Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do all the good games get delayed???

bust a nut

Default Why do all the good games get delayed???

Games like MOHAS, Dester Storm, and other good games that got delayed. most of the good games were supposed to be release in Q2 and they all r delayed till Q3-4. I know that most of them r being delayed to be released with the xbox online in the fall. i have been waiting for 2 months for some good games to come out, but they keep getting delayed... i know that they may got delayed to improve the game better, but its taking too freakin long!!.. it ****es me off.. dosent that bother u??how do u feel abotu that?

Default Re: Why do all the good games get delayed???

Originally posted by irule23
    Games like MOHAS, Dester Storm, and other good games that got delayed. most of the good games were supposed to be release in Q2 and they all r delayed till Q3-4. I know that most of them r being delayed to be released with the xbox online in the fall. i have been waiting for 2 months for some good games to come out, but they keep getting delayed... i know that they may got delayed to improve the game better, but its taking too freakin long!!.. it ****es me off.. dosent that bother u??how do u feel abotu that?
    I CAN AGREE WITH YOU ON THIS SUBJECT! I myself is waiting for GTA3 for the most part.
    Hidden Content
    DEATH IS ONLY THE BEGINNING

Think of it this way...would you like a game that is crap but released on time...or would you like a delayed game that took foreeeever to be released? I would prefer the good, but delayed game! I know this is not the case for all games...but almost all!

Lightbulb

Originally posted by xtopia
    Think of it this way...would you like a game that is crap but released on time...or would you like a delayed game that took foreeeever to be released? I would prefer the good, but delayed game! I know this is not the case for all games...but almost all!
    I would have to say I agree with you. Simply becuase you have a point!
    Hidden Content

Actually, you're all wrong. It's a scientific law that all good games must be delayed. It's that simple.

Halo wasen't delayed, wwf raw was.
    Hidden Content
    My Xbox Set-up: xbox console, 32 inch tv, 600watt dolby 5.1 amp with nice speakers, hd av pack, dvd playback kit GAMES: Bloodwake, Halo, NFL Fever 2002, Jet Set Radio Future, SSX Tricky, Tony Hawk 3, Project Gotham Racing, Wreckless, and Ralisport Challenge.

Originally posted by xtopia
    i agree with you 100%.

I don't think as many games are delayed as a lot of people think. The problem comes in when somebody sees a date at a retailer or fan site for a game. Then that date passes or the developers say another time, and then most of the community thinks the game is delayed. Now there has been cases where games are delayed but not for the most part. People need to find out and go strickly by what the developers/publishers say.

Morrowind is a great example of a game many think was dealyed. When in reality, developers always said spring 2002, and just recently bumped that to may. But ebgames had it at 2/15 at one point, so then a bunch of people got there panties in a bunch.

Skarp

Usually when there is a thread like this and the answer is always: "Wouldn't you rather have a great game with no problems that was delayed than a rushed game with problems?

Following logical trends this would be the answer yet again.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by khaos2005
    Actually, you're all wrong. It's a scientific law that all good games must be delayed. It's that simple.
    It's a scientific law that you don't know what your talking about khaos2005.
    Hidden Content

I hate it when games get delayed I wanted to be playing hunter the reckoning by now, but they can only be making it better so I am glad about that.

It's the classic software development triangle:

Pick One:
    1) Make It Good
    2) Make It Fast
    3) Make It Cheap

The best games concentrate on quality. Budgets and timeline suffer as a result.

Thumbs up

Ya'll got a point there.
    Hidden Content

I think that if game developers want to have lots of time to make a good game, then they should make a release date that is far in the future. It is very annoying to want a game and then have it delayed. Why can't game developers just be more accurate on estimating when they can release a game?

Question

Well hotshot657, You have a good point and I can understand your view. The game makers should be more responcible about themselves and there games. I don't like it when they change,delay,alter, being secret,and lieing about games and releases. Myself along with other people don't have time for this crap! When they say something to the public, they should stick with it.
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by doughthe1st
    It's a scientific law that you don't know what your talking about khaos2005.
    It's called joking around. You don't have to be such a smartass.

The Frew-its of the Devil

The majority of all good games get pushed back because they are good games. This extra time it usually takes to make a game better often ensures that it will be better. I say if it offers enough then do it. Halo for PC was pushed back a million and one times, only for its contract to be picked up by MS and released on the Xbox (and what a wonderful and worth while wait it was). If that game hadn't been pushed back so many times, I doubt it'd be as good, not to mention, on the Xbox. On the other hand, games like MGSX and GTA3 get hidden and pushed back because of business tactics. Do you actually believe so many PS2's would have been sold had there been a simultanious release of GTA3 on both Xbox and PS2. I would be willing to bet more people would have rather had the guranteed to be better Xbox version of that game than the horridly textured, bad frame rate with terrible popup and poly disappearance problems with the PS2 version. Not to mention the disc errors the game has from time to time due to the PS2's absolutely aborable hardware. Mind you, I own a PS2, but I can't honestly say that it has satifyed me as early on as the Xbox. In fact, since I bought my Xbox I haven't purchased even one game for my PoS2. I will only buy PoS2 games now if they are both, exclusive and worth the money. As it stands, no such games exist on PoS2's horizen. I know this crap makes me sound like an Xbox fanboy, but I am not. I do enjoy certian games on PoS2, such as GT3, Devil May Cry, Drakken The Ancient Gates, Soul Reaver 2 and many others, but nothing any one could ever say would convince me that my PoS2 will ever be able to reach the graphical heights my Xbox will. And there is certinly no possiblity for me to spend an EXTRA 140 dollars for my PoS2 to match my Xbox in features. Why spend 440 on a system that has worse graphics and sound than one that costs only 300 for the same properties PLUS extra graphics and sound features. Its just mass stupidity that most gamers are now encompassed by the PoS2. If they were actually educated they'd know they wasted money.
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Very well put JimmieDoogan. I agree with you fully.

Talking

Most good game are delayed to make better or other reasons.But games like RAW Anchor just blowed that game like royal rumble two games that were a waste of time,money,energy, and creativity.
    ~1ne~
    Life Under The Sun(Chapter I:Ecclesiastes)
    Hidden Content

A big thanks goes out to the one and only awesome sigmaker GokuX

thats the first time ive seen your sig Xfan2k2 ... honestly it upsets me anyway! Good games get delayed because they like to jerk us around... freekin jerks

I used to post here a lot.

Thread Information