Thread: last night i picked up SPIDERMAN and NBA2K2 (my OPINIONS SO FAR)

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

Talking last night i picked up SPIDERMAN and NBA2K2 (my OPINIONS SO FAR)

i most say...i'm quite pleased

i'll start w/ my first impressions of SPIDERMAN (I didn't play enuff to write a review). So far i'm pleased. SLICK prestentation...great cut sceens. gameplay so far seems somewhat difficult.(as in i didn't master it my first or second go around) the game seems to have enuff # of moves to keep most gamers pleased. from basic land and arial combat moves and web moves..to advanced combos u can earn byfingding hidden icons. Grachics overall are pretty impressive but sometimes remind me of a cross between maxpayne and tonyhawk (gee i wonder y?). a couple other things that i was impressed by were the indepth tutorials. it has funny commentary and MANY different options. ie..basic combat,basic zip, basic webswinging, basic airia combat..then advances to eadvanced and expert levels for all mentioned above. plus a cool combat round where u fine tune all your skills buy fighting non stop regenerating baddies that get smarter and tuffer the farther u get. also the game features a shop to buy new customs (and who knows what else) by good level scores and has a cheat menu(i'm curious to see what activision implemented!). now as some xba's might know, i'm not to big on single player games w/out much replay value (unless their that good) and i bought it on a whim thinking i was probably gonna return it, but after a short night of playing (only on normal mode) and seeing the challenge i had and all the extras that seem to be available...this game might sit in my collection instead of back on EB's self.

as for NBA2k2...well all the reviews were right...this is deffinately the best B-ball game i've played...i was hesitant to purchase it because i owned 2k1 for DC and i'm figuring 2k3 will be online...but since i picked it up for 45...i'm almost definately gonna keep this one as well. the comentary rocks...and i like the streetmode option that kind of gives me the "i got a toneddown nbastreet and a the best sim bball game available for the price of one" feeling.

just my.02 for whoeva gives a rat's ash

Cool man, I traded my NHL 2002 for NBA 2k2 (kinda sad, hopefully I won't regret it)... I'm still waiting for it to come.

Spiderman sounds pretty sweet, I probably will only rent but keep us posted or something on this thread once you get into it more.
    Official PILOT of XBA!

u traded nhl 02!?!??! the ea version!?!??! that game kicks ash!! anyways...if your into bball..u won't be dissapointed in nba2k2...i mean u can even control which hand u try to steal with and to what degree of effort u want to put into it...the game rox

another thing i forgot to mention about spidey..surroundings are interactive.....(as they damn well should be!) but one cool thing besides being able to lift stuff up and throw it....u can just walk up to lets say, a pile of tires.....u can just do a swift arm swing motion and start slanging em at folks...which oviously is faster then picking up and throwing.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    u traded nhl 02!?!??! the ea version!?!??! that game kicks ash!! anyways...if your into bball..u won't be dissapointed in nba2k2...i mean u can even control which hand u try to steal with and to what degree of effort u want to put into it...the game rox
    Well, Stanley Cup playoffs have already started and NHL 02 by EA looked exactly like NHL 01 by EA on my comp so I wasn't too upset letting it go. I'm going to pick up NHL 03 when its released and hopefully it'll have some online capabilities and better fighting.
    Official PILOT of XBA!

i feel you on it needing better fighting....but u can't denie that the new 02 addition of the slow mo fish eyed breakaway lens wasn't the ish!!

GRAVEDIGGER

Default Hmm...

Well, thats tyte DZNUTZ NBA 2K2 isa the shiznit!

But i'm still not too sure about Spiderman, but i'll give it a rental to see what tha deal is.

Untill next time...

Default Inside Drive Is King

2K2 is no where near as good as NBA Inside Drive 2002. Maybe you should rent that game because if you don't, you don't know what you're missing. Animation and graphics blow 2K2 out the water. If you're new to XBOX it might take a few to get the controls, then it's so sweet to see all the control you have. Lob passes over the defense for the oop. Post your man up the paint the spin and dunk on em. You can even control what cross-over you do and which direction you it goes to. These guys must not have seen the game in motion cause 2K2 ain't even close baby!!!!

Thread Information