Poll: Which FootBall game is the best?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best NFL game?

Smile What is the best NFL game?

Guys I need some help on finding the best football game to purchase. Which one has the best single player and multiplayer gaming? I've been thinking about getting NFL Fever, but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks for the help guys!

JayT - the.JOKER

Hidden Content There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Default Fever!

I say go with fever, bigguy. 2k2 is ok, but the menu system sucks and it's a direct port -- i.e., worse graphics. Madden's also a port and every penny that goes to the worst commentator in the history of the world is a penny wasted. I haven't played espn. Blitz is the arcade-y one; not really a football game but more of a 'hit your friends in the context of football' game.

Fever all the way! It's simply superior.
    The problem with being better than everyone else is that they tend to assume you're prententious.

Hidden Content

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Default Re: Fever!

Originally posted by baggachipz
    I say go with fever, bigguy. 2k2 is ok, but the menu system sucks and it's a direct port -- i.e., worse graphics. Madden's also a port and every penny that goes to the worst commentator in the history of the world is a penny wasted. I haven't played espn. Blitz is the arcade-y one; not really a football game but more of a 'hit your friends in the context of football' game.

Fever all the way! It's simply superior.

OMG, sorry about that. I was in shock by that post. It sucks cause its a port and the menu system sucks? ooooook,,, anyway,, 2k2 is the best one.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Default Re: Re: Fever!

Originally posted by AlBoogy

It sucks cause its a port and the menu system sucks?
    Yes. Don't get me wrong, I loved 2k and 2k1 on my dreamcast, but Fever raised the bar.

ooooook,,, anyway,, 2k2 is the best one.
    **sigh**, that's your opinion...
    The problem with being better than everyone else is that they tend to assume you're prententious.

Hidden Content

NFL 2K2 is the best of the bunch with madden being a close second. Fever sucks . I owned all 3 ,but i traded fever and now only own the 2

I have NFL Fever, and I like it a lot. I played 2k2 at the mall, and I didn't like it all that much. I'm sure if I had more time to play and learn controls, I could probably have enjoyed it a lot more. But, I say Fever.

Thumbs up SEGA!!

Sega Sports NFL 2K2!

I'm not a real big football fan, but you got look at 3 factors. Fever's got the best graphics, 2K2's got the best gameplay, and Madden's got the best options/modes. It just depends on what's more important to you.
    █▀▀ ▀█▀ █▀▀ ███ █▀█ ▀█▀ █░█ █▀█ █▀▀
    ▀▀█ ░█░ █░█ █░█ █▀█ ░█░ █░█ ██▀ █▀▀
    ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀░▀ ░▀░ ▀▀▀ ▀░▀ ▀▀▀

MADDEN!

FEVER IS THE WORSE GAME EVER MADE. IF YOU ENJOY REAL FOOTBALL YOU WILL DISPISE FEVER. FEVER BLOWS MONKEY ASS

i dont know what you people see in fever. Its got the crappiest game play. CRAP!!!

Buy madden if your a real football fan. You under stand everything thats happening on the field and benfits/flaws of certain defesive/offensive formations. This game is as real as it gets.

Buy fever if your a candy ass and you still play connect 4 during recess.

buy nfl2k2 if you want 2nd best.
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 03-29-2002 at 12:23 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Personally, I think NFL2K2 has better graphics than Fever! I don't know if it's just me or what, but, the players move much more fluidly and the players actually resemble the real players moreso than any other.

One thing I love about Fever, though, is that I really like the Dynasty mode. Also, keep in mind that NFL Fever 2003 will be on-line!

I like the menus better in Fever (i.e. picking your plays) better than NFL2K2, but, all in all, NFL2K2 is a better game. Yes, NFL2K2 is a port, but, it's a great port that runs very nicely on the XBox.

Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them...I'm not sure about the ESPN one, though. Blitz is very arcade like, which can be really fun!

It really depends on what you are looking for. I think X-Factor spelled it out the best.

Personally, I hated Madden...The commentary alone ruined it for me. Other than that, it's a good game, but, commentary, to me, is a big thing. In NFL2K2, the commentary is nice...Fever is okay...I wish that Fever had more "exciting" commentary while making a good play. Unfortunately, it lacks this.

Originally posted by Maximus

Personally, I hated Madden...The commentary alone ruined it for me. Other than that, it's a good game, but, commentary, to me, is a big thing.
    Yeah i know right! Who would have thought, Jon Madden and Pat Somerl announcing for a game

MaXimus, You know your my homey and all. But get a grip man. Maddens gameplay is leagues beyond fever + NFL2k2 combined.

Go buy fever if you like hop scotch and ice cream.
    Go buy fever if you still carry bubble tape in your pocket
    Go buy fever if your ***
    Go buy fever if you dont understand football
    Go buy fever if your grounded
    Go buy fever if you get beat up alot
    Go buy fever if you have no peni5
    Go buy fever if you have a peni5 and ******
    Go buy fever if you swirl you neck like a retart when excited
    Go buy fever if your a complete jackass.

Fever sucks
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 03-29-2002 at 12:34 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX

Yeah i know right! Who would have thought, Jon Madden and Pat Somerl announcing for a game

MaXimus, You know your my homey and all. But get a grip man. Maddens gameplay is leagues beyond fever + NFL2k2 combined.

Go buy fever if you liek hop scotch and ice cream. Panzy ass tools.
    hehe...Because I know you, I won't take offense...instead I will do this:

**Max brews us a nice chopped up U-571 and unloads it into JJaX's mouth**

Ahhh....

Well, anyway...I've played Madden...and, yes, it's a great game...great depth and so on...however, if I hear Jon Madden and Pat Someral even make a peep, I go crazy!!

I know I know I know...it's sounds pathetic...but, it's true

hehe...Because I know you, I won't take offense...instead I will do this:

**Max brews us a nice chopped up U-571 and unloads it into JJaX's mouth**

Ahhh....

Well, anyway...I've played Madden...and, yes, it's a great game...great depth and so on...however, if I hear Jon Madden and Pat Someral even make a peep, I go crazy!!

I know I know I know...it's sounds pathetic...but, it's true
    turn off the commentary and announce the game yourself.

*works well when really really drunk*

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Gee, I should of known that NFL 2k2 and Fever would be the top choices. Thanks for your input guys! I think I'm going to run out to Wal-Mart and pick up a copy of NFL .... ah???.... NFL ..... O sh*t I will let you guys know this weekend what I got.

PS... MAXIMUS, I really like that sig of yours!
    JayT - the.JOKER

Hidden Content There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Originally posted by thejoker
    PS... MAXIMUS, I really like that sig of yours!
    Thanks, thejoker! Frostberg created this mama jama for me! By the way, yours is definately cool as well!

Thanks, thejoker! Frostberg created this mama jama for me! By the way, yours is definately cool as well!
    *JJaX Begins to sing**

Put your head on my shooooouuulllder..........

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX

*JJaX Begins to sing**

Put your head on my shooooouuulllder..........
    hehe, JJaX....that song is better than listening to Madden or Someral commentate any day!

Talking 2K2!!!

OK NFL 2k2 is the best football game out when it comes to controls it gives you all the control you pick a spot to thow a ball and you throw it . It gives you the most control its the realest gameplay out there. The graphics are not that bad The player models arent bad its hjust the surroundings Fever has the best graphics and its an easy game. NFL 2k2 and Fever are really close but i would go with 2k2.

Just wait for NFL Fever 2003. If you really gotta get one now, get Nfl 2k2, probably the most fun, gameplay wise.

Just 1 vote for Madden

I ahve to say Madden is the best football game. It been out for around 10 years and has all the feature you need in a football game, Create a Player, Franchise ect:. can't go wrong with Madden.

Thread Information