Thread: !!Xbox Hard Drive Question!!

PIMP

Exclamation !!Xbox Hard Drive Question!!

-Does anyone know If when you save games or burn music to your hard drive If the xbox tells you how many blocks you have left before It starts saving over your other games?

where It says/

Total : 50,000+ blocks
    Available: 50,000+ blocks

Right now I have around 11 music tracks burnt onto my xbox hard drive and 12 games not to mention the 6 OXM game discs.. just the music tracks alone are over 34,000 blocks... does anybody know exactly how many blocks exactly the hard drive contains and If I'll know when the space Is filling up?

-Matt

Craziest Mofo in the XBA Crazy Joe's Avatar

not quite sure, but i know that your music won't copy over your games if that is what you're worried about. The drive is split so music writes to it's own part. no worries there.

P.S. Has anyone's Xbox stopped saying 50 000+ blocks available yet??

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

theres another thread on this topic today....:o ...but i've never heard of anyone dipping under the 50k+ mark... and i've heard of people having 20 plus saved games and 200 and more saved songs....

I have 376 audio tracks, Like 10 halo profiles, and saved games for like 20 games and mine still says +50,000. I dont think it will ever become an issue until the MS network is avaiable. And hopefully developers will take advantage of the HD and offer upgrades and trial demos.
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 04-04-2002 at 02:15 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

if i remember correctly there is like 345,000 blocks or something..

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Its been done before. Take a Audio sound track and dupilcate it. Then dupluicate that, then duplicate that Etc.....

12 tracks
    24 tracks
    48 tracks
    96 tracks
    192 tracks

keeps doubling until full.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX
    Its been done before. Take a Audio sound track and dupilcate it. Then dupluicate that, then duplicate that Etc.....

12 tracks
    24 tracks
    48 tracks
    96 tracks
    192 tracks

keeps doubling until full.
    Well if it's been done then what was the most you or anyone offically had in the end. At some point the HD will get under 50,000 (or whatever da number is) if someone keeps on doubling up album tracks.

Does anyone know If when you save games or burn music to your hard drive If the xbox tells you how many blocks you have left before It starts saving over your other games?
    Check some of the hack sites. I think the Xbox HD is divided into 4 or 6 virtual drives for stuff like music, saves, video, game cache. So all you could do is fill the music drive, but it wouldn't overwrite anything else.

Default Halo Profiles

Hey JJAX
    How did you get 10 Halo profiles, my Uk version only lets me have 3. If you can have more, please tell me as it seems silly to be able to have 4 players on one machine and only being able to have 3 profiles.
    Cheers

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

Default Re: Halo Profiles

Originally posted by Steve1987
    Hey JJAX
    How did you get 10 Halo profiles, my Uk version only lets me have 3. If you can have more, please tell me as it seems silly to be able to have 4 players on one machine and only being able to have 3 profiles.
    Cheers
    Dude look at the bottom of the settings sscreen. X to delete B back and Y to make a new one. YOu can make a damn dirty list of 100 killaz!

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

Well if it's been done then what was the most you or anyone offically had in the end. At some point the HD will get under 50,000 (or whatever da number is) if someone keeps on doubling up album tracks.
    It was done when the box 1st came out, Thats how they determined it had 375,000 Blocks (or whatever that # was)

I can try to dig up a link, But im lazy as s4it....

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information