our galaxy. Millions of galaxies exist, therefore we are irrelevant.
There are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on earth. We are so insignificant that we will never no the truth during our lives here on earth. Most people don’t grasp the concepts of how big the universe really is. I think it’s amazing and makes me wonder, why do I exist? I just think we have religion because our minds can dwell about our own existence. There could be races in our galaxy alone that are so advanced that we could just be there test or mistake. We will never encounter them though, because there civilization light years away could have reached there peak while we were still primates. We will never know. Im just rambling………….

DZNUTZ
04-02-2002, 03:43 PM
everyone know the egg came first snoop.....it only makes sense....the final "smallest" adaptation had to take place in the embryo stages in the egg....the thing that laid the egg was 99.9999999999% similar to the chicken as we now know it.

wow..i just solved one of the worlds most noturious mysteries....i should win something

cornflake
04-02-2002, 03:44 PM
yo cousins this **** is what'll make a jigga go insane know? its best not to think about it or find answers for it is only a waste of time mmmmk? we all live and we all die, in dying we shall find out answers so just live by the moment, go with the flow and read my quote

DZNUTZ
04-02-2002, 03:48 PM
hey..i'm a mexican....we don't die.....WE MULTIPLY!!!;)

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 03:51 PM
hahaha, dirty mexican, ha, me and my friends always make fun of mexicans, its so funny. we try to guess how many mexicans can fit into certain buildings, like we think that 1 million mexicans can fit in our school:D

cornflake
04-02-2002, 04:03 PM
no that wasnt a racist statement or anything.....:P

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 04:04 PM
it wasnt racist, its the truth! haha:D

DZNUTZ
04-02-2002, 04:07 PM
hold down snoop...your gonna make this mexican flex again..then the police gonna have ta call your next of kin.

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 04:11 PM
haha, youre a mexican? sorry bout that comment, hope i didnt offend u:)

DZNUTZ
04-02-2002, 04:14 PM
nah no offense taken... if you seen my reply to the "are all asians smart?" thread...u would know i don't belive in classifying people to races or ethniticities...

"i'm not racist....i own a color tv"
"i'm not racist....i hate everyone equally"

Brevity
04-02-2002, 04:55 PM
Funny how a thread can start out appropriate for this side of the forums then veer off in the direction of some of the lower forums cough Off topic forumcough I have nothing relevant to say so maybe I should say nothing at all, ,,ya that what I will do.

LynxFX
04-02-2002, 05:27 PM
I used to always think to myself, why am I me and not say, John or Billy or Steve? Why am I thinking this right now to myself and what is that voice? Why this time with this family? Etc etc. It makes your head spin.

I do believe there is a higher being. Maybe one that is controlling us or one that just set us in motion and we do the rest. Whether it is the God I was raised to believe in or whether it is some alien being from a far off galaxy just messing around. There must be something out there that did all this. I think it is just weird how our planet can sit dormant for 4 billion years then all of the sudden there is an explosion of life.

This thread is off topic but it is pretty interesting.

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 05:54 PM
yea, maybe the creator was none other than dum dum dummmmmmm E.T.!!!!!!! haha:D

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 06:06 PM
I used to always think to myself, why am I me and not say, John or Billy or Steve? Why am I thinking this right now to myself and what is that voice? Why this time with this family? Etc etc. It makes your head spin.

I do believe there is a higher being. Maybe one that is controlling us or one that just set us in motion and we do the rest. Whether it is the God I was raised to believe in or whether it is some alien being from a far off galaxy just messing around. There must be something out there that did all this. I think it is just weird how our planet can sit dormant for 4 billion years then all of the sudden there is an explosion of life.

This thread is off topic but it is pretty interesting.

Well, in the Bible, it teaches that man was created in the image of God. This means that we have a spiritual nature and "God awareness". This is probably why you, me, and the vast majority of the world believe in a higher being. In fact, over 95% of the world's population does. Unfortunately, man has, however, put religion in the way when really all we are is wanting to have this direct relationship with God. God created man...man created religion, hence, the reason why religion is so messed up. Society, for some reason, assures us that religion is the way, when, in reality, God is the way. Just my $0.02 :)

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 06:11 PM
a while ago, i was thinkin about death, and i realized that it was a really scary thing, like when u die, thats it, youre done. it gives me a weird feeling too, i cant really explain what im thinkin though. its pretty weird, and i think about all the stuff ill be missin out on when i die, like all the new videogames, news, events, technology, etc. death can get pretty scary and weird when u really think about it for a while, like after i die, what will happen? will i come back as another person? man its weird stuff.:eek: :eek:

l Maximus l
04-02-2002, 06:14 PM
a while ago, i was thinkin about death, and i realized that it was a really scary thing, like when u die, thats it, youre done. it gives me a weird feeling too, i cant really explain what im thinkin though. its pretty weird, and i think about all the stuff ill be missin out on when i die, like all the new videogames, news, events, technology, etc. death can get pretty scary and weird when u really think about it for a while, like after i die, what will happen? will i come back as another person? man its weird stuff.:eek: :eek:

Well, from a Biblical standpoint, once you die, then you are judged...you go to either Heaven or Hell forever. No coming back to the Earth. Personally, I think Heaven is going to be the party of eternity! :D

Plewis
04-02-2002, 06:25 PM
they already have the xbox 12 up there right now... and for maxi... they have a nonstop tap of beer:D

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 06:51 PM
haha, i hope that in heaven, u can do whatever u want, whenever u want, id be fu*kin hot women 26/7 up there, haha:D

preetz16
04-02-2002, 07:01 PM
Dudes, I dont even wanna get started about this crap. Im tired of living in a society that blames its own devices for one Crazy fuks actions. Quit trying to find scapegoats and realize that theres just dumb muth Fukers out there. Quit trying to blame games, TV and music.

Everything now is trying to get Politically correct.
Ever sit down and look at what the fuk Politically correct really is?
Instead of being Politically correct try being right.

ACk! I cant really type what i wanna say because its difficult for me. But this topic really annoys the hell out of me. Fuk all the marci Darcis on this planet. Go save a whale or go moutain climbing in search of the "yeti". Stay the fuk outta my hobby.

Yeah I just don't understand the mentallity of facists like Liberman and Tipper Gore. I really don't understand why they think they have the right to tell us whats right and wrong. Now I realize that some of the laws in this country are going to be based on Christian morals and ideals (but thats because these ideals are shared by nearly every religion in the world) the ideas of no hurting each other, and no killing or exploiting of people are all great, I think we can all agree that these are great ideas. But beyond that government gets too big, too controlling, and really evil. They think that they can tell us what to think, what to do, what is right, and they will agressively lash back if we question that, or anything else they tell us. If you really just look at the simple issue I think that you'd all find that it is absolutely proposterous. If I and a group of people came up to you and said "You can't have access to this media any more, you can't ingest this substance, or you have to like what we say", you'd tell them to f*ck off. Why then, should we allow our government to do this exact thing to us. Government is just a body of people (a very corrupt body of people) who force us to do things against our own will, even though we are hurting no one! And the only justification they can give us is because it "offends" some. I won't go into it, but I agree that it's parents faults. The parents of those who might do something violent as a "result" of violent games are simply seeking a cover for they're own crappy parenting.

One thing I urge you all to do is to resist this censorship. Don't take the crap that the government says. Why should we all follow liers, cheats, sexual offenders, and murders? We shouldn't. I have no problem with people in the government saying "It may not be a good idea to do x", but i have a big problem with them saying "Don't do this because it offends people, even if it doesn't hurt anyone". That's the first step twords living in a world as dipicted in Farenheiht 451...I know that's a LONG way away, but still it's a step in that direction...

~Paul Reetz

Snoopy7548
04-02-2002, 07:06 PM
true man, when we read fahrenheit 451 in school, my teacher and the class was relating it to our society today, and we found alot of similarities. i think the government is trying to limit everything because they think that if they do that, everyone will be happy and no one will be offened, but thats not the case. instead of spending all their time worrying about movies, tv, videogames, and music, why dont they spend their efforts trying to put an end to the kkk, racist groups, murders, crimes, etc.? those things are more important to stop than some little videogame:mad:

vic2003
04-02-2002, 09:04 PM
to the people who dont belive in God, what do u think happens to u after death?? do u really think a mass murder (sp) shares the same fate as a person who lived a good life?? i sure dont!

would of the "big bang" did created earth? this dosent mean God dident create earth, would if this was Gods way in creating earth, (the big bang was Gods tools in creating earth)

Plewis
04-02-2002, 09:24 PM
true man, when we read fahrenheit 451 in school, my teacher and the class was relating it to our society today, and we found alot of similarities. i think the government is trying to limit everything because they think that if they do that, everyone will be happy and no one will be offened, but thats not the case. instead of spending all their time worrying about movies, tv, videogames, and music, why dont they spend their efforts trying to put an end to the kkk, racist groups, murders, crimes, etc.? those things are more important to stop than some little videogame:mad:

don't you think they are trying to stop those things. They are trying to make violent videogames harder for children, and crazy people to get ahold of by stopping it at the source... the problem is... they dont realize videogames are a very small source, and just about everything is a source. ;) They cannot censor videogames guys. It would violate our 1st amendment rights. That is why lieberman just started the ESRB rating system, and didnt censor videogames all together... some people dont listen

preetz16
04-02-2002, 09:25 PM

Yeah, they definetly should be worrying about the roots of hate instead of media. But the problem is, that a lot of things the government does are evil too, and they need to stop it! Now don't get me wrong (I used to be an anarchist) but now I believe that there does need to be a strong government to stop the rulebreakers in a society from turning it to chaos. However government does need to take a BIG step back, because lets face it, when they get involved like they do, they just f*ck stuff up. But in a way i sort of dissagree...the gov. should take prevenative measures from these groups of hate, and they should discourage such hateful activity, but should they actively ban these things? No, that just reinforces the fact that they can do anything, and allows them to justify the elimination of all kinds of opposing groups, next step a world such as shown in 1984

~Paul Reetz

preetz16
04-02-2002, 09:34 PM
They cannot censor videogames guys. It would violate our 1st amendment rights. That is why lieberman just started the ESRB rating system, and didnt censor videogames all together... some people dont listen

Please don't misunderstand, I do listen (I'm a debator and am really enjoying this debate). But the only thing is that Liberman settled for the rating systems, if figures such as Liberman and Tipper had had their way they would censor media, but they realize they can't get the public to accept that, yet.

Plewis
04-02-2002, 10:56 PM
lieberman believes in the constitution... that is why he settled for the rating system. If there was no constitution you might be right. But he is an american before politician.;)

coolerf150
04-03-2002, 09:01 AM
THis is GOd....I WANT YOU ALL TO PLAY HALO...

that is all My son...

ROck on:o

cornflake
04-03-2002, 10:18 AM
i agree with god

cornflake
04-03-2002, 10:36 AM
^_^

coolerf150
04-04-2002, 09:04 AM
I was wondering who awards the stars to the sites....
Lets see if we can get this site up to 5 stars...???

If it is worthy!!!! :)

HALO HALO HALO HALO

Rock on:cool:

JJaX
04-04-2002, 09:16 AM
I was wondering who awards the stars to the sites....
Lets see if we can get this site up to 5 stars...???

If it is worthy!!!! :)

HALO HALO HALO HALO

Rock on:cool:

Are you referring to the rating of this thread?

If so, at the bottom, look at the right corner, theres a rating box there chief.

coolerf150
04-05-2002, 01:57 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious to the not so swift.....:cool:

coolerf150
04-06-2002, 03:40 AM
Game spy rocks.....but x gen is better

coolerf150
04-09-2002, 01:28 PM
Played the GOD's online...they are pretty good....is x connecter better...?

scarecrow kfj
04-09-2002, 03:36 PM
You know the ones that try to ban games are also working on music and sports. These are the same people that keep working on banning paintball. Which is a great team sport and stress reliever. If you like fps try checking out a local PB field and try it, you wont regret it.

Snoopy7548
04-09-2002, 06:46 PM
yea, i wanna play paintball sooo bad, ive never played it before, but ive shot the gun, its so much fun.:D

FaTBoi702
04-09-2002, 09:00 PM
Hell, why not bann skitzophrenia and insanity too? And hell, why not every other mental disease too! People with those have killed.

coolerf150
04-10-2002, 09:56 AM
Paint ball is fun ...
I think that they should put paintmode as a cheat on all games.

They did in 007 and it was cool you could write on the walls and stuff....
Just a thought....

Brevity
04-10-2002, 09:59 AM
Your beating a dead horse,,,,,,,,,let your first thread go dude,,,,,you can make more,,,http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/jpshakehead.gif

coolerf150
04-10-2002, 10:03 AM
I will beat and spank my horse all i want.....I just a 1 time threader.......more than one would confuzz and confuse me!!!

SO BACK OFF BREVITY....I WILL OWN YOU!!!:(

Brevity
04-10-2002, 10:07 AM
http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/cussing.gif You own nothing and no one.
Your post should be http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/Flush.gif b/c it makes everyone http://www.gute-guete.de/images/Forum/Smiley/urg2.gif

2k2freak23
04-10-2002, 09:48 PM
Their is more violence in the games that are fun than the really bad boring games. ATleast that's how I would put it if your not counting Sports games.

Highlite23
04-11-2002, 09:28 AM
Why stop at FPS.

1) The Bible.

Lynx, i got to your post and didn't have to read any further, you hit the nail on the head. Good Job.

If you try hard enough you can link any violent act to anything that supports your specific argument.

Remeber the old saying......."Insert your crusade of choice here(GAMES)....don't kill people, people kill people"

coolerf150
04-11-2002, 10:43 AM
Why does this site and post make u want to puke? I guess u just have a weak stomach.....wuss!!:cool:

OppiumNitrates
04-11-2002, 11:38 AM
FPS Video Games are supposed to put you in a world where you can do what u want. . . . . . and they are the best at this since you get the view of the player in the game. The makers of these games put violence in the game because it is somehting that most people don't go out an do themselfs. They didnt put violence in the games to give people ideas to go out and do the things they saw in the games. . . . Just like a songwriter getting sued cause some kid took his lyrics the wrong way, he just put the words in his song he didnt tell anyone to go and act hem out.