View Poll Results: Would MS benefit from an overseas price cut??

Voters
5. This poll is closed
  • Yes, but i wouldn't do it because it may shoe a sign of failure.

0 0%
  • Yes, without a doubt.

2 40.00%
  • No, unless the price cuts are everywhere.

0 0%
  • No, i don't think it would help.

3 60.00%

Thread: Would MS benefit from a Price adjustment in Japan and Europe??

Default Would MS benefit from a Price adjustment in Japan and Europe??

I responded to a thread with the price cut rumors agin today. I feel if the price cuts were for the overseas market the Xbox could make a major dent in the Japan & European markets. The Xbox, in my opinion, is accuratly priced here in the states, but there is quite a difference between systems in Japan & Europe.

So the question is.......

Do you feel a "price adjustment" would benefit MS's attempt at competing with Sony & Nintendo in Japan & Europe?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Without a doubt! A price cut in those markets would make a HUGE dent in Microsoft's market presence in those two countries. Microsoft just has to make sure that there are plenty XBoxes to go around

Originally posted by Maximus
    Without a doubt! A price cut in those markets would make a HUGE dent in Microsoft's market presence in those two countries. Microsoft just has to make sure that there are plenty XBoxes to go around
    Believe me waximus, Japan will never have to worry about any sell outs of Xbox consoles.
    Do I think a price drop in Europe & Japan will help the consoles market share? Of course I do! Do I think it will hurt Microsofts stock? You d@mn right!
    price drops are not always the best thing to do even if it will sell millions of more systems.
    Microsoft is already losing $75.00-$150+ dollars by just selling the Xbox for a MSRP of $299.99
    So a price drop in the fist year of the console is a bad move in my opinion.
    If you want to sell system, you need the software. Period.

Thread Information