Thread: max, i need ur help!!!!

Default max, i need ur help!!!!

i have a problem man, and im getting mad. my friend wants to charge me 45 bucks for a 60 foot cable (he can cut it himself and stuff), but i found one online for 12 bucks. now, i showed him this cable, and he said it wouldnt work, guaranteed. its a 568B cable, he said that 568A and 568B cables will not work, guaranteed. he said that only 1142 (i think thats it, or either 1244, i forget) will work, and thats what he has. i have searched some sites, but no sign of the cables that he has. im just wonderin, cause i think hes lying cause he probly wants the money. if u could help me out, that would be awesome, thanks the link for the cable i want is here: cable

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Dude...if you are looking to hook your HUB up to your computer so you can play on-line...and CAT 5 Patch cable will work...your friend is sniffing glue

really? i need that cable to go from my comp to the switch, and another one to go from my xbox to the switch, so would a 568B cable be fine for the both of them? i knew he was lying

Dude, Snoopy...I'm not sure how long you need for the cables to be, but, all you need is two standard CAT 5 patch cables. Your friend is making a perverbial mountain out of a mole hill.

Personally, I would purchase the cables rather than having your buddy cut them and put the connectors on them. Who knows if he even gets one peice in the wrong spot and mess everything up. Out of the package and ready to go is always better, in my opinion. Also, if they don't work, for some odd reason, you can always return them and have them replaced. Simple as that

nevermind, my friend just came on, hes at a friends house, and it was the other friend, they were lying, but thanks for ur help anyway

yea, my friend that they would probly be free if he did them, he bought a 1000 ft cable, cause he wired a few computers in his house, so i guess he knows how to do them good

Originally posted by Snoopy7548
    yea, my friend that they would probly be free if he did them, he bought a 1000 ft cable, cause he wired a few computers in his house, so i guess he knows how to do them good
    My nephew does that, too...but, even he has screwed up putting the connectors on...and, they never seem to stay on there as good as ones you can buy in a store. Just my $0.02. By the way, you can always PM me, too...anytime, buddy!

Thread Information