Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone think XboX is overpriced?

Default Does anyone think XboX is overpriced?

Does anyone out there think that Xbox could possibly be overpriced for those gamers who don't happen to have the money to buy it?

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

Not really, but I do think they should lower the price in the future.
    Hidden Content
    DEATH IS ONLY THE BEGINNING

I think the price is just fine in the States. I do think it's overpriced overseas compared to the competion.

Cool

I would have to agree!
    Hidden Content

Well you gotta consider MS is losing money for every console sold, plus the fact you get more for your money than you would buying a PS2. So yeah even tho it's just below the $700 mark over here i think it's not too bad considering the PS2 was like $800 on launch...

bust a nut

yes, but it was well worht it

Exclamation

Bill Gates is a rich man, He can loose a few bucks!lol
    Hidden Content

i think if they want more of the casual gamers they should lower their price. I really think to get all the casual gamers they should release xbox2 at the same time PS3 comes out. Every casual gamer I know either has a GCN or a PS2 because PS2 has a ton of games and their friends have it... and GCN because its cheap (although its also a really great system)

I don't understand why they complain overseas... wasn't the PS2 the same price as the Xbox when it came out in other countries? The Xbox just came out and I can't believe they're already begging for a pice drop. Those people don't make sense considering that the Xbox's hardware is worth every penny.
    Hidden Content
    who wants to play me...

is xbox over priced...no.....is PS2 over priced....yes

Originally posted by VenoM
    is xbox over priced...no.....is PS2 over priced....yes
    for what the PS2 is composed of... most definitely it is overpriced.... a 300mhz pos and that ohhh so emotional engine with a network adapter and hd all for 299? when will today's people learn.... :o
    Hidden Content
    who wants to play me...

Default Re: Does anyone think XboX is overpriced?

Originally posted by CALzinger
    Does anyone out there think that Xbox could possibly be overpriced for those gamers who don't happen to have the money to buy it?
    I imagine just about everything seems overpriced to someone who doesn't have enough money.

If you think about it the xbox is relatively cheap considering what is include such as a hard drive and broadband. While the PS2 which has been selling for 299 for a year now and is now selling the add on hard drive and broadband for 199. So you if you're comparing both systems, xbox is definitely a bargain.

The XBOX is a bargain for what it offers. If you were to try and make your own XBOX off components and such it would cost you about 130 dollars more than if you went through MS. Personally i think that they are giving these things away, just to get thier foot in thier console door.

Compared to a PS2 which sells relatively for the same price, you are stealing the xbox away from ms. Ms is a smart company and distribution of thier superior console for a cheap price seems to be thier strategy in beating a less beefed up system that sells for the same price(PS2)

Microsoft is a company that has always been FOR the consumer, however MS has never been for competition with other companies. Without a company like MS, gamers like us would be paying 300 bucks for a system like the PS2, a inferior peice of hardware, with nothing new on the horizon. I think that MS is a leader in thier feild and are into groundbreaking work. These are all plus's for people like us who are keeping our eyes on MS for a look to the future in console gaming.
    Games Owned: Elder Scrolls 3, Halo,Spiderman,Max Payne,Gun Valkryie,DOA3,NBA Live 2002, John Madden 2002, WWF RAW, Bruce Lee: Quest of the Dragon

You get what you pay for and in this case you get a lot.

Yet again, the Xbox could be $300, but you end up spending much more than $300. You must include -
    1 - Tax
    2 - Games
    3 - Controllers
    4 - DVD (if you dont already have a DVD Player)
    5 - Televsion (um...)
    6 - Electricity

All in all, for my xbox, with 7 games, 1 extra controller, and more stuff, I would say I spend over $1000 for my Xbox. Sounds like $300 is cheap to me, now that I think of it this way.

Calzinger
    Hidden Content

I think all consoles are over priced. What happened to the $130 consoles?

The only part of the Xbox that is worth the money though is the nVidia chip and ddr memory. Everything else is scrap parts from the various companies costing pennies on the dollar for Microsoft.

Now the PS2 is definately way over priced for what you get. The GC is the only one priced to sell. Don't get me wrong though, I love my Xbox and think it is worth the dough I spent.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

xbaaddict

I actually think it is not over priced and if my memory serves me right it did cost more to make the xbox then they are selling it for, they are trying to make the money off the accesories and games, but that had to put it about 300 to keep in the competition with sony.

Overpriced? Not at all.

The value of the hardware is much higher than $300. Please, as John Stossel would say, give me a brake.

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

you guys are complaining about $300 xbox? come on, in Taiwan, PS2 is $1000 USD. yup that's right. 1000 bucks in american money. with that money, I would buy xbox and 14 games or just buy all three systems! with some money to spare on one game for each.
    ha..

Thread Information