PDA

View Full Version : PC halo question

Twisted J
03-28-2002, 03:31 PM
will you be able to play halo on your xbox against people who are playing on the pc?

Batman2372
03-28-2002, 04:23 PM
No, you won't be able to. Different operating systems, different transmitting protocols. Sorry.

l Maximus l
03-28-2002, 04:27 PM
What Batman said is true. Even while playing Halo on Gamespy, anyone in North America can't even play people located in the UK or in Australia because their XBoxes are encoded with PAL.

Batman2372
03-28-2002, 04:29 PM
Wow, didn't even think about that, Max. Surely Microsoft has pondered this and has come up with a solution for their online scheme.

Sucky, sucky.

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 04:39 PM
Didn't they make the Dreamcast able to play against people on PC's with Quake III?

Batman2372
03-28-2002, 04:41 PM
I was never able to do it. As far as I know, that was just a vicious rumor.

Afro Aura
03-28-2002, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Batman2372
I was never able to do it. As far as I know, that was just a vicious rumor.
Dude Quake 3 on the Dreamcast did work on the net with PC Quake 3

LynxFX
03-28-2002, 06:30 PM
That's what I thought. I seem to remember hearing about Dreamcast players complaining about the controls compared to the PC players using a mouse and keyboard.

I think technically we could do it with the Xbox and PC versions but I think the XOL network will be locked down to only work with the Xbox.

Twisted J
03-28-2002, 07:15 PM
ok, im a retard i know, can someone tell me what PAL is??
and can someone tell me how i can put my xbox online?
please, some helpful someone? can one of you give me i step by step instrutions please? thanks buds, i know i can count on you guys!!!

Afro Aura
03-28-2002, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by Twisted J
ok, im a retard i know, can someone tell me what PAL is??
and can someone tell me how i can put my xbox online?
please, some helpful someone? can one of you give me i step by step instrutions please? thanks buds, i know i can count on you guys!!!
I can help you with the PAL question mate:
PAL (640 lines) TV Signal
NTSC (520 lines)TV signal
both have different screen refresh rates too
PAL 50hz (Europe & Australia)
NTSC 60hz (US & Japan)

Spike Minoda
03-29-2002, 01:56 AM
I would bet not... because from the way it looks, Halo Combat Evolved and Halo PC look like two diferent versions! Like, the master chief guys look different

Crazy Joe
03-29-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by DanieLudacris
I would bet not... because from the way it looks, Halo Combat Evolved and Halo PC look like two diferent versions! Like, the master chief guys look different

you're probably talking about the old PC clips, before they switched to working on it for Xbox. As far as i have heard, the PC version that is to be released will be the same as Xbox.

JJaX
03-29-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
What Batman said is true. Even while playing Halo on Gamespy, anyone in North America can't even play people located in the UK or in Australia because their XBoxes are encoded with PAL.

Ive played people in australia and the UK and even Russia through gamespy. But im guessing they had imported Xboxs.

AND NO IM NOT ON CRACK!
**You can see whos in your chat and where they live with that map thing in the top right corner**