Poll: Which company is the console FPS master?!

Thread: FPS Masters!

Starving College Student

Default FPS Masters!

which company is the master of console first person shooters? Rare or Bungie. Lets compare

Rare- Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, two excellent games that were really revolutionary for their time...i played goldeneye years after i first bought it and it convinced me to buy an N64

Bungie-Halo...i don't need much explaining for this....they convinced me to buy an Xbox

my verdict- Rare. yeah i know, i know, call me a fanboy, but they've just had more experience and i'm salivating at the mouth for perfect dark zero. hopefullly they'll take a note from some of bungie's innovations and include them and modify upon them. don't get me wrong though, bungie is still great!
    Official Turtle of XBA

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

bust a nut

Bungie, becasue they created the best game i've ever played. Halo

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

I think Bungie because tehy made such a good game. compare teh AI. Do you know how hard it is to make AI that good like in legendary? See, i can program little games for PC's, it is one of my classes. I am working on a little short simple fps. i have been for 2 years almost. i cannot get AI to work right so i have it so there are two peeps..
    later

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Bungie. In fact, I was so inspired by Bungie, I actually went bungie jumping Halo set a new standard for FPSs...nothing compares.

Try it, it's insane!!!!

Okay, I was probably going a little too far on the inspiration thing, but, definately go bungie jumping!

What about ID?

Wolfestein?
    Doom series
    Quake series?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I went with PC forever. Maybe not forever but so far. Bungie has had one success. A very good one, but one none the less.

PC has had dozens and the best controls to date. They created the First Person Shooter. ID, Valve, Epic, Sierra. All have created groundbreaking FPS games.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

bungie...halo...
    rare....goldeneye...
    difference....GAMESPY!

hehe...

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

You know what the greatest thing ever would be... I would love to be putzing along (wow, thats my verb of the day I think... putzing) anyways, got sidetracked... Putzing along in some FPS shooter game when all of the sudden, out of nowhere comes... Guess who? Thats Right! Its <B><I>MECHANIZED HITLER!!</I></B> in all of his pixilated glory!

Thread Information