Thread: Does anyone read XBN?

Default Does anyone read XBN?

Heck, does anyone even know it exists? It is a Xbox Independent magazine. The writing is 100 times better then OXM and are less bias towards the Xbox. If you want the straight ***** about the Xbox, XBN is for you. It doesn't have a demo disk but has OXM come out with a good demo disc yet?
    My Xbox collection:
    Xbox
    2 Xbox Controllers
    S-video
    Halo
    NFL 2k2
    Rallisport
    Tony Hawk 2x
    Oddsworld
    DVD remote

Yeah I read it. I like it because of the background info they give you about the games. Though, I think their reviews suck (just my opinion). I have both their issues and plan on buying the next one. Sure wish they had a subscription though...since it is published quarterly I am affraid I will miss an issue release. I like to get mags early.
    Currently playing: Tony Hawk 3

GRAVEDIGGER

Default Yup...

Yea, the Digger reads this magazine, actually i ran across it in blockbuster when looking for a new issue of OXM, and i saw this magazine that said XBN..so i immediately picked it up, and its pretty dam good, so i bought it

BTW, terra pin, i second that motion...The reviews do Suck

Untill next time....the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken

I've never seen an issue of OXM but I did enjoy the first issue of XBN. I'm not sure how relevant printed media is these days, however.

GRAVEDIGGER

Default ?!?!

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
    I've never seen an issue of OXM but I did enjoy the first issue of XBN. I'm not sure how relevant printed media is these days, however.
    Dam son, you're never seen an issue of OXM? dam dawg..where have you been?...And if you dont mind the Digger asking, Why are you unsure of printed media's relevancy?

Untill next time...

XBN is an ok mag, but it is definitly not better than OXM. And yes, the reviews do suck. 6 out of 10 for Shrek!?! please..... Mad Dash Racing is a lot more fun than a 2 out of 10 also. Just a few examples. And about what you said about OXM being biased, what do you expect from a Xbox Independent Mag ? "we think the Xbox is an ok system, but it aint that great". Don't you think they would want to promote the system being the "official" mag and all? In the end XBN is second best

Default Re: Does anyone read XBN?

Originally posted by Salo_Fan
    are less bias towards the Xbox.
    LMAO!!!!

yea right... their first issue seemed like it was written by a group of PS2 fans that weren't allow to make a PS2 magazine.
    Hidden Content

My plots never fail.

Default They admitted they were wrong with Shrek.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by y2kash_14
    [B]XBN is an ok mag, but it is definitly not better than OXM. And yes, the reviews do suck. 6 out of 10 for Shrek!?! please..... Mad Dash Racing is a lot more fun than a 2 out of 10 also. Just a few examples.
    [quote]

They admitted they were wrong with Shrek. In the current issue they said they should of rated it lower. As for Mad Dash racing, that's a N64 game trying patheticly to be a Xbox game.

Some people hate the truth.
    My Xbox collection:
    Xbox
    2 Xbox Controllers
    S-video
    Halo
    NFL 2k2
    Rallisport
    Tony Hawk 2x
    Oddsworld
    DVD remote

Is'nt that magazine going for likw, $9.95 an issue! Screw dat!
    And I think it's bi-monthly or comes out every 3 months or something like that, right?
    I do know it's published by Ziff Davis, da same people responsible for EGM.
    I remember they were the same people who did the Independent Dreamcast magazine.

If it's better than OXM then it must be pretty d@mn good, but if I was a betting Ninja,..... and I am ... I would'nt bet on this mag being anywhere near a good as OXM.

xbAWOL

its like 5.99 an issue and it comes out four times a year. It is published by Ziff Davis. The latest one came out March 26th and the next one is on sale on May 28th.

Default Re: ?!?!

Originally posted by GRAVEDIGGER

Why are you unsure of printed media's relevancy?
    With a 2-3 month delay between the time the magazine goes to press and the issue hits the streets much of the "news" has been announced and discussed online long before anyone cracks the cover.

In short, anything that's worth knowing was known long before you see it on the page of a magazine.

Secondly, printed media is a huge waste of natural resources. It all ends up in a landfill sooner or later.

Third, it doesn't make a lot of sense from a journalism point of view. Why should writers worry about going over a certain number of words or the number and size of screen shots? Journalists should be allowed to craft the finest stories possible. The Internet is the best medium to serve that purpose.

Finally, it is so convenient to be able to search a website for any reference to a topic from any date from the beginning of time. It is a great resource for research. Doing the same for printed media is labor and time-intensive.

In fact, the two advantages printed media have over the Internet are portability and better editing.

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

oxm is better then xbn....simple as that. the xbn articles are in depth....but to dry IMO and to few. btw..i personally dig the oxm demo discs

Default Re: Re: ?!?!

Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

With a 2-3 month delay between the time the magazine goes to press and the issue hits the streets much of the "news" has been announced and discussed online long before anyone cracks the cover.

In short, anything that's worth knowing was known long before you see it on the page of a magazine.

Secondly, printed media is a huge waste of natural resources. It all ends up in a landfill sooner or later.

Third, it doesn't make a lot of sense from a journalism point of view. Why should writers worry about going over a certain number of words or the number and size of screen shots? Journalists should be allowed to craft the finest stories possible. The Internet is the best medium to serve that purpose.

Finally, it is so convenient to be able to search a website for any reference to a topic from any date from the beginning of time. It is a great resource for research. Doing the same for printed media is labor and time-intensive.

In fact, the two advantages printed media have over the Internet are portability and better editing.
    Very, very well written and wll said Hugh Jass. Im with you on everthing except for saying the printing is alot of wasted resources. True the news is already dated but I dont throw away any of my magazines. I collect them all and store them away after awhile.
    Maybe you meant waiste of resources meaning printing old news is worthless.
    Correct me if im wrong playa.

I'm a recent subscriber to OXM and I love it! I also really enjoy going through the demo disc it's a great way to get an idea if something will be worth a second look! As for reviews, well I doubt you'll ever find a magazine that rates all the game the same way you would. Unless you start your own! I like reading the reviews on this site! Instead of the reviews of a magazine I can see the review of several regular gamers! People without a financial interest in the bussiness!
    you don't have to like it but, you do have to live with it!

Thread Information